Page 69 of 94 FirstFirst ... 1959676869707179 ... LastLast
Results 1,021 to 1,035 of 1408
Like Tree602Likes

Thread: Character Discussion Thread

Blog Entries

Default Re: Character Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by bluesun View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Quattro ~ Bajeena View Post
    Once you cross the bridge in Chargestone Cave, you hear an off-screen voice saying that it’s perfect that this cave is full of electricity and that it’s the perfect place for him. Now he has to stop something to save himself and his friends.
    Who is this supposed to be? PokeBeach never follows up on this.
    N. He's the only one who uses the particular phrasing for 'friends'.
    So is N secretly following the player character or something? Or did he just happen to be in Chargestone Cave at that point?

Claims: , , Turboblaze, Fusion Flare ➝ icon/banner ★ pixiv

Onduru ruragittan disukaa Garren's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I still find it hilarious how you end up getting N's common Pokemon as well, as opposed to the Event-only Zorua.

I mean, why the fuck would I want his Pidove?

Blog Entries

I'm just wondering if Zekrom/Reshiram still says its OT is N, or if it recognizes you as its OT.

I mean, think about it. None of these wild Pokemon were officially captured, yet they recognize N as their original trainer.

EDIT: Pokebeach's storytelling makes Shizui look like a dick -_-

After you exit, you see Team Plasma’s ship. Your Rival is there and wonders how you guys can get on it, the screen goes black, and then a bridge pops up out of nowhere and Shizui is standing next to it. Your Rival asks if Shizui has any attention of fighting Team Plasma and he says nope and then leaves.
    Last edited by The Outrage; 23rd June 2012 at 11:41 PM.

TV Tropes is claiming that it's confirmed that H/H will appear after all. Is that true, or just some rumor? D8; I'm clinging to the hope it's just a wishful-thinking rumor, because I can't see how they can appear in the story.
    Signature is a WIP for the moment.
    For now, I have claimed: Mewtwo, Member's Card, Wide Lens, Honey Gather, and Psystrike.

Quote Originally Posted by Quattro ~ Bajeena View Post
    Achroma having Rotom interests me...

Guess we'll find out in a few weeks if he'll be connected to Genesect though since apparently they're doing...something with it in CoroCoro?
    A few weeks? We'll probably find out as soon as someone bothers hacking in a fateful encounter Genesect and does its event.

Speaking of next month's Corocoro, hopefully we'll get some official art for Ghetsis, the Shadow Triad, and other current and former Plasma members.

Blog Entries

So I'm guessing Ghetsis + Shadow Triad just vanish again? Seriously? Are we ever going to get closure with this guy?

At least Giovanni seemed to catch a hint that maybe organized crime doesn't have the best retirement plan. But this is just ridiculous. The guy manages to get off scot-free twice.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by smalllady View Post
    So I'm guessing Ghetsis + Shadow Triad just vanish again? Seriously? Are we ever going to get closure with this guy?

At least Giovanni seemed to catch a hint that maybe organized crime doesn't have the best retirement plan. But this is just ridiculous. The guy manages to get off scot-free twice.
    BW3? Gen 6? They never said that this was the conclusion.

Plus, maybe he gets away but has absolutely nothing to fall back on (at least, I'd like to imagine that). He failed to get Zekrom/Reshiram and Kyurem and exhausted his resources on Team Plasma. Hopefully, his translated speech is along the lines of "F**k this, I give up" and he rage quits.

Blog Entries

The Shadow Triad at least seemed like they gave up, and Game Freak derailed Giovanni's character development so yeah.....

He begins to reminisce and cryptically thanks a Zorua he encountered “that one time.”
    So I'm wondering what this is about. Is this the Zorua in his youth? I assumed that was the Zoroark who was protecting his castle. Is it the Zorua that's given to you?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by matt0044 View Post

Plus, maybe he gets away but has absolutely nothing to fall back on (at least, I'd like to imagine that). He failed to get Zekrom/Reshiram and Kyurem and exhausted his resources on Team Plasma. Hopefully, his translated speech is along the lines of "F**k this, I give up" and he rage quits.
    They really shouldn't drag this out, especially not with a BW3. I don't think anyone would react well to a third game.

Even though we didn't really get any closure, I'd rather not see him again in Gen VI. What's done is done, I guess.
    Silktree and Giovanni Sakaki like this.

Blog Entries

They really shouldn't drag this out, especially not with a BW3. I don't think anyone would react well to a third game.

Even though we didn't really get any closure, I'd rather not see him again in Gen VI. What's done is done, I guess.
    Yeah, let's hope that at least Ghetsis has little resources for a third Team Plasma and is dirt poor. So long as he can't do (major) harm anymore since the police are likely onto him and he wouldn't be foolish to show himself again. And with his ego bruised twice in a row by kids, I'm sure even third time wouldn't be a charm for him. Maybe a future game will show him laying low.

And how was Giovanni's development derailed exactly?

In FRLG, Giovanni says Team Rocket is disbanded for good, implying he won't do bad things again.

"Having lost in this fashion, I can't face my followers. I have betrayed their trust. As of today, Team Rocket is finished forever! As for myself, I shall dedicate my life to training again. Let us meet again someday! Farewell!"

But in the HGSS event, Giovanni says he's going to answer the summons of Neo Team Rocket, meaning the time he spent soul-searching and seeing the error of his ways is reversed. He could have been a decent guy, but instead he wanted to do evil again. Or something like that.
    Signature is a WIP for the moment.
    For now, I have claimed: Mewtwo, Member's Card, Wide Lens, Honey Gather, and Psystrike.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by FairyRed View Post
    In FRLG, Giovanni says Team Rocket is disbanded for good, implying he won't do bad things again.

"Having lost in this fashion, I can't face my followers. I have betrayed their trust. As of today, Team Rocket is finished forever! As for myself, I shall dedicate my life to training again. Let us meet again someday! Farewell!"

But in the HGSS event, Giovanni says he's going to answer the summons of Neo Team Rocket, meaning the time he spent soul-searching and seeing the error of his ways is reversed. He could have been a decent guy, but instead he wanted to do evil again. Or something like that.
    I suppose hearing that his followers were still loyal to him got him inspired to lead them once more but when you defeat him and the TR executives, he sees that it's not worth it again. It seemed to me that he wasn't going to see the error of his ways but his disgraceful defeat at the hands of Red/Leaf devastated him and he thought that his minions would never follow the orders of a boss who lost to a kid so he left. But the radio broadcast made him think, "Seems I underestimated their loyalty for me."

Makes sense to me at least.

Blog Entries

Pokémon Black 2 & Pokémon White 2 - Strong Trainers

I get that Alder retired, but I don't get why he has to have weaker Pokemon than he used to...even weaker than Cynthia's. Speaking of which, I see Cynthia brought back her Togekiss and ditched Braviary, but then ditched Eelektross for a Glaceon?
    Last edited by The Outrage; 24th June 2012 at 12:49 PM.
    Signas and The_Doctor like this.

Onduru ruragittan disukaa Garren's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Huh, Serebii confirmed Shiny Gible in Black...will Banjirou possibly give a Shiny Dratini in White since he has Dragonite over Garchomp in that version?
    The_Doctor likes this.

Blog Entries

I'd be upset if I didn't already have Shiny Dragonite.

But yeah, we get the harder battle for a worse prize. Game Freak should have just standardized it with a Shiny Larvesta.

Page 69 of 94 FirstFirst ... 1959676869707179 ... LastLast