Characters and Plot - Page 5

Page 5 of 50 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast
Like Tree503Likes

Thread: Characters and Plot

Add Chiss on Facebook

Default Re: Pokémon X & Pokémon Y: Characters and Plot

Quote Originally Posted by Hurricane Kishore View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Froakiepie View Post
    ...or a random stalker spy for an evil team. WE DON'T KNOW!
    Or may be a new star trainer.
    Probably, but that's not as fun.

Quote Originally Posted by sonic10158 View Post
    Let's see,

I wonder if we will see characters based on Joan of Arc, Louis XIV, De Gaulle, Nostradamus, Napoleon, Marie Curie, etc.

Also, they MUST have at least a cameo of Elesa (the gym leader from Nimbasa City) seeing as how she became a fashion model in B2W2 and how Paris, France is the fashion capital of the world.
    I'm still betting it will not be solely based on France, but more on Europe. As for Elesa making a cameo, that would be fitting I guess. But what about Fantina? After all, we know she is not from Sinnoh and she uses French phrases...

Really, really wild idea:
    It´s speculated here, that Cynthia may reapear again.
    IIRC It´s stated somewhere, that Cynthia´s home region is unknown
    It´s speculated that we may get a female evil boss.

What if Cynthia comes from this region and eventually turns evil?
    And with speculated genetics theme, it could be a consenquence of some experiment.

Out of the evil-Cynthia idea, she may be from this region, you know, just wynaut.

If I make some stupid grammar mistake, I´m terribly sorry and feel free to correct me.

Quote Originally Posted by Dieter View Post
    I'm still betting it will not be solely based on France, but more on Europe. As for Elesa making a cameo, that would be fitting I guess. But what about Fantina? After all, we know she is not from Sinnoh and she uses French phrases...
    Seeing Elesa would fit well (I don't care much for Elesa, but her appearing in at least the France-inspired part of the region makes sense), but Fantina probably wouldn't, as she is only "French" in the English version of the games, since in Japan, her name is in Melissa, and she uses English words/phrases. Unless there is an England/United Kingdom-inspired area, then that would be cool.

Agent Titanium CrimsonoftheOrder's Avatar

I'm thinking, hoping, for a Fire Champion. That Fire room didn't seem like a gym to me and the camera view was from really high up. The floor of the room is reminiscent of Cynthia's room to me, too.

As for characters I'm thinking female main rival. I'm not sure if pigtail girl will be she but it's just high time that's happened (Bianca wasn't main rival, as she had a starter weak to yours). DNA is likely to be a part of the plot and the villainous team may very well be experimenting on Pokemon and such, sort of like Cipher. There are definite Unova connections, what, with the France theme here and THREE MUSKETEERS legendaries in Unova. I don't know, that just sort of stood out to me once I saw the Eiffel Tower and the stag legendary. The Castle with the statue that has Golurk and Palpitoad on it also makes that clear.

It's looking like it will be an exciting generation and there may very well be a plot that was just as intense as Black and White. Only this time we won't get spoilers from Japan six months early :p

Quote Originally Posted by Akuma-Tsubasa View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Dieter View Post
    Seeing Elesa would fit well (I don't care much for Elesa, but her appearing in at least the France-inspired part of the region makes sense), but Fantina probably wouldn't, as she is only "French" in the English version of the games, since in Japan, her name is in Melissa, and she uses English words/phrases. Unless there is an England/United Kingdom-inspired area, then that would be cool.
    Oops, should have realised that XD Nonetheless, I still think this game won't be based solely on France. And Fantina always seemed kinda... European to me, though that might just be me, or the French phrases or both

Quote Originally Posted by Cerony View Post
    You're gonna have to elaborate on this XYZ affair for us Torterra Trainer.
    The XYZ Affair was a political and diplomatic episode in 1797 and 1798, early in the administration of John Adams, involving the United States and Republican France. Its name derives from the substitution of the letters X, Y and Z for the names of French diplomats in documents released by the Adams administration.

An American diplomatic commission was sent to France in July 1797 to negotiate issues that were threatening to break out into war. The diplomats, Charles Cotesworth Pinckney, John Marshall, and Elbridge Gerry, were approached through informal channels by agents of the French Foreign Minister Talleyrand, who demanded bribes and a loan before formal negotiations could begin. Although such demands were not uncommon in European diplomacy of the time, the Americans were offended by them, and eventually left France without ever engaging in formal negotiations. Gerry, seeking to avoid all-out war, remained for several months after the other two commissioners left. His exchanges with Talleyrand laid groundwork for the eventual end to diplomatic and military hostilities.

