Characters and Plot - Page 4

Page 4 of 50 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast
Like Tree503Likes

Thread: Characters and Plot

Nice weather we're having SirOni's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Pokémon X & Pokémon Y: Characters and Plot

Quote Originally Posted by PixelPerfect View Post
    I saw someone in the webz suggest that the name of the villainous team could be "Team Axis" to go with the coordinate symbolism, and that's honestly a pretty cool name.
    If this is true then there may be a problem. Go over here and you'll see. Just look for the discussion about "Axis Generation".
    Caro: 0774-4484-9102

IGN: Antonio

URPG:http://bmgf.bulbagarden.net/f401/cerony-urpg-66373/

El_
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by PrettyVenomoth View Post
    black and white 2 are just fillers they wont even let you complete thoses games nooo just shove a new gen in yer face a couple months after but of course its somthing to play untill you throw your ds out in october..
    These games will be released a full year apart from BW2. If it takes you more than a year to complete a 20 hour (on average) video game then something is seriously wrong with you.

A couple of months after would mean the games would be released today btw, stop being dramatic. DS has been here for nearly 8 years, its dead so time to move on, but whatever.

As for the plot, I'm hoping Hilda/Hilbert are in this region and that N finally finds them to complete his character journey.

N set by smalllady
    Ideals/Truth

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Boy View Post
    You know what I just thought of? What if your rival in this game is actually a member of the evil team? I think that would be a great plot twist, because I'm really starting to get sick of these "childhood friend" rivals (Barry being the worst of them).
    A childhood friend gone bad? A childhood friend with ambiguous morality? Maybe. I'm not fond of the aggressive rivals like Silver and Blue so if it's not that I'lll be fine.

I'm hoping that if they do make a "Pokémon Z" then it will actually look good. The Y Mascot is in the shape of a Y, the X mascot is in the shape of an X, what would they do with a Z? ._.

Also, crossing fingers that Dratini is one of the Pokémon you can catch. It was in the trailer, so yea. =D

I don't know if it's too soon to speculate on the plot of the games yet, but just to throw something out there, perhaps the title of the series X and Y could play into the actual XYZ affair that happened in France to American diplomats shortly after the US won the revolutionary war. That's a possible connection to the series being X and Y and it being set in France. I have no idea how that would factor into the plot of the game, maybe connecting relations between Unova (America) and this new region that seems to be drawing heavily from France? :/

Can't wait to find out more though.
    UnovaCastaway likes this.
    3DS Friend Code ~ 1762-2785-8494

Add me and give me yours!!

Follow scarlettpeony on Tumblr

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Boy View Post
    You know what I just thought of? What if your rival in this game is actually a member of the evil team? I think that would be a great plot twist, because I'm really starting to get sick of these "childhood friend" rivals (Barry being the worst of them).
    What I'd really like to see is your rival start off as the girl (not boy, for once) who is your best friend but eventually becomes evil through the influence of the Team. That to me would be very interesting as a plot twist. Or maybe, as another variation of the baddie rival theme, think they are the ordinary Bianca-like girl rival who you always beat... but then she's revealed to be this spy for the baddie team and she's been manipulating you all along. I certainly want a new take on the rival, though. Either Reverse-Silver (i.e. goodie turns baddie) or Undercover-Baddie-Playing-Good.

Quote Originally Posted by Torterra Trainer View Post
    I don't know if it's too soon to speculate on the plot of the games yet, but just to throw something out there, perhaps the title of the series X and Y could play into the actual XYZ affair that happened in France to American diplomats shortly after the US won the revolutionary war. That's a possible connection to the series being X and Y and it being set in France. I have no idea how that would factor into the plot of the game, maybe connecting relations between Unova (America) and this new region that seems to be drawing heavily from France?.
    Now that WOULD be clever. As you say, Unova = America and XY Region = France means that there could be some past connections in our history that could be reinterpreted for the game. Plus Unova does feel as if its being set up to be the Western (Pokemon) World's answer to Kanto. Either way I really hope that they follow the same plot driven story method they had in BW. It really was a step in the right direction and I'm interested to see how this story does.

+ Black 2: 2581 1942 8822
    Serperior - Magmortar - Lucario - Zororak - Espeon - Vaporeon

Quote Originally Posted by Anser View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by PrettyVenomoth View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Konoko Hasano View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Anser View Post
    I'm very disappointed with this announcement. I mean, it's great, but it's too soon. Gen V was my favorite generation after 1 and 2 and it only lasted two years in America, and three in Japan. Yes, yes, I know other generations have also lasted only three years, but I don't care. Gen V should have been longer. That's what happens when Nintendo rushes things. Black and White should have been released on the 3DS to begin with.

