Clever Pokémon Nicknames - Page 10

Page 10 of 110 FirstFirst ... 891011122060 ... LastLast
Like Tree152Likes

Thread: Clever Pokémon Nicknames

Well, let's see, I'm new in Nicknaming, and I like to make my nicnames awesome, or no nickname...so, here are my nicknamed pokemon:

Live Wire - Electivire (I wanted something to do with electricity and his unique tails, and a friend told me of some comic superhero who was known as Live Wire)
    Jaws - Garchomp (It's first nickname was Gary [Garchomp <-> Gary], but it is a Female Garchomp, so it HAD to go. Then I found out that Garchomp was nicknamed the "Land Shark", so I thought of famous Sharks, and Jaws came to mind immediately. It was short and fearable)
    DOSAIDON - Rhyperior (I heard that DOSAIDON was Rhyperior's Japanese name from Serebii.net, so I decided to give it that name, though I'm thinking in a new name for it now, I want something original)
    Anubis - Lucario (they just look alike, so I gave it that nickname)
    Monki - Houndoom (He looks a lot like my dog, named Monki.)

I've also gotten some pokemon from some friends and myself in my Fire Red version, but I can't change their names, but here is what I would have given them:

Missingno. - Porygon-Z (Darn, I wish I could change that >_> I'd even use a glitch or GameShark for it [if GameShark can do that <_<'. I wouldn't know, I've never used GameShark])
    Houdini - Alakazam (Another name I forgot to give before trading from my Fire Red >_> It's so lame you can change names for pokemon gotten from the Pal Park)

Click here for my Trainer Card! I made it clickable cause it would stretch too much...

I've got some nicknames from XD to share:

Ottanson-Espeon, can be pronouced AW-tan-son or OH-tan-son, but the first is the main pronuciation. Driven from the Egyptian sun god Ottan, and son, a boy child. This is the second veriation of this name. Other Espeon I have often have the name Ottanlee.

Salfearo-Salamence, Masculized form of Salfeara, the female dragon from the book/movie "Eragon" (It's a male Salamence)

Aslan-Manetric, the deity-like being in the form of a lion from the book/movie "The Chronicals of Narnia". This also makes sense because Manectric comes from Japanese legends concerning thunder demons who take the shape of animals. (according to Bulbapedia)

Mary-Marrowak, from Marrow and the female name. Coincidentaly, she also shares her name with a book charactor I'm reading about. Mary from "Everlost".

Silvia-Lugia, Not intentinaly named after Silvia from said game, I assure you.

Vivid-Lapras. ........I know.

I tend to give rather royal names (save Lapras) to all of Eldes's former pokemon, being a big fan of him. Anybody have a better suggestion for Lapras and Marrowak?

Breeding Projects! These are all babies living in either int the box marked Orphnage, or raised for battle!

Magnhild-Cleffa, female, Norwegian name meaning "great battle"
    Honey-Teddiursa, female, DUH
    Gretle-Teddiursa, female, I just like that name:D she had a brother name Hansel but he was released in my breeding project sweep
    Chersus, Prunus, Speciosa, Avuim-Cherubi, male, female, female, female all specie names of cherries
    Virginia-Snover, female, from Virginia pine
    Vernon-Ekans, male, Vernon sounds snaky to me
    Simone-Ralts, female, they just seem sort of French, don't they?
    Narcissa-Murkrow, female, like Draco Malfoy's mom, but also some dude in Greek mythogloy who loved himself, and Murkrow like shiny stuff, so...yeah
    Fenny-Bidoof, female, named for Fennywolde of the Deptford Mouse Chronicles.
    Anubis-Riolu, male, cause Riolu looks like Anubis, sort of
    Jingle and Jangle-Chingling and Chimecho, male and female, siblings and they are bells

In my new Leaf Green cart, I have:

Hiashi-Charmander, a post earlier in this thread gave me the idea.

Hayate-Mankey, Japanese for "Hericane" I use this name often because I'm a Spencer fangirl. It kinda fits Mankey anyway.