The failure of the commission led to an undeclared naval war called the Quasi-War (1798 to 1800), and caused a political firestorm in the United States when the commission's dispatches were published. Federalists who controlled the government took advantage of the national anger to build up the nation's military. They also criticized the Democratic-Republican Party for its pro-French stance, and Elbridge Gerry (a nonpartisan at the time) for what they saw as his role in the commission's failure.

~Taken from the Wikipedia page

Does that explain it?
    3DS Friend Code ~ 1762-2785-8494

Add me and give me yours!!

Team Splicer.

As in, gene splicing. Hence the genetics theme in the titles.

G.R.A.M.P.S. would finally be complete, too.

Blog Entries

[QLolUOTE=Zistal;4550199]Team Splicer.

As in, gene splicing. Hence the genetics theme in the titles.

G.R.A.M.P.S. would finally be complete, too.[/QUOTE]

Are the admins gonna be Big daddies?

Hey, I think I have further proof of a european setting. In the trailer, if you pause the video at the right moment after Pikachu is done speaking you can see the Eiffel Tower or a similar type of tower before zooming out on the world. Maybe it's just a coincidence, but why have Pikachu be in a europe themed area? I know it's already been stated, but you know, just providing more proof.

Also just putting it out there, the female character looks like a BWB2W2 Ranger :/

◓Gypsy Vanner Horse Kyuuketsuki's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default Characters

Lately, the Pokémon series has been giving more attention to their characters. Of course, we will have the Rivals, Professor, Gym Leaders, Elite 4, Champion, and Villainous Team, but in Generation IV we got Looker, Riley, Mira, Buck, Cheryl, and Marley. In Generation V, we got Fennel, Curtis, Yancy, Pop Roxie, Ingo and Emmet. We also got members of Gamefreak, and in both Generations, we got Bebe and Amanita. We even got some supporting characters in Generation III, who were much more involved with the player, in my opinion.

What new concept do you want them to implement in Generation VI when it comes to characters?

Personally, I hope for more emphasis on the PC Storage System creator/enhancer. They were always such interesting characters to me, and I hope that they get a much better backstory, maybe even accompanying the player in some parts. And since Looker was a pretty amusing character, I want to see more of the International Police. Maybe give the Gym Guide an expanded role as well?

I also want to see a mentor to the main character, who would give them their first Pokémon, and have the first battle with them. What do you hope to see?

Default Re: Characters

I'd like to see a character who is on their own journey, and is famous, sort of like Gary Oak was, but the PC never actually meets him until post-game. There's numerous news reports about his journey and he manages to get all the way to the Champion, but loses, and the media jump all over it, saying "Well if he can't beat the champion, then no'one will.". Then the PC comes out of nowhere and manages to defeat the Champion, provoking him to challenge the PC to keep a little of his reputation some time during the post-game. Of course he would just be a secondary character and has nothing to do with the main plot, which, assumingly would involve an evil organisation and what not.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Corrupted Paradise View Post
    I'd like to see a character who is on their own journey, and is famous, sort of like Gary Oak was, but the PC never actually meets him until post-game. There's numerous news reports about his journey and he manages to get all the way to the Champion, but loses, and the media jump all over it, saying "Well if he can't beat the champion, then no'one will.". Then the PC comes out of nowhere and manages to defeat the Champion, provoking him to challenge the PC to keep a little of his reputation some time during the post-game. Of course he would just be a secondary character and has nothing to do with the main plot, which, assumingly would involve an evil organisation and what not.
    I had a similar idea for a pseudo-Rival who would always beat you with his Level 100 Pokémon, and the game is programmed so that he always gets Critical Hits, but by the end, you get to challenge him and win. That would be satisfying, as well as enough to shut everyone up about the "Mean Rivals".

I'd like to see Nurse Joy in the pokemon centre given more personality, commenting on your progress, when you catch a new pokemon,if you heal your pokemon a lot, maybe saying something if you have a rare pokemon in your party, it would make my trips to the pokemon centre much more enjoyable if i didn't have to skip the same chunk of dialogue a million times.
    Stuntology likes this.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Pokemon Y U do dis View Post
    I'd like to see Nurse Joy in the pokemon centre given more personality, commenting on your progress, when you catch a new pokemon,if you heal your pokemon a lot, maybe saying something if you have a rare pokemon in your party, it would make my trips to the pokemon centre much more enjoyable if i didn't have to skip the same chunk of dialogue a million times.
    It's not the same nurse in every Pokémon Center, so I doubt that would happen. But maybe they can recognise you and compliment you when you become the Champion? It would be really fun, and egotistical, to have the nurse draw attention to you, and all the trainers in the Center complimenting you.

Page 5 of 50 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast