Character Discussion Thread - Page 71
Page 71 of 94 FirstFirst ... 2161697071727381 ... LastLast
Results 1,051 to 1,065 of 1408

Thread: Character Discussion Thread

  1. #1051
    In glorious technicolor The Outrage's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    12,929
    Blog Entries
    1023

    Default Re: Character Discussion Thread

    More interesting stuff regarding Ghetsis' fate (and a bit of Shadow Triad and N thrown in) if anyone's interested (thanks to bluesun for the translation)



    Unrelated to the above, by using Memory Link, you get to battle Cheren and Bianca using the team they had in BW from your game.
    Last edited by The Outrage; 25th June 2012 at 07:07 PM.

  2. #1052

    Default Re: Character Discussion Thread

    Ah, N. :) Sometimes you're too kind for your own good.

  3. #1053
    Onduru ruragittan disukaa Garren's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    5,139
    Blog Entries
    401

    Default Re: Character Discussion Thread

    Man, have you seen Ghetsis' battle sprite? He literally freaks out and shoves his cane right down into the ground so hard it gets stuck.

  4. #1054

    Default Re: Character Discussion Thread

    Yeah, how Ghetsis ends up here isn't really sequel bait in the same way it was in BW. The two sets of player characters and N have driven him utterly crazy; he rants and raves to the extent that the Shadow Triad has to actually remove him from the situation, and he loses the will to continue. Certainly the Shadow Triad's actions and words in the postgame suggest that Ghetsis is in a funk that he simply is not going to come back from again.

  5. #1055
    In glorious technicolor The Outrage's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    12,929
    Blog Entries
    1023

    Default Re: Character Discussion Thread

    You never know, Giovanni got better. Though I doubt if he got better that he'd still be up to no good.

  6. #1056
    The Coolest! jokool's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Here.
    Posts
    2,113
    Blog Entries
    88

    Default Re: Character Discussion Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by matt0044 View Post
    And on the bright side for me and others, it's perfect fanfic fuel.
    Especially for FerrisWheelShippers...

    Speaking of FerrisWheelShipping, has there been any other mention of Hilda/Touko (or Hilbert) in BW2?

    Though with these loose ends, I can't help but feel that GF wants to possibly return to Unova. Pokemon Black & White Episode VI: Return of the Trainer.

    Quote Originally Posted by The Outrage View Post
    What's interesting to note, however, is that N does not harbor any resentment to Ghetsis for what he did. He still wants to persuade him to take the side of good, and calls him his father even as Ghetsis is calling him a "monster who speaks to Pokemon" and to "not speak to him in human speech"
    Holy crap! That makes BW2 sound like "Pokemon Black & White Episode VI: Return of the Trainer" right there!

  7. #1057
    真実の英雄 smalllady's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Gender
    Female
    Location
    Nuvema Town
    Posts
    1,386
    Blog Entries
    4

    Default Re: Character Discussion Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by jokool View Post
    Speaking of FerrisWheelShipping, has there been any other mention of Hilda/Touko (or Hilbert) in BW2?
    I think N mentions them a couple times, although not by name. But in one of the Memory Link events, he will refer to them by whatever you named them in B/W.

    And then of course Hilbert/Hilda's Mom will mention that they've gone looking for N.

    Claims: , , Turboblaze, Fusion Flare ➝ icon/banner ★ pixiv

  8. #1058
    The Coolest! jokool's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Here.
    Posts
    2,113
    Blog Entries
    88

    Default Re: Character Discussion Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by smalllady View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by jokool View Post
    Speaking of FerrisWheelShipping, has there been any other mention of Hilda/Touko (or Hilbert) in BW2?
    I think N mentions them a couple times, although not by name. But in one of the Memory Link events, he will refer to them by whatever you named them in B/W.

    And then of course Hilbert/Hilda's Mom will mention that they've gone looking for N.
    That's disappointing. There was, in my opinion, way more potential for both of them in BW2 (like champion for example).