Haruko-Spearow, Japanese word for "spring" (Haruka) with an o at the end instead of an a to make in masculine. Yes, another Ranger referance, I know.

Konna-Rattata, random name I came up with. It seems out of place with the rest of te teams nicknames, so I'm replacing it as soon as I get to Lavander town. Any sugestions?

Registered User The Thieving Queen's Avatar

Romeo and Juliet, and that was my two gibles. Romeo is now a Garchomp, he got me past the elite four. :3
    Two mareeps named Cotton and Scarf, along with an Eevee called Evian that are gathering dust this very moment in a box.
    A Rapidash named Flint, I didn't even realise where I had seen the name before.
    Dratini named FIERCE, after I saw an ep of project catwalk. And unfortunately a Riolu named Alpha.

Quote Originally Posted by Green Cherrim View Post
    Breeding Projects! These are all babies living in either int the box marked Orphnage, or raised for battle!

Magnhild-Cleffa, female, Norwegian name meaning "great battle"
    Honey-Teddiursa, female, DUH
    Gretle-Teddiursa, female, I just like that name:D she had a brother name Hansel but he was released in my breeding project sweep
    Chersus, Prunus, Speciosa, Avuim-Cherubi, male, female, female, female all specie names of cherries
    Virginia-Snover, female, from Virginia pine
    Vernon-Ekans, male, Vernon sounds snaky to me
    Simone-Ralts, female, they just seem sort of French, don't they?
    Narcissa-Murkrow, female, like Draco Malfoy's mom, but also some dude in Greek mythogloy who loved himself, and Murkrow like shiny stuff, so...yeah
    Fenny-Bidoof, female, named for Fennywolde of the Deptford Mouse Chronicles.
    Anubis-Riolu, male, cause Riolu looks like Anubis, sort of
    Jingle and Jangle-Chingling and Chimecho, male and female, siblings and they are bells

my riolu is called anubis too=O

Some more of my motley crew:

Ponyta (f) - Calida - Derived from the spanish 'calida' meaning fire.
    Buneary (f) - Fiver - Guess. Literary elitists would be unimpressed.
    Psyduck (m) - Nemo- Latin for 'nobody'. Such a gormless looking creature.
    Buizel (f) - Buizel - Possibly derived from greek naiad, 'water nymph'.
    Shellos (f) - Afon -'River' in Welsh.
    Zubat (f) - Noir - Being lazy in this. But if anyone asks, I say it was an obscure anime reference.

Some more of my motley crew:

Ponyta (f) - Calida - Derived from the spanish 'calida' meaning fire.
    Buneary (f) - Fiver - Guess. Many literature fans would be unimpressed.
    Psyduck (m) - Nemo - Latin for 'nobody'. Such a gormless looking creature.
    Buizel (f) - Buizel - Possibly derived from greek naiad, 'water nymph'.
    Shellos (f) - Afon -'River' in Welsh.
    Zubat (f) - Noir - Being lazy in this. But if anyone asks, I'll just say it was a random anime reference.
    Roselia (m) - Liana (AKA Linea) - Name of a kind of jungle vine. Poor chap keeps getting referred to as female by his trainer.
    Shieldon (m) - Ferruccio - Pet form of 'Ferro', Italian nickname meaning 'iron'.
    Gastly (f) - Lamia - Name would more fit a Zubat, as it's a term for 'vampire'.
    Pachirisu (f) - Luminita - 'Small light' in Romanian.

Giraffarig Rules :P

in pkmn diamond, my pokemon are called:

Rapidash(F) - Epona
    Lapras(F) - Grace
    Riachu(F) - Riachy
    Dragonite(M) - Onion
    Absol(F) - Curse
    aaaaaannnnnnddddd and unhatched Charmander which i'm gonna name Toast :P

Well, since the stupid nicknames thread was closed, I'll put this here.

Just last night, I saw a Dialga up for trade of the GTS. It's name was Bubble.

