Character Discussion Thread - Page 70
Page 70 of 94 FirstFirst ... 2060686970717280 ... LastLast
Results 1,036 to 1,050 of 1408

Thread: Character Discussion Thread

Blog Entries

Default Re: Character Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by The Outrage View Post
    I get that Alder retired, but I don't get why he has to have weaker Pokemon than he used to
    Perhaps he's out of practice, since he no longer has to battle everyone?

Still the Unova Champion in my book.

via Serebii
    So, strange thing. I'm sorting through a trainer database my friend Alpha gave me so I can sort out some pages and while Gym Leaders have no rematches, they each have a team with an extra Pokémon, but the same levels. (Skyla has Sigilyph, Drayden has Altaria etc) Could be for Doubles in the World Tournament. Will check it out but not entirely sure
    Confirmed no gym leader rematches, and that the Unova World tournament setting will only be using their original three, rather than giving them a full team of six that alternates :/

At the very least, they get an extra Pokemon that may be for Double Battle mode.

I'd say the Striaton Triplets got the better end of this deal by leaving the league. They each got two new Pokemon.

EDIT: So interesting character development (hope @bluesun; and @Silktree; don't mind me looking at their convo regarding the in-game dialogue :P)

More on Hue's backstory

Drayden's backstory (kind of)

Zinzolin being emo

Stuff about N
    Last edited by The Outrage; 24th June 2012 at 03:30 PM.

Pokémon Black 2 & Pokémon White 2 - Strong Trainers

I get that Alder retired, but I don't get why he has to have weaker Pokemon than he used to...even weaker than Cynthia's. Speaking of which, I see Cynthia brought back her Togekiss and ditched Braviary, but then ditched Eelektross for a Glaceon?
    I agree. Alder's levels should be at least as high as they were in BW. If Eelektross had to be replaced, they should've just brought back her Roserade.
    My Current (and tentative) Planned Main Team for my Alpha Sapphire League Challenge:

Alder might have some lower-leveled Pokemon on hand. Since he's retired, he doesn't really need his strongest Pokemon around. Maybe he's using the lower-leveled ones so they could get "more experience"? Who knows.

Oshawott used Baton Pass!
    ~Tumblr~Twitter~

Maybe the Genesect event will show closure for Ghetsis. He uses it as a last resort but it fails and he's arrested to rot in jail. It IS a creation of Team Plasma.

Blog Entries

I thought that, too. But apparently the Genesect event remains unchanged from B/W, with the same nameless scientist in the P2 Laboratory.

I'm not sure why Ghetsis is so pissed about having his plans ruined in B/W. If he were a smart man, the events in B/W would've just been him setting the stage for B2/W2. Without Zekrom and Reshiram, there's no way he'd be able to take control of Kyurem. I'm guessing he needed Zekrom and Reshiram as bargaining chips, if my theory about him encountering Kyurem long before he found N is correct. Could just be Villian Decay, though.
    Last edited by smalllady; 24th June 2012 at 06:20 PM.

Claims: , , Turboblaze, Fusion Flare ➝ icon/banner ★ pixiv

Quote Originally Posted by smalllady View Post
    I thought that, too. But apparently the Genesect event remains unchanged from B/W, with the same nameless scientist in the P2 Laboratory.
    Strange coincident if that's true. Was the events meant for BW too?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by matt0044 View Post
    Strange coincident if that's true. Was the events meant for BW too?
    The event was in B/W's coding, and could be accessed with a hacked Genesect. I'm pretty sure there's videos of it on Youtube. I'm not sure why, though, since they probably didn't plan on having the Genesect event so early.

Claims: , , Turboblaze, Fusion Flare ➝ icon/banner ★ pixiv

Blog Entries

I really like Drayden's backstory, and the confirmation that Kyurem really is just the "shell" left over from the Original Dragon. I wonder just how far back does Drayden's family go?

At least now I can see why he wasn't made the Champion like Iris was, GF had a different role in mind that suited him more.

N set by smalllady
    Ideals/Truth

Not even my final form GreatLiver's Avatar

So do Japanese people know what a tan is? Because looking at Shizui really sorta makes me doubt that.

Quote Originally Posted by GreatLover View Post
    So do Japanese people know what a tan is? Because looking at Shizui really sorta makes me doubt that.
    A lot of fanart I see seems to favour bad tan lines for some reason. I don't get Shizui's tan lines though....those parts of his skin are exposed yet they're so white.

Anyone notice how Cheren is blushing in his art? You can also see drops of sweat on his face in his VS. Sprite. I guess Cheren's nervous about being a teacher? Maybe he's still new to this. Or maybe its that he's a teacher, but the trainers he's battling are so close to his age it makes it so awkward to hold a position of authority over them.

I guess Cheren's nervous about being a teacher? Maybe he's still new to this. Or maybe its that he's a teacher, but the trainers he's battling are so close to his age it makes it so awkward to hold a position of authority over them.
    You are the first challenger he battles in the Gym, at the start of the game you have to wait for him to actually open the Gym.

Quote Originally Posted by bluesun View Post
    I guess Cheren's nervous about being a teacher? Maybe he's still new to this. Or maybe its that he's a teacher, but the trainers he's battling are so close to his age it makes it so awkward to hold a position of authority over them.
    You are the first challenger he battles in the Gym, at the start of the game you have to wait for him to actually open the Gym.
    Plot holes aside, at least the characters are a bit more interesting. So is his gym doubling as a trainer school as well? Or did the school predate the gym before Cheren became the leader? I recall reading that he and Bianca haven't seen each other in two years, so its weird that he's just starting.

Quote Originally Posted by bluesun View Post
    Plot holes aside, at least the characters are a bit more interesting. So is his gym doubling as a trainer school as well?
    Yes, the actual building is a trainer school, with desks and so on, and you go out into a battlefield behind it to battle.

I think I'll reserve my opinion once the games come to America, are officially translated and I can be properly immersed in the games to give out my proper thoughts. Reading about a game is different from playing it AND understanding the words.

Also, this isn't the first time a Pokemon game lacked explanations for certain things or the backstories of certain characters. Personalities, yes but backstories, not so much and it's nothing new. And on the bright side for me and others, it's perfect fanfic fuel. So yeah, I'm not too disappointed. Slightly but not really. Though with these loose ends, I can't help but feel that GF wants to possibly return to Unova. Pokemon Black & White Episode VI: Return of the Trainer.
    Last edited by matt0044; 25th June 2012 at 06:40 AM.

Page 70 of 94 FirstFirst ... 2060686970717280 ... LastLast