Characters and Plot - Page 23

Page 23 of 50 FirstFirst ... 13212223242533 ... LastLast
Like Tree503Likes

Thread: Characters and Plot

Default Re: Characters and Plot

Quote Originally Posted by Ray Koya View Post
    I hope Calem/Serena don't end up like Brendon/May because those two were very lackluster rivals.
    At least they pitched you a battle on occasion *coughLucas/Dawn/Ethan/Lyracoughcough*

And, no N please. No Cynthia for that matter either.
    Ben 10 and Rainbow like this.
    Pokemon Black FC: 2837 9558 6665. Player Name: Valens

3DS FC: 2466 - 3213 - 3790
    Friend Safari: Fairy: Kirlia, Spritzee, Floette

Blog Entries

I'm one of those people who want to see Cynthia again, partly because she's my favorite champion, but also because she making cameo appearances has kind of become a running gag now, so in a way it would be weird if she didn't appear.

Claims: Dialga | Multitype | Judgment | Adamant Orb | Draco Plate

^ ...A little early to call her cameos a running gag don't you think?
    Pokemon Black FC: 2837 9558 6665. Player Name: Valens

3DS FC: 2466 - 3213 - 3790
    Friend Safari: Fairy: Kirlia, Spritzee, Floette

Blog Entries

One think I would like about Cynthia appearing again: Hearing a new remix of her awesome battle theme with the XY instruments would be fantastic! I am also curious about which Pokémon she would use, since she had Eelektross (yay) and Braviary (meh) in her BW team. I think Pangoro would fit her nicely.
    8ther, Eradia and Guy_Spy like this.

Blog Entries

Blog Entries

Follow pastabender on Tumblr

Eh, that doesn't really confirm anything. Why is Shauna asking Trevor about her starter if Trevor has already given himself, Tierno, and yourself one. Unless they know Sycamore will give them the Kanto starters later on and she's like "hurry up i wanna go travel 2 towns to get mine"

I guess it essentially confirms Trevor and Tierno get the starters? But then that doesn't make sense because usually the rival (aka Calem/Serena) gets your counterpart...

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by pastabender View Post
    Eh, that doesn't really confirm anything. Why is Shauna asking Trevor about her starter if Trevor has already given himself, Tierno, and yourself one. Unless they know Sycamore will give them the Kanto starters later on and she's like "hurry up i wanna go travel 2 towns to get mine"

I guess it essentially confirms Trevor and Tierno get the starters? But then that doesn't make sense because usually the rival (aka Calem/Serena) gets your counterpart...
    No, what I said was Trevor and Tierno have starters already. Not even what I said, its what the dialogue directly implies, and what the Direct implies is that one of those two gives you your starters. Clearly Shauna gets the last starter given the dialogue as well. Shauna is asking to see the Pokemon because she's getting one of the starters along with Calem and Serena.

What we know:
    Kalos Starters: Calem, Serena, Shauna

Tierno and Trevor may have a second set of Kalos starters, or may even have Kanto starters from Sycamore. Or maybe they have non-starter first Pokemon, but then receive the two Kanto starters you don't choose from Sycamore in Lumiose.
    Last edited by The Outrage; 4th September 2013 at 10:20 PM.

The Deceiver Pokemon Team Gaara's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by pastabender View Post

Outrage is right; The dialogue does, essentially, confirm that the PC, Calem/Serena, and Shauna will get the Kalos starters and that Tierno and Trevor already have theirs. Shauna's asking about her starter (to Tierno, BTW) because she doesn't have one yet, she wants hers. You will choose one, Calem/Serena will get the stronger one, and Shauna will get the weaker one. Which is, basically, how it was in the demo.

What Tierno and Trevor get, who knows yet, since they also were not present when Sycamore talks about giving you a Kanto starter.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Team Gaara View Post

What Tierno and Trevor get, who knows yet, since they also were not present when Sycamore talks about giving you a Kanto starter.
    They weren't? That's a shame. I wanted them to have non-Starter Pokemon at first, and then get Kanto starters.
    Last edited by The Outrage; 4th September 2013 at 10:41 PM.

The Deceiver Pokemon Team Gaara's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by The Outrage View Post
    They weren't? That's a shame. I wanted them to have non-Starter Pokemon at first, and then get Kanto starters.
    They're there at some point, as shown in another trailer, but when Sycamore says that it'd be good to have another Pokemon, only the PC, Shauna and Calem/Serena are left.

Blog Entries

Follow pastabender on Tumblr

My bad - I completely misunderstood all of that. I probably shouldn't comment on this stuff when i'm in a lecture.

I was just confused as to why Trevor is giving you the Kalos starters if he doesn't have one. Maybe he's the son of a professor or something, and that's how he got them.

Blog Entries

Follow Tsutarja on Tumblr

So essentially, wouldn't that make Shauna and Serena PC's two main rivals? The rumors did mention one friendly rival and one that is competitive. So, if the three Kalos starters are distributed between the three of you, regardless of the Kanto starters, the two of them should be your rivals. Right?

Because usually your rival gets the other starter Pokémon of the new region.
    YamiiDenryuu and NoirGrimoir like this.

Yes as it seems the other gender PC and Shouna are your rivals. The other thing that confirms that is the fact You 3 are at Scymore´s lab when he gives you the Kanto starters.

Shouna could only be someone you meet on your journey. And we get an other rival, someone like N whom we meet somewhere in the game. But the 3 of them are the trainers who get the starters.

The Man of Squirtles SquirtleMan493's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Outrage View Post
    What we know:
    Kalos Starters: Calem, Serena, Shauna

Tierno and Trevor may have a second set of Kalos starters, or may even have Kanto starters from Sycamore. Or maybe they have non-starter first Pokemon, but then receive the two Kanto starters you don't choose from Sycamore in Lumiose.
    My guess is that Tierno and Trevor both have Kanto starters, but you as a player aren't put in a situation where you'd see their starters until you pick up your Kanto starter from Sycamore. In which case they "already have" the appropriate starter relative to yours.

HeartGold: 3825-0928-4475 Platinum: 2106-4902-4792 Black: 1978-9522-9634

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by SquirtleMan493 View Post
    My guess is that Tierno and Trevor both have Kanto starters, but you as a player aren't put in a situation where you'd see their starters until you pick up your Kanto starter from Sycamore. In which case they "already have" the appropriate starter relative to yours.
    ...this has a gaping plot hole in it. Why are the Kanto starters still in Sycamore's suitcase when you pick them out?

Page 23 of 50 FirstFirst ... 13212223242533 ... LastLast