Clever Pokémon Nicknames - Page 58

Page 58 of 110 FirstFirst ... 848565758596068108 ... LastLast
Like Tree152Likes

Thread: Clever Pokémon Nicknames

Blog Entries

Default Re: Pokemon Nicknames! What have you named your team and what meanings do the names h

In my playthrough of Emerald, I gave all my Pokemon Vocaloid names.
    Akita the Combusken
    Miku the Taillow
    Luka the Ralts
    Kaito the Marshtomp
    Haku the Aron
    Rin the Electrike

Default Re: Pokemon Nicknames! What have you named your team and what meanings do the names h

Got SoulSilver on Saturday, started playing it yesterday afternoon.
    So far:

Chikorita - Natsu.
    Mareep - Hikaru.

:)

Currently Playing: X; 7 Badges;
    Delphox (Lv 65) - Vivillion (Lv 65) - Blastoise (Lv 65) - Pangoro (Lv 66) - Amaura (Lv. 69) - Sylveon (Lv. 66)

Well basically I was naming and picking everything the opposite of my lady friend She named her character Silver I named mine Gold She named her Cyndaquill Flamex I named my Totadile Hydrex(sounds kinda like an energy drink >A>;;)

Hyper Satellite Cannon! Bishie Karis-chan's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Visit Bishie Karis-chan's Youtube Channel

In my Platinum game:

Dialga: CrappyPoke
    Palkia: MyBroSUCKS

Seriously. Every time I've used that dimented reindeer, it died in one hit.

A Liver Made Fullmetal Misato Katsuragi's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Follow Misato Katsuragi on Tumblr

I generally just give my Pokemon regular first names I like that start with the same few letters of their species name (like my Pelipper, caught as a Wingull, is named Wilhelm). But sometimes I try to choose something more specific to that Pokemon.

For example, my Kecleon is named "Zelig." I'm a huge fan of Woody Allen movies, so how could I name a chameleon Pokemon anything else?

I wear the nekomimi here. GlassMan's Avatar

I need a female Glaceon, you can't name a Male "Miku" and get away with it.

I also have GOLIATH the Venusaur in my SoulSilver. :P

Because Eevee is freaking adorable. DO NOT DENY IT, YOU KNOW IT TO BE TRUE.
    My webcomic, "The Hiroto Show", has landed on Topwebcomics! So come on and vote!

Blog Entries

Nidoking, Bane: Thesaurus returned Bane as a synonym for poison; also, in Golden Sun one of the earth djinn was called Bane. He could poison upon unleashing, so I went with that name.

Typhlosion, Typhoeus: Many-headed fire-breathing beast of Greek myth. I also believe Typhlo's name to be based off of the myth's.

Kingdra, Arion: A stallion, son of Poseidon. Seemed fitting.

Dragonite, Vivian: I didn't know what to name her until after she evolved to the final stage. It's the one I got from the Master, so I wanted her name to mean something like "overcoming challenges", and the closest I found was Victoria. On the same page I found that name was Vivian, "full of life". Since that one trainer in Blackthorn Gym says dragons are full of life energy...

And although I don't use it, I named the red Gyarados Asmodeus. A demon personifying wrath seems appropriate for a red Gyarados from the Lake of Rage. At least to me.

Those are the names I put the most thought into. I named the team on one playthrough of LeafGreen after Golden Sun summons:

Nidoqueen, Azul
    Blastoise, Neptune
    Pidgeot, Procne
    Alakazam, Ulises
    Golem, Ramses

I have a Dratini named Eclipse, after the GS summon, also; it was going to be a Dragonite but I forgot about that project. It's partner, a Bagon named Adremalech, after the FF totema, which I seem to have lost. Not sure how.

A few other names:

Bulbasaur, Rose (use her to breed Petal Dancing Bulba's)
    Butterfree, Gail (I think i might have released her, though)
    Arcanine, Kirin, never used him, though
    Noctowl, Nevermore
    Magcargo, Maggie (just for the hell of it)
    Linoone, Snuffles (lol. used him as my "starter" in that playthrough)
    Gardevoir, FairyQueen (one of my oldest Pokémon)
    Aggron, Bladebiter
    Seviper, Lilith
    Kricketune, Requiem
    Pachirisu, Patchy

Blog Entries

Azelf- Shadow
    Empoleon- Pingu
    Blissey- Pinky
    Giratina- Giant
    Smeargle- Tactic
    Aerodactyl- Terry
    I Guess there is no meaning :P
    Friend Code X is:

3840-6649-9157

Blog Entries

Here's a few of mine, most of them are because I'm a science/mythology lover, though. c;