  9. #1059
    真実の英雄 smalllady's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Gender
    Female
    Location
    Nuvema Town
    Posts
    1,386
    Blog Entries
    4

    Default Re: Character Discussion Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by jokool View Post
    That's disappointing. There was, in my opinion, way more potential for both of them in BW2 (like champion for example).
    Yes, the games were vastly disappointing on this front.

    Claims: , , Turboblaze, Fusion Flare ➝ icon/banner ★ pixiv

  10. #1060
    Not even my final form GreatLiver's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Straight Outta Africa
    Posts
    3,199

    Default Re: Character Discussion Thread

    I have to say I'm disappointed in the Striatron triplets not being revealed to be the shadow triad. No identities were revealed, so I'm still hoping that still has a chance of being true.

  11. #1061

    Default Re: Character Discussion Thread

    Well, if they're ninjas, they can use illusions and clones and the like. While the 3 of them are off doing ninja stuffs, they have a clone back at the gym doing stuff. Or am I watching too much Naruto?

    I evolved the theory in my head for the Shadow Triad. I now think that they're related to the waiter trio, either their brothers or their fathers or something.

  12. #1062
    In glorious technicolor The Outrage's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    12,929
    Blog Entries
    1023

    Default Re: Character Discussion Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by FairyRed View Post
    Well, if they're ninjas, they can use illusions and clones and the like. While the 3 of them are off doing ninja stuffs, they have a clone back at the gym doing stuff. Or am I watching too much Naruto?
    Too much Naruto. I doubt they're based on Naruto ninjas.
    Quote Originally Posted by FairyRed View Post
    I evolved the theory in my head for the Shadow Triad. I now think that they're related to the waiter trio, either their brothers or their fathers or something.
    While I don't think there's any relation, I did find the thought funny that the Striaton triplets and Shadow Triad may have actually been sextuplets composed of three sets of twins, and their parents not wanting six children discarded the "extras"

  13. #1063

    Default Re: Character Discussion Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by The Outrage View Post
    Too much Naruto. I doubt they're based on Naruto ninjas.
    Haha probably. 8D; Oh well...

    Quote Originally Posted by The Outrage View Post
    While I don't think there's any relation, I did find the thought funny that the Striaton triplets and Shadow Triad may have actually been sextuplets composed of three sets of twins, and their parents not wanting six children discarded the "extras".
    Ooh, that's kinda harsh. D: But if that were indeed the case, then that would explain why the Shadow Triad are so loyal to Ghetsis, if he found them after they were abandoned.

  14. #1064
    In glorious technicolor The Outrage's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    12,929
    Blog Entries
    1023

    Default Re: Character Discussion Thread

    Striaton Brother's Memory Link

    Confirmation they aren't the Shadow Triad, as well as why they stopped being gym leaders.

    Lenora's Memory Link

    We get more of an expansion on how her dad contributed to her interest in fossil research, as well as why she stopped being a gym leader. Also, Clay. Always thinking about money.

  15. #1065

    Default Re: Character Discussion Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by The Outrage View Post
    Striaton Brother's Memory Link

    Confirmation they aren't the Shadow Triad, as well as why they stopped being gym leaders.
    Too bad. Then again, maybe they are sextuplets as Fairy Red said and the Triad's keeping a secret. Hmmmm... Nah, that's just stretching it. It was just a fan rumor anyways but it was fun while it lasted. Now I hope Gen six explains the Ninjas like in the next region, there's a secret Ninja clan. Oh well.

    As for Hilbert/Hilda not appearing, I can see why GF was reluctant want previous PCs appearing and TALKING when they didn't before since they were meant to be your avatar in the Pokemon world. Same problem happened to Red. Still, they could've tried and used the events of BW to determine the PC's personality.

Page 71 of 94 FirstFirst ... 2161697071727381 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •