CoroCoro Thread (Not for XY Anime Discussion) - Page 116

Page 116 of 249 FirstFirst ... 1666106114115116117118126166216 ... LastLast
Results 1,726 to 1,740 of 3730
Like Tree2145Likes

Thread: CoroCoro Thread (Not for XY Anime Discussion)

BackwardsMan, huh? NoodleChefKyle's Avatar

Default Re: Official CoroCoro Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Eeveewithwings123 View Post
    Ugh, why don't the girls get any BROWN hair??? Stupid Pokemon sometimes... Either way, do you like the new guys?
    Leaf and Lyra say Hi. Unless you're talking about the new girl in particular.

FINALLY, we can customize the player characters. I'm super happy about this.

As for the Pokémon:
    At first, I thought Mawile finally got the evo (or pre-evo) it deserved. But hey, I still like the lizard guy.
    The little robin is adorable. I can't wait to see what it evolves into.
    Gogoat? If this bad boy replaces the Bicycle altogether, I'll be a little pleased.
    Finally, I WANT THAT PANDA! I DON'T CARE WHAT IT EVOLVES INTO!
    The_Doctor likes this.

Maddie Blaustein, 1960-2008
    You will be missed.

Blog Entries

I'm wondering if the Lass image and the customization portraits are vectored or pixel. I cannot determine due to the low res of the images. We'll find out on the proper Coro Coro release I guess
    Step into the Fairy circle

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by 97SaturnSL1 View Post
    Sencond. the bird pokemon looks like a baby road runner
    I thought so to, but apparently it's a robin. On the other hand, it learns Flame Charge, so maybe it's part road runner after all.
    Zeb, 97SaturnSL1 and The_Doctor like this.

MEGA F'ING AMPHAROS!!! Ampharos King's Avatar
    Blog Entries

At the very least there is mild character customization (just skin, hair, and eye color, unfortunately) and a new type combination in Electric/Normal.

Gogoat is literally called the "Ride Pokemon" so I am thinking that there will only be a few pokemon that you can actually ride in the game.

The boxart looks amazing too.

And still nothing about the legendaries and Sylveon again.

Ok... First thing is that i protest that Yanchamu is the "Naughty" Pokemon.
    The panda has menacing eyes and a leaf in its mouth to suggest that it might be a street fighter.

I'm actually surprised it isn't part Dark-type.

Blog Entries
    Follow VeggiePopper On Twitter

I'm glad we finally got real info! Ws getting tired of Sylveon and Mewtwo, and as interesting as they micht be, I preferred to see things about the actual game (human characters, gameplay features, the region), so I must say I'm satisfied with what we get. I wodner if the current scans are all or if there are more pages waiting for us. I also wonder what of this will be shown today on Smash and what won't.

So, we finally get the confirmation that the region is based on France, not Europe (it was obvious from the begining, but for those nay-sayers who insisted it was goiing to be the whole Europe continent); I'm glad that discussion is over. However, it is curious that now the region is based off an entire country rather than a part of it. I wonder it that will be adressed in the games? Most probably not, but still.

I must say that after all the possibilities that were discussed in the Trainer Customization thread, that I'm a bit dissapointed with the little customization we ended up with. However, it still pleases me, it's a step forward nonetheless. The irony is that many people thought the one thing they'll avoid would be skin colors, when it turned out the opposite: that's one of the only two characteristics we can customize. Anyways, now that we have the Sugimori artworks, I'm happy with the older protagonists and I really like both character designs. The male one looks cool and I love the boots (I always wear boots), although I must say his excessive resemblance to Hilbert reduces his awesomeness. The girl, on the other hand, looks very different than the previous ones (I'm getting the feeling Sugimori puts mopre detail on females) and she's also hot s hell; so most probably I'll choose her and give her the slightly tanned look.

Now that I'm into human characters, wow! When was the last time we had artworks for trainer classes? After Stadium and Stadium 2 (whicha gave us Sugimori artworks for every trainer class up to Gen II) all we've had is a Youngster and a Hiker artwork for RSE and that's all... until now that we'll get portrait of every freaking trainer class!! I love that (I like Sugimori's human drawings more than Pokémon artworks, that's why I'm so happy about this).

And finally, the Pokémon! I personally liked the Electric/Normal lizard, although that might steem from my personal appeal for electric Pokémon. It seems I'm the only one who's meh about the panda. However, the goat looks awesome; its appearance gives the impression of a sturdy, powerful Pokémon (probably already evolved), a midgame encounter maybe, although the rest of the Pokémon seem to be the early ones, so who knows. Which brings me to... Oh yeah, riding Pokémon! Goodbye to the generic blobs when using HM's. Although, unlike many have said, I don't think that means that HM's or the bike have been replaced. There's nothing that hints thee will be no more HM because of this; all this shows is that now instead of a generic blob, we'll actually see our Pokémon doing the thing, which is not contradictory with HM's, but the actual opposite. About the feature replacing the bike, I don't think so, since that would force us to have one ridable Pokémon in our party for fast traveling, which is exactly why people dislike HM's (being forced to use cetain Pokémon because their abilites are required to perform some things), so replacing the bike with riding Pokémon would be a step back. I rather they keep the bike, and probably give us new vehicles (I'd like a scooter or a motorbike. After all, characters are now older). Who knows? Probably the riding Pokémon is a one-time thing, akin to walking Pokémon in Amity Square, of actually using the Pokémon (instead of just commanding them) in the Pokéathlon.

