Character Discussion Thread - Page 80
Page 80 of 94 FirstFirst ... 3070787980818290 ... LastLast
Results 1,186 to 1,200 of 1408

Thread: Character Discussion Thread

BattleFanatic Eitarou's Avatar Archives StaffBulbapedia Editorial BoardModerator
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Character Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by smalllady View Post
    So why do they not want you to see them in their work clothes?

I still don't understand who these people are.
    Because said work clothes look completely idiotic?

Seriously, the idol gigs is one of the stupidest things I have ever seen. Their hair is ridiculous, their clothes are dumb. God....

消え人
    Trophies
    Blog Entries

I assume they're embarrassed.

There's not exactly much actually said. They say they're always going off to faraway regions such as Kanto (likes the Clefairy), Johto (likes the history), Hoenn (likes the different towns) and Sinnoh (likes the Great Marsh), they're always busy with their job, and they have Pokemon around them. But mostly they just say random things like asking if you've been to the Battle Institute.

In glorious technicolor The Outrage's Avatar
    Blog Entries

So they're celebrity idols? I guess that kind of explains the headphones...kind of. I thought they may have been announcers.

I love how the only thing worth noting about Kanto is the Clefairy :P

I'm really thinking these characters may be the reason there's a chapter on characters in the post-game guidebooks. Complicated trade sequence and really confusing background....
    Last edited by The Outrage; 3rd July 2012 at 01:51 AM.

Translation of some of Marlon's line, originally posted by myriada on serebii forums:

LOL, I love this guy.

Blog Entries

So I'm assuming he's Truly Neutral in the alignment department, doing what he feels he wants to do. Makes no sense considering how leaders were built in BW to serve a greater purpose in the grand scheme of things, and now they put them back into second seat checkpoints for game progress. Gamefreak give us better character development this time round, but completely screws up in the general world building.

Blog Entries

Going by the lines we're already given in the English website, I'd say that's a pretty good translation of how he's going to talk. Probably a better translation though.....

Quote Originally Posted by Mitchman View Post
    So I'm assuming he's Truly Neutral in the alignment department, doing what he feels he wants to do. Makes no sense considering how leaders were built in BW to serve a greater purpose in the grand scheme of things, and now they put them back into second seat checkpoints for game progress. Gamefreak give us better character development this time round, but completely screws up in the general world building.
    You know what's really amazing though, Marlon manages to come off kind of stupid in these lines (hence the whole "his philosophical thinking gets hidden away by his lifestyle" description they gave), yet they managed to create a real true neutral character rather than making him stupid neutral. You've got to hand it to Game Freak there, being able to create a character who doesn't judge others based on what he is told of them.

$10 says that people on TVTropes call him stupid neutral since they clearly don't even read their own trope pages when applying examples.

EDIT:
    Technically, doesn't Corless count as True Neutral as well? He only researched for Team Plasma purely for his own interest in finding out how to unleash a Pokémon's true potential regardless of what happens to Unova, and then tells the player how to find Ghetsis "because he really doesn't like him to begin with" and because the player opened his eyes to an alternate way of unleashing a Pokemon's potential.
    Last edited by The Outrage; 3rd July 2012 at 10:15 AM.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by The Outrage View Post
    Going by the lines we're already given in the English website, I'd say that's a pretty good translation of how he's going to talk. Probably a better translation though.....

Quote Originally Posted by Mitchman View Post
    You know what's really amazing though, Marlon manages to come off kind of stupid in these lines (hence the whole "his philosophical thinking gets hidden away by his lifestyle" description they gave), yet they managed to create a real true neutral character rather than making him stupid neutral. You've got to hand it to Game Freak there, being able to create a character who doesn't judge others based on what he is told of them.

$10 says that people on TVTropes call him stupid neutral since they clearly don't even read their own trope pages when applying examples.

EDIT:
    Technically, doesn't Corless count as True Neutral as well? He only researched for Team Plasma purely for his own interest in finding out how to unleash a Pokémon's true potential regardless of what happens to Unova, and then tells the player how to find Ghetsis "because he really doesn't like him to begin with" and because the player opened his eyes to an alternate way of unleashing a Pokemon's potential.
    Oh yeah GF definitely does get an award in that department, they're handing out character depth like candy, and its becoming a wonderful thing to behold. Gen 6 is gonna deliver in that department. As for Achroma, Chaotic Neutral is more fitting for him. He does things for himself, and couldn't give a damn for anyone else. Hell, the easydamus page example is pretty spot on with him:
    The Alignment System - Chaotic Neutral
    Once he saw someone kick his and then some, he skipped town, disbanded Plasma and found his own little world to escape to.

So I guess that's the part where he gives "passionate advice". Huh.

Oshawott used Baton Pass!
    ~Tumblr~

Quote Originally Posted by Garulu View Post
    Translation of some of Marlon's line, originally posted by myriada on serebii forums:

LOL, I love this guy.
    For some reason, I kept hearing those lines in dub!Meowth's voice in my head. ._.; Must be all those "dats". Is that how you translate a Kyushu accent?

I think it would be hard to find an english analogue for the various Japanese dialects, so they might have to make do with something else. This one anime I saw gave a person from Osaka a southern accent. o_0

Do you think Corocoro goofed with Shizui? It mentioned him as "helping the player" or something, along with "bighearted" and "giving passionate advice". It made me think he was going to be like Alder and meet the PC a few times through out the game. The latter two I could sort of see in the actual game dialogue. (my sig might be a liiiiiiiie baaaaaw)

I still like the dude a lot, but I'm a bit disappointed in what I had hoped him to be (and had a very good reason for leaving them at the frigate).

Oshawott used Baton Pass!
    ~Tumblr~

Onduru ruragittan disukaa Garren's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I don't know Marlon, pretty sure when someone's goal literally involves freezing an entire region, there's no gray-area. :/
    Yu-Gi-Oh!
    Duel Monsters Sengoku!

An original Yu-Gi-Oh Fanfic! Join Yuto Masamune and his Imperial Monster Patch-Eye Dragon as they take on Sengoku Academy!

Current Chapter -Turn 2: One-Eyed Duelist, One-Eyed Dragon! Impress Summon, [Patch-Eye Dragon]!

Yuto continues his Duel against Shisa, a delinquent who calls himself a "Chain Duelist!". Just then, as Shisa's strong offense and defense overwhelms Yuto, a new type of summon occurs!

Quote Originally Posted by Quattro ~ Bajeena View Post
    I don't know Marlon, pretty sure when someone's goal literally involves freezing an entire region, there's no gray-area. :/
    Freeze the sea and maybe he's start considering helping.

"You can freeze my region, steal other's Pokemon and do all sorts of evil deeds. But freezing the sea... IT'S ON LIKE DONKEY KONG!

Marlon isn't really obligated to care about what happens or not with Unova. Maybe the deaths of a lot of people and Pokémon does not bother him.

Blog Entries

We can see from the official English site that they're basically giving Marlon a laid-back way of speaking.

As for why he's not helping, his philosophy is to not judge others based on what people say about them. Sure, you say Team Plasma is evil, but he has no first hand experience with either Plasma or the Player Character....a person could easily just say someone's evil to turn them against you. I think that's the main point.

Blog Entries

Follow Owain on Tumblr

Quote Originally Posted by Garulu View Post
    Marlon isn't really obligated to care about what happens or not with Unova. Maybe the deaths of a lot of people and Pokémon does not bother him.
    Well, I actually do think he cares, but at the point he says the line, I'm pretty sure he himself hasn't seen Plasma doing anything, so, once again it proves his personality in not judging people before seeing with his own eyes, like others have said.

Page 80 of 94 FirstFirst ... 3070787980818290 ... LastLast