Character Discussion Thread - Page 82

Page 82 of 94 FirstFirst ... 3272808182838492 ... LastLast
Results 1,216 to 1,230 of 1408
Like Tree602Likes

Thread: Character Discussion Thread

Default Re: Character Discussion Thread

So did N have 2 Klinks? We can catch the one he released, but in BW he has a Klinklang in the final battle, doesn't he?
    Signature is a WIP for the moment.
    For now, I have claimed: Mewtwo, Member's Card, Wide Lens, Honey Gather, and Psystrike.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by FairyRed View Post
    So did N have 2 Klinks? We can catch the one he released, but in BW he has a Klinklang in the final battle, doesn't he?
    Well, it seems as though he had two, but we don't catch any of his Fifth Battle Pokemon (other than the dragon). It's entirely possible these ones may have been Pokemon that Team Plasma liberated given that you can't catch fossils in the wild.

I ain't bitter

Man, N's weather teams are awesome! I wish we had more trainers like him!

Blog Entries

Someone needs to tell me where such high resolution Iris artwork came from.

The dress looks much better here than in her sprite, which made it seem over-sized.

EDIT: http://www.pokemon.co.jp/ex/b2w2/characters/character12.html

The website updated. Looks like Ghetsis lost an arm or something.
    The_Doctor likes this.

Blog Entries

The official website, which has been updated. I think that Banjiro will be given artwork next month, but there aren't any other notable characters with new designs, are there? Technically, the Shadow Triad deserve new artwork due to not having any to begin with. But I wouldn't be surprised if they were ignored again like Athena and Concordia, who actually have new sprites and aren't replicas of each other.
    Last edited by Silktree; 14th July 2012 at 02:17 AM.
    RudolphMilotic likes this.

Blog Entries

Just took a look at the new artwork, and damn. Ghetsis looks like a credible villain now:

http://cdn.bulbagarden.net/upload/2/27/Black_2_White_2_Ghetsis.png

He no longer looks like a YuGiOh villain who wandered into Pokemon by mistake. Though I wonder if it's intentional that his arm is still never being shown.

Still the Unova Champion in my book.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Silktree View Post
    The official website, which has been updated. I think that Banjiro and the Shadow Triad will be given artwork next month, but there aren't any other notable characters with new designs, are there?
    I hope they get new artwork, but it seems weird to just have a random row with one character in it, but yeah, there aren't any notable post-game characters. If there's anyone else notable, I'd say Rood given that he's basically the head of the other Team Plasma now. And if Game Freak wants to be nice and finish up our Team Plasma family, Anthea and Concordia since they got updated sprites. Though, I'd think the unnamed old-Plasma grunt who helps you would be more deserving of an original design than those two.

Though, I'm not too excited about the Shadow Triad since their debut in the animated trailer.
    Quote Originally Posted by Signas View Post
    Just took a look at the new artwork, and damn. Ghetsis looks like a credible villain now:

http://cdn.bulbagarden.net/upload/2/27/Black_2_White_2_Ghetsis.png

He no longer looks like a YuGiOh villain who wandered into Pokemon by mistake. Though I wonder if it's intentional that his arm is still never being shown.
    He certainly looks scrawnier than I'd assume.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by The Outrage View Post
    I hope they get new artwork, but it seems weird to just have a random row with one character in it, but yeah, there aren't any notable post-game characters. If there's anyone else notable, I'd say Rood given that he's basically the head of the other Team Plasma now. And if Game Freak wants to be nice, Anthea and Concordia since they got updated sprites.
    Anthea, Concordia and Rood probably won't get that treatment since they already appear as sprites on N's page. Not only are the Shadow Triad unlikely for the reasons you and I listed, but they also appear in sprite form on this page.

Blog Entries

He certainly looks scrawnier than I'd assume.
    I thought the same, but I suppose I was so used to seeing him in that bulky robe, I just sort of associated him with being large.

EDIT: Though I do like the idea of him being scrawny. Makes him seem like his madness at being defeated since last time has taken a toll on his health or something.
    The_Doctor likes this.

Still the Unova Champion in my book.

Blog Entries

Indeed, he does look scrawny. I guess we'll never know the story behind his left arm (and eye), or why his arm was shown as being completely black in B/W's opening.

Claims: , , Turboblaze, Fusion Flare ➝ icon/banner ★ pixiv

Follow GrimmDark On Twitter

Cherin Sucks

Simpler times ahead
    Blog Entries

Love how the site went spoiler crazy. But yeah, scrawny Ghetsis is strange, to say the least. Also has the hair tied back it seems, and that eyepatch is pure evil now. Looks like he's ready to crumble though, far to frail. Iris having heels is lol worthy, I get she's supposed to be some sort of queen, but heels are too much.

I love the new artwork for Iris. So cute! Though I wonder why Drayden chose this particular dress for her... /guttermind

Ghetsis, on the other hand...yeesh, I thought his new robes would look cooler than his previous ones. But yeeep, those eyes. o_o; Too creepy, eech... And he's supposed to be that scrawny? Shoot, that's not healthy for a man 6'05". And I like that it looks like he lost his arm. I hope Kyurem bit it off.
    Signature is a WIP for the moment.
    For now, I have claimed: Mewtwo, Member's Card, Wide Lens, Honey Gather, and Psystrike.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Silktree View Post
    Anthea, Concordia and Rood probably won't get that treatment since they already appear as sprites on N's page. Not only are the Shadow Triad unlikely for the reasons you and I listed, but they also appear in sprite form on this page.
    That's unfortunate. I guess the only reveal left is Banjiro.

At least the Shadow Triad got nicer artwork from the animated trailer. I'd like to think that Character chapter in the extended game guide would have art of them though...

Blog Entries

I'd like to think that Character chapter in the extended game guide would have art of them though...
    That's certainly possible. It will probably look like this.

I have zero expectations from the guide, though. It could easily fill in some of the blanks (thereby making the actual games look bad), but I doubt that the right things will be addressed.

Page 82 of 94 FirstFirst ... 3272808182838492 ... LastLast