CoroCoro Thread (Not for XY Anime Discussion) - Page 101
Page 101 of 249 FirstFirst ... 519199100101102103111151201 ... LastLast
Results 1,501 to 1,515 of 3730

Thread: CoroCoro Thread (Not for XY Anime Discussion)

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Official CoroCoro Discussion Thread

Typing would be pretty fine. The discussions are pretty dried out and it's not even interesting. And IF we get a NEW TYPE that could be it cause they would have to feature a lot about it attacks, weaknesses.

I hope for 3-4 new pokes cause I love that most about the new Generations.

Registered User BigBadButterfree's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Eneci View Post
    Typing would be pretty fine. The discussions are pretty dried out and it's not even interesting. And IF we get a NEW TYPE that could be it cause they would have to feature a lot about it attacks, weaknesses.

I hope for 3-4 new pokes cause I love that most about the new Generations.
    Idk, I feel like it'd be in Nintendo's nature to (IF they reveal something like that) tell us "yeah, Sylveon's the brand new fairy type!" And then not give us any details pertaining to the properties of said type.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

At this point, I don't even care what sort of info we get next issue. As long as there's something about X/Y. X/Y discussion has gone stale and if they're trying to encourage hype by withholding info, it's been so long that it's not even working anymore.

Of course, the typings of the new pokémon would be welcome reveals.

[sources: sig gif|avatar]

Not even my final form GreatLiver's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

It's still hard to say if we're going to be a month behind where we were for BW or not. May 2006 we got the first screenshots of DP, even though we knew those games were in the works since 2004 with Gonbe. June's big reveal was gender differences, and it wasn't until July that the ball really started rolling, and that too was a September release.

I'm really doubting we'll see any new pokemon revealed, which is sorta nice because it makes it seem more likely we could get some actual game information. We've been holding out for character art for a long time now, so maybe we'll get that along with some information on either the region or the professor. If customization does end up being a thing I could see that getting a page where the character art's revealed and that'll take up about all of what we get this month.

Do they usually cover side games in depth after they're released? I feel like that's not a thing, but I hardly pay attention to side news information. At least by next month the rumble game'll definitely be outta the way, clearing up a lot of space for them to start rolling out two page spreads of new pokemon.

With 100% more GUNFACE! Silverwynde's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

All I want is Sylveon's type. That's it. Coro Coro, please don't make me wait anymore.
    Autobots, transform and party down!
    Don't believe the lies.
    Claimed: Golett ~ Iron Fist ~ Shadow Punch ~ Big Pearl ~ Light Clay.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

The only time I remember them following up on spinoffs is when they have events that are unlocked. I could be mistaken, though. Usually, they cover everything they want to show on the month of release. I hardly think Rumble is important enough to get a follow up otherwise.
    Step into the Fairy circle

Post Thanks / Like

Just. Freaking. Tell. Us. Something. Game Freak I'm begging here, you've made us discuss this to no end. You win, we're all desperate to know. But now we're beginning to run dry on conversation. Just give us anything at all, even the tiniest bit, and you can bet we'll be all over it as if you had just revealed something massive.

We are starving.

Go home Kalos rivers, you're drunk.
    My URPG Stats

Post Thanks / Like

Anyone have a translation for all the stuff on the February Sylveon page?

Also someone has the May issue already.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails rogkaei.jpg  

Post Thanks / Like

Nothing on the cover? I don't think we'll be getting anything substantial then...
    ⋆★ avatar signature ★⋆

Not even my final form GreatLiver's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I should think that puts the nail in the coffin for anyone thinking we'd get new pokemon revealed... or any sort of news at all.

Nothing on the cover (barring what may be something related to one of the pokemon mangas in the upper right corner) means the inside's probably pretty sparse as well.

Allegedly it's CoroCoro SPECIAL, not Comics. Not completely sure about that, but apparently that's what Amazon Japan is saying.
    Last edited by GreatLiver; 7th May 2013 at 09:44 PM.

Painting the night sky... Neon Borealis's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Follow Neon Borealis on Tumblr

Well, let's see. I'm going to make a prediction. What could take space this coming months in coro-coro pokémon wise.

The following is purely hypothetical.

