Character Discussion Thread - Page 83

Page 83 of 94 FirstFirst ... 3373818283848593 ... LastLast
Results 1,231 to 1,245 of 1408
Like Tree602Likes

Thread: Character Discussion Thread

Blog Entries

Default Re: Character Discussion Thread

So I'm guessing Banjirou, Ruri, and Tetsu have official artwork?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by MizuTaipu View Post
    So I'm guessing Banjirou, Ruri, and Tetsu have official artwork?
    None that we know of. Banjiro will at least get the last slot on the website if they aren't adding new rows, since its really weird to just create a new row for one character. I'm willing to bet Ruri and Tetsu at least get featured in the game guide given how convoluted it is to get them to trade with you.

Now, if we needed five extra character pages after Banjirou, the possible candidates would be: Rood, Anthea and Concordia, Shadow Triad, Ruri and Tetsu

But that's only four. I doubt Ruri and Tetsu would get separate pages (even though it would be cool to see art for both their regular and work clothes, meaning four images in the page). I guess they can talk about Old Team Plasma and give them a page too, but at this point, I don't really see why they'd do that since they don't have any post-game relevance. Finally, Rood, Anthea and Concordia, and Old Team Plasma are incorporated into N's page, and while the Shadow Triad gets incorporated into the Memory Link page, I can still see some relevance, but not much.

With that said, as much as I'd love to see Ruri and Tetsu art, I doubt we're getting any. Unless its not going to be part of the character pages and gets featured in one of the other pages like Brycen (they didn't give Alder new art and he was featured) where they outline his involvement in Pokewood.

EDIT:

On a slightly related note, Ruri and Tetsu are TV announcers? And the TV dialogue changes when they're waiting for you?
    Last edited by The Outrage; 14th July 2012 at 03:43 PM.

Winged man prefers night Ziggy Stardust's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Signas View Post
    Just took a look at the new artwork, and damn. Ghetsis looks like a credible villain now:

http://cdn.bulbagarden.net/upload/2/27/Black_2_White_2_Ghetsis.png

He no longer looks like a YuGiOh villain who wandered into Pokemon by mistake. Though I wonder if it's intentional that his arm is still never being shown.

Noticeably he has a right arm, but probably he's masturbating it's useless for some reason. I remember BW intro with Ghetsis' right hand being notoriously darker, and some people think it was some shadow effect, but I disagree. I tend to think he had some progressive deterioration, and probably affecting not only his arm, since he looks cripple ingame and his cane is not ornamental.

Somehow reminds me of Dumbledore's necrosated hand in the sixth Harry Potter book.
    The_Doctor and Owain like this.

Me verás volar por la ciudad de la furia...
    - Pokémon games are like boobs; designed for children, but more enjoyed by adults. (Someone on twitter)

Blog Entries

I had a theory that Ghetsis received severe frostbite injuries from a past encounter with Kyurem. But alas, we'll probably never know now.

And now I just realized I'll never get an explanation for that stupid broken bridge near the cave entrance of Giant Chasm. Damn it all.
    Last edited by smalllady; 14th July 2012 at 10:49 PM.
    Ziggy Stardust and The_Doctor like this.

Claims: , , Turboblaze, Fusion Flare ➝ icon/banner ★ pixiv

Blog Entries

I just realized Ghetsis has facial paralysis. That grin is totally unnatural.

I don't think GF will let us with so many unanswered questions forever, but on the other hand, another Gen V game featuring Unova would be too much.

My hopes are put on sixth generation. And the Original Dragon. And the Bug pokémon Genesect is based after.

- Pokémon games are like boobs; designed for children, but more enjoyed by adults. (Someone on twitter)

Blog Entries

The amount of unanswered questions doesn't surprise me. They weren't even planning to continue B/W's plot. It was originally going to be left open-ended...until Iwata demanded that they do something other than third versions in exchange for the games still being on the Nintendo DS. Hence the decline in the plot quality of the sequels.

