Contest Discussion - Page 2

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree25Likes

Thread: Contest Discussion

Somalian Anarchy Leader! Please Understand's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Follow Please Understand on Tumblr Visit Please Understand's Youtube Channel

Default Re: Contest Discussion

For some reason, I could see you being able to choose what to wear for the contest.

Anyways, I kinda wish that there were contest battles, and the points system is in the background.
    Why are you looking here? There is nothing here.

I'm a servant of the lord Midorikawa's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Follow Midorikawa on Tumblr Visit Midorikawa's Youtube Channel

I wish they'd bring them back, and pokeatholons as well. While the other things were nice, there wasn't really any goal to strive for. Contest you got ribbons, and pokeatholons made getting things like stones easy. Though if they do bring back contests I rather they be just the appeal round like Gen III because I didn't really like the other two rounds in Gen IV. And of course a contest battling round would be awesome.

Nice weather we're having SirOni's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I'm gonna go against the popular opinion here and hope that if contests come back they won't have battles. I feel that contests should be a different animal compared to battles and that the anime only put battles in contests because the people working on the show believed that kids would find them boring otherwise.
    Last edited by SirOni; 26th February 2013 at 10:12 AM.
    Caro: 0774-4484-9102

IGN: Antonio

URPG:http://bmgf.bulbagarden.net/f401/cerony-urpg-66373/

I've been waiting for contests to return for a while. Definitely not a fan of Gen IV's contests though, the Gen III ones were so much better.

MEGA F'ING AMPHAROS!!! Ampharos King's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I'm not really a fan of the contests in the games, but at this point I would not mind playing a contest on a pokemon game in which the pokemon are shown moving on their own when they declare attacks. I don't know how the dancing elements will be performed, since these require very specific movements, and these movements probably won't be implemented for the 600+ pokemon that can be used in these games due to the constrained due date. I can see the move and appeal portions being used for a contest in the Gen 6 games, though.

I don't want Contests. They should bring back the Pokeathlon from Heartgold and Soulsilver, as well as all the minigames from the Joyful Game Corner on Two Island in Firered and Leafgreen version. They could also bring a sidequest that has to do with the Pokemon Trading Card game.

You Are (Not) Fine Winterdaze's Avatar Moderator
    Blog Entries

Follow Winterdaze on Tumblr

I don't want Contests, I'd much rather see something original. Considering the region is based on France, a Pokemon circus similar to Cirque Du Soleil would be neat.

Not to mention I don't want to see any more contests in the anime. They've done their dash, I couldn't stand to watch another coordinator girl subplot.

Blog Entries

Follow Yato on Tumblr

I think Contests would make an excellent comeback. With Fantina, Wallace, and Juan as well as other coordinators can make an appearance.

Also, since France is known for fashion and design, I wouldn't be surprised if they included pokemon fashion shows in the game in the Contest category as well. Similar to the dancing game in Contests, you'd have to tap buttons to the music to have your pokemon walk as cute as possible.

Elesa could also appear since she's a model XDD

You think you're bad, don't ya? Karamazov's Avatar Administrator
    Blog Entries

Follow Karamazov on Tumblr

Blech, I didn't think Contests were that special. I only participated in them for the Ribbons.

I'd rather see something new, something that doesn't require Poffins, Blocks or Shakes to enhance your Pokemon's performance.

"Playing around?" Wrong.

While contests werent all that interesting ingame (didnt stop me doing em though) i think that if they make them more like the anime ones they have real potential. Honestly i enjoyed the contests in the anime and how they helped add more to the story and character development. So im selfishly hoping for a return of contests in gen 6 so that they will be in the anime as well :P.

Blog Entries

Follow Bubble Frog on Tumblr

Meh, they're better than those awful Musicals and Movies weren't too bad. I'd want them to pretty much directly copy the anime Contest and have an appeals round with a battle round where the Coordinator's points can be reduced to claim victory or by knock-out. Though that might be little more than a pipedream since it might be too complicated an idea to pull off in the games. Contest spanned two generations and I liked having Contest figures in regular game play compared to Musicals which no one cared about in-game, Wallace, Juan, and Fantina for examples were prominent Contest figures and strong trainers. The Poffin/Pokeblock thing got annoying though, I only really did it because I liked getting ribbons. Something new would be better, plus I'm not sure how I feel about another Coordinator girl to advertise Contest in the anime. I got insanely burned out on the lukewarm DP ones.

Has converted to Helixism Miles101's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I really loved contests, I'd like them to return since they're less frustrating than the movies and more fun than the musicals.

追放されたバカ
    Blog Entries

I'd much rather something original myself. I didn't like the Movie thing, and the Musicals were alright. I'd rather Contests back than those, but I think it's going to be something French fashion or circus-related.

Sometimes I draw things. Finicky Fennekin's Avatar

I've actually really enjoyed all of the extra things like Contests and the Movies and everything. I mean: they're optional if you don't like them, and if you do they're something fun to work on after beating the main storyline! I wouldn't mind seeing all of them included in the upcoming games! Or at least all of them split between the main pair and whatever comes after. Like maybe Contests and Movies in X and Y, and save the Pokéathlon and Musicals for later. That way there's not an overload of the extras in one game, but you can still play with all of them within the same generation.

I would really prefer the RSE Contests over the DPPt ones, though. The number one reason I miss the gen III Contests is that I loved the combination moves - like how using Yawn one round would power up the appeal of Rest in the next. I loved carefully planning out each of my Contest 'mons' movesets!! (`・ω・´)” When the gen IV contests took all of that out I was really disappointed. I don't mind the gen IV additions, I just don't really like them in the actual Contests. (I feel like the rhythm-dance minigame would have fit better in Musicals, so you could actually participate beyond dress-up games...)

My dream-scenario for the gen VI games, under a cut because this post is getting long...

Quote Originally Posted by Winterdaze
    I don't want Contests, I'd much rather see something original. Considering the region is based on France, a Pokemon circus similar to Cirque Du Soleil would be neat.
    What does Cirque du Soleil have to do with France, though? ( ?´_ゝ`)

You Are (Not) Fine Winterdaze's Avatar Moderator
    Blog Entries

Follow Winterdaze on Tumblr

Wait, Cirque du Soleil is Canadian!? You learn something new everyday.

A circus would still be better than contests though :P

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast