SPOILERS: Character Redesigns: Yay or Nay? - Page 17

View Poll Results: Do you prefer the new redesigns?

Voters
206. You may not vote on this poll
  • I love them!

60 29.13%
  • I like the old ones better.

23 11.17%
  • I like some of them, but like some of the old ones as well.

89 43.20%
  • I'm really indifferent to this all.

10 4.85%
  • They just should have updated the old art rather than do redesigns.

24 11.65%
Page 17 of 31 FirstFirst ... 7151617181927 ... LastLast

Thread: Character Redesigns: Yay or Nay?

Crimson Fighter PhilosophyPhlare's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Character Redesigns: Yay or Nay?

Loving the gym leaders. They are basically the same thing boosted. Which is how prefer redesigns.

Norman looks way too young though.

I mostly like Norman so far. The way he stands even looks like a real challenger. He may be the coolest guy in the game if he never smiles. His jacket, oh also takes me away. But just... Only if he was not given those sandals. It sordo destroys so many things on him.

My least favourite, also repellent one is actually Wattson. There is absolutely no single difference -even the way he poses- but outfit, which is worse than original one. He definitely looks like a plumber now. His misshapen jacket could not be any worse.

Overall, why everyone has obsessively way weird shoes? Hoenn, where you have a holiday during your journeys. Collect GYM Leaders from the beaches. They may be unable to see you though.
    Last edited by Wigger; 21st July 2014 at 08:01 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Wigger View Post
    My least favourite, also repellent one is actually Wattson. There is absolutely no single difference -even the way he poses- but outfit, which is worse than original one. He definitely looks like a plumber now. His misshapen jacket could not be any worse.
    *GASP!*

Could he be a long lost relative to the Brothers Mario?!
    Last edited by SammyW27; 22nd July 2014 at 09:59 AM.

Blog Entries

I mostly like Norman so far. The way he stands even looks like a real challenger. He may be the coolest guy in the game if he never smiles. His jacket, oh also takes me away. But just... Only if he was not given those sandals. It sordo destroys so many things on him.

Overall, why everyone has obsessively way weird shoes? Hoenn, where you have a holiday during your journeys. Collect GYM Leaders from the beaches. They may be unable to see you though.
    Normans sandals are geta, which are basically the Japanese version of flip flops. It fits with the Dojo theme. As for Wallace, he always had the jumpsuit, but was covered by that ridiculous sweater. I'm not saying that your wrong to have an opinion, just that you might not be seeing the whole picture behind the changes.
    "Funneh bunneh and the dammut Bahamut go on an adventure!"-Chespin Circa 2009

I sure was funner back then, possibly even stupider....

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Mitzman! View Post

Normans sandals are geta, which are basically the Japanese version of flip flops. It fits with the Dojo theme. As for Wallace, he always had the jumpsuit, but was covered by that ridiculous sweater. I'm not saying that your wrong to have an opinion, just that you might not be seeing the whole picture behind the changes.
    I think you meant Watson, my dear Watson. :)
    A true friend freely, advises justly, assists readily, adventures boldly, takes all patiently, defends courageously, and continues a friend unchangeably.
    -William Penn

Grand Duke Homs

Redesigning of characters will add customization flavor in the game. That's one of the reason why I appreciate Pokemon XY even though the story and plot are not that good. And yes, prices for clothes and other accessories should be lower.

Where the Shadows lie Phoenicks's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Norman -- kid Dad.
    Brawly looks really cool. Flannery looks -- about the same? Roxanne looks a bit young too. 3D modeling makes everything look chibi, actually, compared to rugged 2D pixel art.
    "The inward skies of man will accompany him across any void upon which he ventures and will be with him to the end of time." -- Loren Eiseley

In glorious technicolor The Outrage's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Too young compared to what? Roxanne's supposed to be a student still.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by The Outrage View Post
    Too young compared to what? Roxanne's supposed to be a student still.
    Nope, in the anime she was the teacher and in the original games, she was a graduate of the trainers school. Besides the PWT man implied that her age was ambiguous. Until now, it seemed like Game Freak was always intent on keeping her that way. Making her younger and a student of the school is weird.
    FC is 1263 7145 9704 and Name is Drew.

Her title is "The Rock-Loving Honors Student". That seems to imply that she's just a very good student, or that she's a student-teacher, in any case I think her design makes her look more like she's supposed to be .

She would still be pretty young anyway so she looking like a student isn't too out of place, after all most people would rather look young than old so maybe she's just taking good care of her appearance.
    Last edited by FullMoon; 2nd August 2014 at 09:44 PM.

Chapter 1: The Frigid City

An old friend of Alex's shows up while he's trying to sort out with his father what to do about his newest friend and helps come out with a solution. Afterwards, Alex and him make a little tour around Icirrus City in order to show the Golurk how human society works and end up meeting with more friends, but what is the Golurk thinking through the whole experience?

In glorious technicolor The Outrage's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by DasManiac View Post
    Nope, in the anime she was the teacher and in the original games, she was a graduate of the trainers school. Besides the PWT man implied that her age was ambiguous. Until now, it seemed like Game Freak was always intent on keeping her that way. Making her younger and a student of the school is weird.
    To add to FullMoon's comment, nowhere in her dialogue did it say she was a graduate of the Trainer School, just that she applied what she learned from Trainer School in battle. You don't need to have graduated to be able to do that, you could still be attending. That's basically the entire premise of the Schoolkid trainer classes anyway.

And let's not bring the anime into this as evidence for game canon--it creates more misconceptions than it resolves (i.e., you may be a trainer at 10 in the anime, but no such age limit exists in-game, and Red started at 11).

Blog Entries

I don't think Roxanne looks "too young" seeing as she didn't look all that old before. The new art style makes everyone look pretty young, so that's probably all that is.

A Trainer & Coordinator! TrainerSplash's Avatar

Am I the only one annoyed by The Magma and Aqua designs, May kinda bothered me two a little, but I liked her over time.

Current icon's source: http://pokescans.tumblr.com/page/35

Bulbanews Writer aliveatnight's Avatar Bulbanews Writer
    Blog Entries
    Follow aliveatnight On Twitter
    Follow aliveatnight on Tumblr

Quote Originally Posted by TrainerSplash View Post
    Am I the only one annoyed by The Magma and Aqua designs, May kinda bothered me two a little, but I liked her over time.
    Not at all. Those are the only ones that I truly hate.

My Pokémon Blog
    Claims: Akihiko Sanada (Persona 3, Persona 3 FES, Persona 3 Portable, Persona 4 Arena), Sif (Dark Souls), Evoker (Persoma 3, Persona 3 FES, Persona 3 Portable), Greatsheild of Artorias (Dark Souls), Nightingale Bow (Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim)

Team Aqua is probably my favorite out of all the redesigns, they look just so much more cooler and have a lot more personality to them.

Chapter 1: The Frigid City

An old friend of Alex's shows up while he's trying to sort out with his father what to do about his newest friend and helps come out with a solution. Afterwards, Alex and him make a little tour around Icirrus City in order to show the Golurk how human society works and end up meeting with more friends, but what is the Golurk thinking through the whole experience?

Page 17 of 31 FirstFirst ... 7151617181927 ... LastLast