Character Discussion Thread - Page 94
Page 94 of 94 FirstFirst ... 4484929394
Results 1,396 to 1,408 of 1408

Thread: Character Discussion Thread

Default Re: Character Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Hyperion09 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by FairyRed View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Hyperion09
    TPCi's translation of dialogue in general is painful to read. Feels like it's been dumbed down somehow.
    Because "Don't be a noob!" or "My Pokemon is fight!" aren't painful to look at at all, no...
    You know as well as I do that I'm not talking about unfunny forced memes. Or did you forget that Treehouse did G1-G3 as well? Go grab a random selection of NPCs from each generation, read their dialogue, and I guarantee you that those from the previous generations have much smoother speech than those from BW.
    I do know that. oAo I like the TPCI translations better, even though I also grew up with Treehouse's translations. I only found out like last year that there was different translation team for the games. Even with that knowledge, I rather like TPCI's translations.

Quote Originally Posted by The Outrage View Post
    I always figured Silver was older.

Anyway, talking to random NPC's, and one of them mentioned that I looked like one of the Pokemon Centre aides, and asked if I was the child of one (playing as Rosa). Later, I get a phone call from the PC's mother, and she confirms that she used to work at the Pokemon Centre.

I wonder why she quit her job?

EDIT: Evidently Curtis thinks Rosa sounded older than she really was based on her voice.
    Well in HGSS Silver looks older. D: He always looked the same age as the player in GSC to me.

And since we know that Nate/Rosa's mother was a Pokemon Center nurse, I guess we can confirm that they're all required to wear pink wigs or dye their hair pink.

I have yet to talk to Yancy in my game, I wonder if she'll make the same note about Nate? D:

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Quattro ~ Bajeena View Post
    So, who's up for theories on how three of the Village Bride musicians are actually the Shadow Triad?

Surely there's a reason for them being referred to as "Dark Musicians" by an NPC.
    Perhaps because the lyrics are a bit moody and the songs not exactly upbeat. That or the Lady Under the Bridge is a Zoroark protecting Ghetsis.

Quote Originally Posted by Magmaster12 View Post
    Before you battle Norman he mentions that he moved from Olivine City to Petalburg City to become strong.

So we now have official confirmation of the RSE player characters original home town.
    This also might mean more then half of the player characters have had an interaction with Jasmine at one point.
    Huh that's kinda neat, I wonder if confirming things like that is random, or if they're preparing us for something......................

Quote Originally Posted by Wishmaker Jirachi View Post
    May I ask the thread: Did anyone notice just how much Vio (dear old Zinzolin) hates the cold. Makes you wonder why he signed up to join New Team Plasma in the conquest of the Unova Region using Kyurem...
    Best part is the use of Ice Pokemon alone, like he has some kinda of fear to overcome. Perhaps he was with Ghetsis when he needed a cane, or perhaps even earlier when he damaged his eye...............

Quote Originally Posted by Zistal View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Wishmaker Jirachi View Post
    May I ask the thread: Did anyone notice just how much Vio (dear old Zinzolin) hates the cold. Makes you wonder why he signed up to join New Team Plasma in the conquest of the Unova Region using Kyurem...
    He strikes me as a masochistic thrill seeker.

Speaking of Zinzolin, did anyone else find it odd that after completing the Abyssal Ruins side quest he referred to the player as an enemy in the present tense...?
    Not at all. Something tells me that the story isn't over, and he has something planned. Using you is a rotten trick in the case, and its possibly why he needed you to go down and get the info, to know what the final plan will be.....

Some NPCs have hilarious lines like that nursy aide saying "hear the cry of my heart!SITDOWN and SHUTUP' they are hillarious in this game aren't they :) abit disturbing sometimes but funny.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Hyperion09 View Post
    TPCi's translation of dialogue in general is painful to read. Feels like it's been dumbed down somehow.
    Amen to that. It also sounds really awkward, with strange sentence structures. You know you suck when a fan translation is superior to the official one.

Still the Unova Champion in my book.

You know, people complain when a translation is inaccurate yet when it is... well, the phrase "Be careful for what you wish for" comes to mind.

Indeed, how exactly are the two translations "different"? How did Treehouse do better? They were clearly cracking in DPPt, with stupid memes snuck in here and there.

Blog Entries

I dunno if its mentioned but I was wondering if Hugh is from Johto. The reason I ask is cause the same exact words he uses for how to treat Pokemon is used by the running guy in Cherrygrove in SS, and I was wondering if that could mean his grandfather is him. Although that would imply the running guy is now dead, but it does hint that B2W2 and BW take some place between 3-8 years after HGSSPt.

Quote Originally Posted by Mitchman View Post
    The reason I ask is cause the same exact words he uses for how to treat Pokemon is used by the running guy in Cherrygrove in SS,
    Could you provide the quotes?

Blog Entries

Something along the line of "And remember,above all treat your Pokemon with the utmost love and respect!" Its one of those lines that sticks, and the way both are said as a reminder to the players are way too coincidental.

Quote Originally Posted by Mitchman View Post
    Something along the line of "And remember,above all treat your Pokemon with the utmost love and respect!" Its one of those lines that sticks, and the way both are said as a reminder to the players are way too coincidental.
    Is that from the end of the game? Bulbapedia has all his quotes up until Victory Road, and I don't see anything about love or respect.

Blog Entries

Oh god I got confused, but yeah its basically how the sister says to take care of your Pokemon really really well. It just reminded me of that when I got to cherrygrove.

Quote Originally Posted by smalllady View Post

So does someone want to define "packing on the pounds" for me? Because I'm just not seeing it.

And no, Elesa did not quit her modelling career in B2W2.
    maybe someone got the wrong idea with her jacket and thought her weight was all in her arms?

Homegirl is mad stylish though, but Marlon or Drayden are my favorite Gym Leaders. Drayden's beard game is insane

Blog Entries
    Follow Ziggy Stardust On Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by The Outrage View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Signas View Post
    Well, we know what Alder's dead partner was now. And I'm happy my theory on it was correct.
    Attachment 79510
    More context on the quote?

Though it wasn't really that hard to figure out...even though Alder's family make Volcarona look like common Caterpie. I wonder why he calls it Larvesta first before correcting himself. Maybe it died very shortly after evolution.

Must suck for his second Volcarona being a replacement.

There's also a bit of inconsistency with the quotes (translated from Japanese text):
    Ghetsis: Oh my, so this is the Champion Alder. You lost a long-time Pokémon partner of yours to illness some years back.

N:You lost a Pokémon to illness years ago, a partner. You wandered Unova searching for something to fill that hole... It's been quite some time since you last earnestly fought, hasn't it? That part of you may despise it, but... As one far, far stronger than the Champion, I shall give Unova an order. An order to all Trainers, to release their Pokémon!
    It's weird Alder calls it Larvesta. I'm wondering if it died shortly after he became Champion?
    Eggs. Actually, Alder's current Volcarona could just be his partner's offspring. Maybe Alder's family is sort of a clan that raises Larvesta/Volcarona. Not unlike Blackthorn's dragon clan.

I think Alder calls his partner Larvesta evocating the start of his journey. I mean, your partner could be Serperior, but you started your journey with a Snivy and that won't change.

It's impossible, said pride. It's risky, said experience. OU suspect, yelled Smogon.

Join Team Aqua, we have hot girls
    I bet you didn't notice the guy behind

Page 94 of 94 FirstFirst ... 4484929394