Stop thinking it is too soon when it isn't. Besides, GameFreak DID get 3DS toolkits in 2010, and so they've probably had teams working on this. Both Gen I - II and II - III were three years apart. Too soon would be if this were only two years apart, which it's not.
    it is too soon and here is why their rushing a new gen 3 good resaons

1. To get a flashly new game out to sell the 3DS moar ££££
    2. 3DS sales are poor need moar £££
    3. £££££££

they have milked gen 5 for all its worth time to move on To the next cash cow and that is the 3ds Its such a shame really 2 years for a gen is not enough the anime is also suffering badly from this, they are rushing the end of unova so much its beyond da joke!!

black and white 2 are just fillers they wont even let you complete thoses games nooo just shove a new gen in yer face a couple months after but of course its somthing to play untill you throw your ds out in october..
    You got it. It's because the 3DS isn't selling well. It's all about the money.
    Yes, but without money and sales how would they make money to make new games? And actually 3ds has been increasing in sales all over the world since its launch. It has over 40 million units sold. And besides the ds I'd dead, it has been around for nearly nine years.
    Last edited by Pokefanforever; 8th January 2013 at 08:56 PM.

Blog Entries
    Follow Durbe On Twitter Add Durbe on Facebook

Maybe the villanous team will be named team nebula and a character close to yours is the head of it.
    FC: 2723-9571-7949 IGN: Toshiro

Nice weather we're having SirOni's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Torterra Trainer View Post
    I don't know if it's too soon to speculate on the plot of the games yet, but just to throw something out there, perhaps the title of the series X and Y could play into the actual XYZ affair that happened in France to American diplomats shortly after the US won the revolutionary war. That's a possible connection to the series being X and Y and it being set in France. I have no idea how that would factor into the plot of the game, maybe connecting relations between Unova (America) and this new region that seems to be drawing heavily from France? :/

Can't wait to find out more though.
    You're gonna have to elaborate on this XYZ affair for us Torterra Trainer.
    Caro: 0774-4484-9102

IGN: Antonio

URPG:http://bmgf.bulbagarden.net/showthread.php?t=66373

Traveling the World Traveler_Daze's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Visit Traveler_Daze's Youtube Channel

Sorry if this is off topic, but I noticed that the main PC looks kinda of like Hilbert/Black, the female PC doesn't though. But maybe the main PC of this game could be Hibert's son or something. Who knows...

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Traveler_Daze View Post
    Sorry if this is off topic, but I noticed that the main PC looks kinda of like Hilbert/Black, the female PC doesn't though. But maybe the main PC of this game could be Hibert's son or something. Who knows...
    If this generation has any connections to Unova or references it in any way then the time period that this generation takes place in will become more important. I don't think we'll be travelling to Unova but I can see a connection between Genesect and the double helix, so Team Plasma could make a return, in Johto's Team Rocket-like style. Depending on the next movie's mascot it could tie in with Genesect in more ways than one, so the connection is a possibility.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Beck View Post
    so Team Plasma could make a return, in Johto's Team Rocket-like style.
    That's already happened. A second return would be very repetitive.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Silktree View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Beck View Post
    so Team Plasma could make a return, in Johto's Team Rocket-like style.
    That's already happened. A second return would be very repetitive.
    Undoubtedly it would. I think it's safe to assume in the end that a lot of what we'll be getting is entirely new, if anything to promote the change and show the 3DS' full capabilities, but who knows. I personally wouldn't mind a cameo or such, maybe a future event.

I'm a Biotic God. FEAR ME sonic10158's Avatar

Let's see,

I wonder if we will see characters based on Joan of Arc, Louis XIV, De Gaulle, Nostradamus, Napoleon, Marie Curie, etc.

Also, they MUST have at least a cameo of Elesa (the gym leader from Nimbasa City) seeing as how she became a fashion model in B2W2 and how Paris, France is the fashion capital of the world.

Top game series: Pokémon, Mass Effect, Mario, Sonic, Batman Arkham, Ace Combat, Forza, GTA, Sly Cooper, etc

追放されたバカ
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Froakiepie View Post
    ...or a random stalker spy for an evil team. WE DON'T KNOW!
    Or may be a new star trainer.

Page 4 of 50 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast