Character Discussion Thread - Page 85
Page 85 of 94 FirstFirst ... 35758384858687 ... LastLast
Results 1,261 to 1,275 of 1408

Thread: Character Discussion Thread

Default Re: Character Discussion Thread

It seems that Iris was drawn in July 2011, the Shadow Triad in January 2012, Roxie in late February and Colress in early March. The 2012 dates are surprisingly late; I guess that concept art isn't really important for the actual development.

Quote Originally Posted by FairyRed View Post
    Especially in B2W2, where the protagonists looks like they're 10 again, and the wouldn't be much taller than 5'00".
    The animated trailer made them look anything but 10, though. You can also tell from the overworld sprites that they're taller than Iris is.

Quote Originally Posted by Eitarou
    Goddammit, Game Freak. Please prove me wrong!
    I don't see what the big deal is. The concept art is almost as good as official artwork in most cases.
    Last edited by Silktree; 19th July 2012 at 03:32 AM.

Slightly more informative in Iris' case....they actually try to show how she styled her hair.

Stars, Rainbows and Stars Chronos's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I think "Colress" would've looked better without the white coat, IMO.

Add jacobspencer04 on Facebook
    Visit jacobspencer04's Youtube Channel

In Black 2 and White 2 Iris mentions Drayden as being her Grandpa which kind of surprised me.(i though he was her father)

Blog Entries

I get so mad every time I see Anthea or Concordia. So much wasted potential.

Quote Originally Posted by V Faction View Post
    "Harumpf! I do say, THIS counterfeit was more impressive than THAT counterfeit!"

BattleFanatic Eitarou's Avatar Archives StaffBulbapedia Editorial BoardModerator
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by jacobspencer04 View Post
    In Black 2 and White 2 Iris mentions Drayden as being her Grandpa which kind of surprised me.(i though he was her father)
    They aren't related, though. Not by blood, at least.
    Last edited by Eitarou; 19th July 2012 at 01:34 PM.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by CypherFDP View Post
    I get so mad every time I see Anthea or Concordia. So much wasted potential.
    This, so much. Love how they have civilian clothing now, more so that they look like they're going to the market, which is deliberate thanks to them being located in Driftveil. Good to know the guidebooks do indeed have something more, wonder what else is in store...

Quote Originally Posted by Silktree View Post
    The animated trailer made them look anything but 10, though. You can also tell from the overworld sprites that they're taller than Iris is.
    I discount the trailer, it's just so meh. Plus I was talking about the official art. Maybe Mei/Kyouhei aren't 10, but they're surely younger than H/H, who at least LOOK 15-16ish. Maybe 12-13....

And Iris could just be really short, it can happen. One of my managers where I worked is much older than I am, but she's barely 4'10". One of my friends is my age, but only 4'11". My mother stands 5'00". Short people exist, Iris could be one of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Eitarou View Post
    LOOK! Concept art! We get actual artwork for characters who'll probably never get anything more than this.

Goddammit, Game Freak. Please prove me wrong!
    Wow, where did you dig these up? oAo Shoot, I think Colress looks simply handsome without his lab jacket.
    Signature is a WIP for the moment.
    For now, I have claimed: Mewtwo, Member's Card, Wide Lens, Honey Gather, and Psystrike.

Fan of Fire. Master Clyde Super's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Follow Master Clyde Super On Twitter Add Master Clyde Super on Google+
    Visit Master Clyde Super's Youtube Channel

I like the new versions. They make him look... less like a buildings. How did he even walk in that?

Wow, I love seeing concept art so these make me happy! I just wish you can see them better (I think I can barely see another Shizui art, but it's covered by Elesa's page) and I want to see more...because I'm greedy. :P

Oshawott used Baton Pass!
    ~Tumblr~

Registered User Giovanni Sakaki's Avatar

But in the HGSS event, Giovanni says he's going to answer the summons of Neo Team Rocket, meaning the time he spent soul-searching and seeing the error of his ways is reversed. He could have been a decent guy, but instead he wanted to do evil again. Or something like that.
    Actually, I would say that Giovanni's actions in HGSS were more or less consistent with the way he was portrayed in R/B/Y right up to that ONE LINE about disbanding Team Rocket. The sudden change from villain to reformed man seemed far more jarring to me in terms of character development - at least in HGSS, he had three years in a cave to mull over the decision to return to Team Rocket. In R/B/Y (and FR/LG, although they manage to tone it down a bit) he just drops villainy in two seconds flat.

Reviewing the Situation Oliver - YouTube
    Last edited by Giovanni Sakaki; 23rd July 2012 at 04:07 AM.
    It suddenly occurred to Domino that Team Rocket was a massive game of Telephone, using actual telephones, with real-life results that could be really damn scary (for other people, of course).
    Domino sprite in my avatar made by http://jaydeis.deviantart.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Callisto View Post
    I think "Colress" would've looked better without the white coat, IMO.
    Not a bad idea, and I have to agree - that shirt underneath looks awesome. You do have to understand, though; he's a scientist. Colress is pretty much inclined to wear one of them.
    I'm the resident cynic of two forums.
    Pokémon Claim: White Kyurem
    Move Claim: Ice Burn
    Item Claim: DNA Splicers (All related!)

But in the HGSS event, Giovanni says he's going to answer the summons of Neo Team Rocket, meaning the time he spent soul-searching and seeing the error of his ways is reversed. He could have been a decent guy, but instead he wanted to do evil again. Or something like that.
    He never said he was going to reform. He said he was going to train as he couldn't face his minions (whom he believed would never listen to a their leader that just got beaten by a kid) like this after the Gym Match.

When was it insinuated that he was trying to see the error of his ways? I don't believe I remember that.

i have scanned the concept art in more high resolution :) warning: big images!

I don't understand why they placed it like that, with sheets overlapping blocking some images.

I guess Kyouhei's hat is pushing up his hair. He really does look much better without it. No concept art for Ruri and Tetsu, or the PC's in their Pokewood outfits @sunyshore?

Page 85 of 94 FirstFirst ... 35758384858687 ... LastLast