Blog Entries

Honestly, people assumed that Ghetsis' arm must've been black due to the BW Opening scene, but I doubt it. If you look, the third sage beside Zinzolin and Rood is also darkened out, but that doesn't mean he's charred. I'd say they just did it to hide something, like maybe an incredibly scarred arm for Ghetsis.

Blog Entries

Follow Owain on Tumblr

Completely out of topic, I know, but I, just now, was wondering what the hell was wrong with Colress's hair, like, something beyond of idiot hair, I mean, there must be something, and then I looked at Ghetsis at random, and found another wtf thing about his design, something that bugged me since BW, his red eye-thingie, which we still don't know what that was for.

Then it hit me, Ghetsis's red thingie, and Colress's blue wtfiswrongwithyou hair, and I am now wondering, where those made to contrast with eachother? Red Oni Blue Oni? I have no idea, but am I late to this and everyone has already talked about it? I wouldn't know, haven't been on here for a while...

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Virgo Asmita. View Post
    Completely out of topic, I know, but I, just now, was wondering what the hell was wrong with Colress's hair, like, something beyond of idiot hair, I mean, there must be something, and then I looked at Ghetsis at random, and found another wtf thing about his design, something that bugged me since BW, his red eye-thingie, which we still don't know what that was for.
    Well, if you look at the concept art for Ghetsis, his eye-patch is actually concealing heavy scarring around his right eye. So the eye-patch wasn't just for show.

I guess it's an interesting contrast to Achroma's blue idiot hair. I don't think it was intentional, though. Certainly not notable enough to gain any mentions here, at least. I'm not giving Gamefreak very much credit for well thought-out details, as far as the sequels go.
    Last edited by smalllady; 18th July 2012 at 06:29 PM.
    Owain likes this.

Zeb
    making a splash Zeb's Avatar Deputy Head Administrator
    Blog Entries

Follow Zeb on Tumblr

Quote Originally Posted by smalllady View Post
    If Ghetsis's height of 6'07" is right, then he's as tall as a Tropius and taller than a Garchomp O_O

Ghetsis: the man-giant of the pokemon world.
    Zeb: 0361-6364-1279 | Thunderbolts and Lightningrods!

Blog Entries

I think 6'5 might be more accurate. But still freakishly tall.

Blog Entries

200 centimeters = 6.56167979 feet (6 feet 6 [47⁄64] inches)

Way closer to 6'07" than 6'05".

About Colress/Achroma, his blue hair is so... wrong, I can't find a word to express it, even in my native language. And Spanish (and Latin-American variations) is plenty of slangs
    Owain likes this.

Blog Entries

It's 6'6.7" so its closer to 6'7"
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeb View Post
    If Ghetsis's height of 6'07" is right, then he's as tall as a Tropius and taller than a Garchomp O_O

Ghetsis: the man-giant of the pokemon world.
    I don't know at all why this is surprising. A lot of people in real life are taller than the average height of a lot of these top-tier Pokemon. I think the anime just distorts our views on their height. I mean, no one really thinks Dragonite is an entire foot taller than Garchomp. Salamence, standing on all fours, is shorter than five feet tall.

Blog Entries

Wow. Three months of no school and I totally forget how to read decimals. u_u

Blog Entries

Follow Owain on Tumblr

Quote Originally Posted by Virgo Asmita. View Post
    Well, if you look at the concept art for Ghetsis, his eye-patch is actually concealing heavy scarring around his right eye. So the eye-patch wasn't just for show.

I guess it's an interesting contrast to Achroma's blue idiot hair. I don't think it was intentional, though. Certainly not notable enough to gain any mentions here, at least. I'm not giving Gamefreak very much credit for well thought-out details, as far as the sequels go.

I should be a little more observant for my own good, never noticed the scars, altough, since I support your theory on Ghetsis meeting with Kyurem before, just read it btw, the scars make it seem even more possible, seems very like ly to me.

...And yes, it's probably not on purpose, but I still can add it to my own headcanon, but I won't complain if GF ''ruins'' it, like so many people seem to do.

Page 83 of 94 FirstFirst ... 3373818283848593 ... LastLast