EDIT: Oh, yah, more Nicknames from yours truly:

Mothim No.1: Spring

Mothim No.2: Mac

Wormadam Grass: Kami (Short for Camoflough)

Wormadam Sand: Tara (Latin for earth)

Wormadam Steel: Lisa (Rhymes with Insulation)

Feebas No.1: Neon (Neon Tetra)

Feebas No.2: Ming (It's Chinese for either Shining or Beautiful, I know that Mang and Ming are Shining and Beautiful, but I can't remember witch one is witch. It works either way, I guess)

Feebas No.3: Maybel (Random)

Heatran: Magmatops (Magma, +Tops, the latin word for face)

Combusken: Hihigh (The Japanese hi, meaning fire, and the English word High, to be far up.)

Lucario: Binen (The Japanese nen, thought, and Bi, latin for two, representing Lucario's abilities)

Floatzel: W.G. Berg, short for Whoopi Goldberg. What? I was bored. Oh, yes, and it's a male Floatzel. :p

Cacturne: Kerry. Yes that Kerry. It kinda looks the Grinch after all, doesn't it?
    Last edited by Lesley_GSC; 10th March 2008 at 12:12 PM.

Blog Entries

I suck with nicknames. XP But here's a few.

Bellossom: Kireihana. Bellossom's japanese name, which sounds really cute and better. Plus, it has a better meaning. Pretty flower! :3

Gardevoir: Gardy. Just short for Gardevoir, with a sweet tone to it. <3

Pinsir: Kairon. A small variation of his japanese name. Sounded awfully cool, so I kept it. 8D

Tentacruel: Doku. Short for his japanese name. I'm SO original! >>

Luxray: Rentt. Due to X-Rays scientific name and such.

Salamence: Zilant. A name of some russian dragon. Sounded cool, so I used it.

Lopunny: Mimi. Short form of her japanese name, and a cute fitting name for her.

Roserade: Persephone. Hades' wife in Greek Mythology, as well as the daughter of the goddess of nature, I think? Either way, it fits in both ways because Roserade is a Grass Poké (Nature) and has a rather demonic/evil aspect.

That's all I have so far.
    lol I got bored.

Charizard: Match
    Snorlax: Narcol
    Alakazam: Wizard
    Crobat: Echo
    Gyarados: Rampage
    Gengar: Joker
    Typhlosion: Ember
    Slowking: Kang
    Tyranitar: Tyrant
    Sudowoodo: Bonsai
    Togekiss: Toga
    Scizor: Kritz
    Elekid: Static
    Butterfree: Butters - Although he sometimes insists on being called Prof. Chaos lol
    Last edited by Laughing Bat; 23rd March 2010 at 09:11 PM.
    3DS FC: 4570-7605-2787

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by LaughingBat View Post
    Butterfree: Butters although he sometimes insists on being called Prof. Chaos lol
    Lol. Butters is a pimp.
    Last edited by Chocolate Bones; 15th March 2008 at 12:28 AM.

I seem to be hell-bent on naming my Pokemon after game and cartoon characters lately, namely characters from the Mother series:

Ambipom(f) - Kumatora
    Lopunny(m) - Ness
    Froslass - Paula
    Mew(shiny) - Giegue
    Gardevoir (m) - Claus
    Deoxys - Starman

And my Pokemon named after random cartoon characters, things, and real people:
    Skarmory (f) -Lila (my budgie)
    Honchkrow (m) - Slickback (Boondocks character)
    Electrivire (f) - Ohmsmaria (combination of Ohms and Maria)
    Tyranitar (f) - Tyra (actually named after Tyra Banks after a joke involving Tyra as said pokemon)
    Name: Alison
    Code: 3565 8412 4029
    Yesss yesss, let's feed my addiction.

The Digital Pokemon Chargreymonizard's Avatar

Well, as you can see in my sig. I name my Pokemon after Digimon. And I mean ALL of them. I use my Ultimate National Pokedex to write down what each Pokemon's equivalent Digimon is, so that I can nickname them that when I catch/hatch them. It's tough coming up with Water types...
    My Heartgold team

I am (almost) a "Living Pokédex"

Page 10 of 110 FirstFirst ... 891011122060 ... LastLast