Rumble U: Not very likely considering it's a spin of and it's already out. But they may hype it a little bit more with a special figurine or something like that. Maximum space: half a page.

TCG: I don't think there are any upcoming sets close to release (please correct me if I'm wrong) So I don't see this as likely.

Tretta: Already had space dedicated to it. I don't see it as likely.

Movie.

Okay, what have we seen about the movie featured in coro coro:
    Legendary featured in the film: check.
    Big surprise that's a mayor character/plot point: check.
    Setting: Check
    Manga that tells the first half of the film: 1/3rd done, so it will continue up until the august issue.
    Human characters: Uncheck
    Way of changing Mewtwo's form (in 6th gen): Uncheck
    Another promotional pokémon: Unlikely, but still, unchecked for the time being.

If we are getting anything else about the film, I'm guessing it will be these last few pre-release details. If I'm correct, they will focus on the human characters (Hence, the voice actors in smash's next episode). Next issue or maybe the one in July they will talk about how to change Mewtwo's form. Which leaves June's issue with the last few pre-release scraps.

If we assume that, for them to show Mewtwo's event, they would need to show more game footage, that leaves us with a two month time frame for more information to surface.

May issue: Very few to moderate details. Assuming they will be dedicating space to the movie (Again!!! sheesh). The XY campaign may start this month, but given the already leaked cover, this is unlikely.
    June Issue: Info bomb, you know, pre-release movie information doesn't take too much space at this point, and there's E3. If the XY campaign doesn't start in May, It surely will start in June.
    July,August,September: XY info avalanche.
    October: Pre, or post release information (Depends on final release date).

Again this is purely hypothetical.

Winner of: Professor Layton Mafia, Warrior Cats Mafia, Kid Icarus Mafia, Star Wars Mafia,Legendary pokémon mafia, Make a Mafia, Smash Bros Mafia, Phoenix wright: Justice for all mafia and Eeveelution mafia
    Other games won: Vigilantes, Trauma Center: Virus attack

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by GreatLiver View Post
    Allegedly it's CoroCoro SPECIAL, not Comics. Not completely sure about that, but apparently that's what Amazon Japan is saying.
    Yep. You can tell from the cover design and the price (440 yen as opposed to 480) that it's just CoroCoro Special. That explains the early leak.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Silktree View Post
    Yep. You can tell from the cover design and the price (440 yen as opposed to 480) that it's just CoroCoro Special. That explains the early leak.
    Good. This way there's more hope that we'll get news. That cover was worrying me.

Registered User Neptune's Disciple's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Kojo View Post
    Anyone have a translation for all the stuff on the February Sylveon page?

Also someone has the May issue already.

Quote Originally Posted by Silktree View Post
    I don't read Japanese very well anymore, but I know that the Katakana atop the second 'ro' of korokoro - コロコロ reads as comic (komikku - コミック). I scanned over the rest of the page and couldn't see anything relating to 'special' (supeshyaru - スペッシュル). The katakana in the top right mentions Rizaadon, which unless I'm mistaken is the Japanese name for Charizard, though I can't read the kanji below it to know what they're talking about regarding Charizard. The Katakana to the left of that (still with the red background) is 'Pokemon Tretta'(ポーケモン・トレッタ), so I'm assuming we'll get some news on that. The large characters at the bottom refer to someone named 'Bi' (pronounced similarly to bee), next to that says it's game and manga book 6. The top left is talking about a male called Zobbii, and one of the 3 kanji to the right means person/individual/by oneself, but again I can't read the other 2 to to properly make sense of it, does anyone know of an existing nintendo character by that name?

Not sure if that helps, I haven't studied Japanese since high school so I'm very rusty, but hopefully some people can make a bit more sense of it now.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Neptune's Disciple View Post
    I don't read Japanese very well anymore, but I know that the Katakana atop the second 'ro' of korokoro - コロコロ reads as comic (komikku - コミック). I scanned over the rest of the page and couldn't see anything relating to 'special' (supeshyaru - スペッシュル).
    That's because that part of the logo is obscured by the Duel Masters advertisement (maybe it's a ploy to get more sales). You can see the cover on CoroCoro Special's website.

Does anyone know what this page says in reference to Xerneas and Yveltal?
    Last edited by Silktree; 8th May 2013 at 12:07 AM.