Tablet Pokédex? Well, I didn't see that coming, but now that I think about it, it becomes so obvious I feel ashamed for being surprised. W/e, new Pokédex looks neat, both the device and the interface.

Quote Originally Posted by Samurott View Post
    I'm wondering if the Lass image and the customization portraits are vectored or pixel. I cannot determine due to the low res of the images. We'll find out on the proper Coro Coro release I guess
    Looks like pixel art to me, akin to the digitilized handrawn artworks that were used in Gen V for the Xtransceiver. I'm crossing my fingers.
    Robo-Floatzel likes this.

Pt: 5285 3562 3697- Veggie
    SS: 5156 5108 0540- Dany
    B1: 0175 8413 2944- Popper
    B2: 1163 7552 4502- Jonatan
    3DS: 1418-6718-4136

Blog Entries

A fighting-type Panda, huh...

I wonder how Dreamworks is going to feel about this.

Theme set by Caprizant | Fan of Generation I.

P-p-p-panda. At last.

This is too much joy after the long ardous news drought. It's just so. I can't even.

Hidden Mew likes this.

I breed egg move pokes & DW females.

MEGA F'ING AMPHAROS!!! Ampharos King's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by LadySasaki View Post
    P-p-p-panda. At last.
    Spinda was also based on a species of panda.

Blog Entries
    Follow VeggiePopper On Twitter

Nobody seems to have comented on the new Pokédex, and thyat's a shame. After a quick read in the Bulbanews article, it refers to the new Pokédex as having a holographic screen, which prompted me to zoom in and happily confirmed it. I guess the holographic screen is meant to represent the 3D aspect of the new handheld. It makes me happy because it reflects that the developers have not forgotten the tradition of the Pokédex resembling the current handheld, even if now only in functions and not in looks (mainly because basically Nintendo handhelds haven't changed a bit since 2006).

Pt: 5285 3562 3697- Veggie
    SS: 5156 5108 0540- Dany
    B1: 0175 8413 2944- Popper
    B2: 1163 7552 4502- Jonatan
    3DS: 1418-6718-4136

El_
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ampharos King View Post
    This one actually looks like a Panda though, and a pretty nice design to boot. Hope its an early capture, which it probably is considering the typical bird and whatnot.

Nice info all around, I'm most happiest with the region map and name finally. The trainer art look pretty nice as well, customization could be more detailed at this juncture considering PBR, but I'm satisfied with what we got. (there will probably be DLC to capitalize on it anyways)

... ... We can ride Pokemon? I really hope this will be an expanded version of the walking Pokemon feature, and they didn't just toss in riding a few of em for the lulz. That can be a big feature if implemented right... please let me ride Xerneas :3 & PLEASE let this replace the outdated HMs.

I suppose Masuda "could" go over this info again on the 19(?) but I can't be the only person thinking that would be unnecessary. Hopefully then they will reveal Sylveon's and the legend's types, hopefully...

N set by smalllady
    Ideals/Truth

Proud Pokeservative! 97SaturnSL1's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Ok... First thing is that i protest that Yanchamu is the "Naughty" Pokemon.
    The panda has menacing eyes and a leaf in its mouth to suggest that it might be a street fighter.

I'm actually surprised it isn't part Dark-type.
    I was making a reference to the character Freaky Fred from Courage the Cowardly Dog because he is the first thing that comes to my mind when someone is being called Naughty. Every time i see that panda the Freaky fred theme song goes through my head...

Quote Originally Posted by Isamu Akai View Post

I dont think they would mind too much just so long as there isnt an Evil Peacock pokemon or that the panda doesnt know martial arts.lol

Blog Entries

I love the female protagonist! Her design is amazing. She gets a plus for wearing a hat too.

I'm very disappointed in the male protagonist though. I find his design to be alright (I love those boots), but the blue/brown palette bothers me cause it's something that has been done before. After Hilbert and Nate both having a blue/brown color palette, why should we have a third one that is basically XY's own version of Hilbert? I find Hilbert's design to be of very good quality, but reusing a winning concept isn't always going to end up being good, and this one didn't in my honest opinion.

REALLY GLAD we finally got a Pokemon that is truly based on a panda. Its design looks great! Can't wait to see its evolution (cause I have a feeling it probably will have one)!

Claims: Dialga | Multitype | Judgment | Adamant Orb | Draco Plate

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Isamu Akai View Post

I dont think they would mind too much just so long as there isnt an Evil Peacock pokemon or that the panda doesnt know martial arts.lol
    That was supposed to be a joke, if you hadn't noticed...

Theme set by Caprizant | Fan of Generation I.

Quote Originally Posted by LadySasaki View Post
    P-p-p-panda. At last.
    Imma just let everyone else speak for me:

This one actually looks like a Panda though
    REALLY GLAD we finally got a Pokemon that is truly based on a panda.
    The_Doctor and Silverwynde like this.

I breed egg move pokes & DW females.

Blog Entries

Smile Re: Official CoroCoro Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Ange View Post
    I love the female protagonist! Her design is amazing. She gets a plus for wearing a hat too.

I'm very disappointed in the male protagonist though. I find his design to be alright (I love those boots), but the blue/brown palette bothers me cause it's something that has been done before. After Hilbert and Nate both having a blue/brown color palette, why should we have a third one that is basically XY's own version of Hilbert? I find Hilbert's design to be of very good quality, but reusing a winning concept isn't always going to end up being good, and this one didn't in my honest opinion.
    Well, they said you can change his hair and skin color. I was thinking that if blond is available, I'll choose that since it's different.

LinkBacks (?)