Drifblim - Verdigris (Verdigris is the most commonly used name for the green pigment copper gets after acetic acid is applied to it. You probably know it as when your pennies go green.)
    Gengar - Ares (Ares is the mythological God of War.)
    Nidoking - Orcus (Orcus is the mythological God of the Underworld.)
    Suicune - Psuedechis (Genus for the Black Snake.)
    Ambipom - Eleanor (After Eleanor Rigby by The Beatles. <3)
    Ursaring - Tango (Tango from Ghost Hunters, plus that's what I used to call one of my best friends.)
    Torterra - Geb (Geb is the Egyptian God of the Earth.)
    Scizor - Bruski (Beer. lD)

And then pretty much everyone else is named after my personal characters. P;

EDIT:
    Current team in FireRed run:

Ivysaur - (chocolate) Rain (teehee)
    Mankey - Tea (I was thirsty P;)
    Shiny Zubat - Nias (named after my lower-level demon character; was found in Rock Tunnel <3)
    Growlithe - King Rat (after the song by Modest Mouse)
    Fearow - Magic (Johnson)
    Nidorino - Organ (don't look into that one too deeply... >D)
    Last edited by Bullfinch; 2nd July 2010 at 07:52 PM.

secure yourself to heaven
    hold on tight the night has come

Blog Entries

My MMPR-themed Team for Shoddy
    Tyranitar-Jason
    Bastiodon-Billy
    Aerodactyl-Kimberly
    Mamoswine-Zack
    Persian-Trini
    Dragonite-Tommy

Heartgold nicknames:
    main team
    Ty (Typhlosion) - not very creative
    Mr. Owl (Noctowl) - the tootsie roll pop commercial
    Beacon (Ampharos) - it's used like that at the olivine lighthouse
    w00t (Quagsire) - "w00t" sounds like wooper
    S'winter (Mamoswine) - Phineas and Ferb episode; it's winter in summer

other pokemon
    Uh-oh! (Ho-oh)
    Luigi (Lugia)
    ZZzzz... (Snorlax)
    Red (red Gyarados)

(Note: I started the entire game over on 9/19/2010)
    Last edited by Pipcard; 25th September 2010 at 08:28 PM.

Naming is one of my favorite things. I probably shouldn't list everything I've ever come up with, though, so I'll try to pick some favorites:

Rufus the Typhlosion (Silver) - Rufus means "red-haired," which kinda works for a fire-type. I just really reaaaally like that name, though. It feels very fitting for this particular Pokemon.

Lucio the Mightyena (Sapphire) - It means "light," so it's not a very accurate name. It's actually based on another character named Lucio who would definitely be a Mightyena if he were a Pokemon.

Rio the Feraligatr (HG) - "Rio" is Spanish for river, so there's that. I also just like the name in general (for a boy).

Adagio the Slowking (HG) - This is a musical term that indicates a slow tempo. It's not the slowest marking, but it's the best term to use as a name.

Virgil the Arcanine (HG) - In Dante's "The Inferno" poem, he is guided through Hell by the Roman poet Virgil. I like how this name has both loyal and fiery connotations.

Mars the Tyranitar (HG) - Mars is the Roman god of war. That kind of works out, but I mostly just love that name for this Pokemon.

Ezio the Pidgeot (various) - Means "eagle," so again, it's not that accurate. Still, works best on the Pidgey family, rather than something like Spearow or Starly.

Niluk the Abra (various) - I have no idea what this means. There was a TA in my math class named Niluk and I really liked how it sounds. For some reason an Indian name seems very suitable for an Abra.

Charlemane the Charizard (various) - Named after the first Holy Roman Emperor, Charlemagne. Mostly just because of the first four letters. (Also, the nickname character limit forces the misspelling. Wah).

Ponyboy the Ponyta (various) - Basically, whenever I catch a male Ponyta, I name him after the main character from S.E. Hinton's "The Outsiders." There is no other name.
    You were in my dream; half human, half machine.

Lt.
    Blog Entries

i've notieced someting, a TON of people name their pokemon after Greek/roman gods

if i see one more "Mars" or "Zues" i will scream
    I have claimed
    Ninetails: Rydel Guy:

White FC:3224 4959 6211.
    Silver:5328 3164 4969

Quote Originally Posted by Lt.Fonz View Post
    i've notieced someting, a TON of people name their pokemon after Greek/roman gods

if i see one more "Mars" or "Zues" i will scream
    I don't really see anyone naming anything, haha. I just play by myself most of the time.

I think the names of gods are pretty fitting for certain Pokemon, like the more powerful ones. My Rhyperior is Athena. :/
    You were in my dream; half human, half machine.

Gyarados- Pookie & Kitty (Kitty's the red one. She's Pookie's girlfriend.)
    Meganium- Arram
    Ampharos- Neville
    Geodude- Melba (I thought it was amusing. I rarely use her but right now I'm training her to be a Graveler because I think a Golem named Melba will be even funnier.)
    Espeon- Silas (was supposed to be an Umbreon but REFUSED to evolve at night. At 8:30 PM he became an Espeon and after about four tries I decided to let him stay that way.)
    Umbreon- Hector