Character Discussion Thread - Page 68

Page 68 of 94 FirstFirst ... 1858666768697078 ... LastLast
Results 1,006 to 1,020 of 1408
Like Tree602Likes

Thread: Character Discussion Thread

Blog Entries

Default Re: Character Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by matt0044 View Post
    So N was a wild boy who lived in the Pinwheel Forest and Ghetsis took him in.
    He was found in a forest, but the exact location isn't specified. So we can't be sure if it was Pinwheel Forest or not.

I'm starting to wonder if Hilbert/Hilda's search for N wasn't completely in vain. I know that their Mom only says that they left Unova to search for N, so it's obvious that she wouldn't know anything beyond that. I think there's still a possibility that Hilbert/Hilda did meet up with N again at some point before he returned to Unova.
    Last edited by smalllady; 23rd June 2012 at 02:05 PM.

Claims: , , Turboblaze, Fusion Flare ➝ icon/banner ★ pixiv

Blog Entries

The Spriters Resource

So there's a shiny OW Haxorus sprite... I wonder if it's used and if somebody owns it. Also, no sign of OW sprites of the BW protagonists at all, so it really seems they are absolutely nowhere to be found. Really quite a shame.
    Last edited by Ivysaur; 23rd June 2012 at 02:17 PM.
    3DS FC: 1203-9389-8130

Blog Entries

It's highly unlikely, but they could be hiding the good stuff (like anything involving Hilbert/Hilda) in DLC.

Blog Entries

You have to sit here wondering why some of the characters' older Overworld Sprites are there, like Cheren's, Concordia, and Anthea, Iris'...

Yes, Iris technically appears in a flashback as well, but those are done in sepia-tone. What's with the non-sepia old sprites? Perhaps they weren't planning to update Cheren and Bianca's image either >_>

And there has to be overworld sprites for them for when you connect in a battle. It's weird they don't have it.

EDIT: All of N's Pokemon evidently appear in the wild, with them doing the shiny animation and a message indicating the Pokemon may not be wild.

It's interesting that the only Pokemon N cares about enough to leave with the sages is his Zorua (and he had a Zoroark as well). Really sentimental there.
    Last edited by The Outrage; 23rd June 2012 at 02:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by The Outrage View Post
    It's interesting that the only Pokemon N cares about enough to leave with the sages is his Zorua (and he had a Zoroark as well). Really sentimental there.
    Is it confirmed that he left it to them? They could have just found it.

I wonder about the effects of the Memory Link. Especially who that certain someone mentioned is.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by smalllady View Post
    I'm starting to wonder if Hilbert/Hilda's search for N wasn't completely in vain. I know that their Mom only says that they left Unova to search for N, so it's obvious that she wouldn't know anything beyond that. I think there's still a possibility that Hilbert/Hilda did meet up with N again at some point before he returned to Unova.
    That's possible.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Aspieon View Post
    Is it confirmed that he left it to them? They could have just found it.

I wonder about the effects of the Memory Link. Especially who that certain someone mentioned is.
    Memory Link flashback:

Suggests the flashback was Zoroark, but given that every other one of N's Pokemon were returned to the wild, while N's Zorua (which he never used in battle, his Zoroark is also later seen leading you to N in the old Plasma castle) just happens to be with the sage in that house, I'd say N left it there. Sure, they found it, but it seems like N made it so they would.

I wouldn't be surprised about N giving the Zorua line special treatment since it was one of the Pokemon he lived with as a child.

EDIT:
    The ghost of Marvelous Bridge makes a Cameo

EDIT 2:
    Someone's really going to have to start posting soon since I'm just editing my post and it makes it seem like nothing's happening

The Shadow Triad in Iccirus City
    Last edited by The Outrage; 23rd June 2012 at 04:32 PM.

BattleFanatic Eitarou's Avatar Archives StaffBulbapedia Editorial BoardModerator
    Blog Entries

New sprites, but watch no artwork.
    If you love us, Game Freak. You'll avert this.

Blog Entries

This one's probably not as interesting as the Shadow Triad or the Marvelous Bridge Ghost updates, but Pokebeach's livestream goes more in-depth for the story:

So here's some more of why Hue's raging:

EDIT:

So remember when Cheren's looking for TP in Pinwheel Forest? Moderately related update.

Last edited by The Outrage; 23rd June 2012 at 04:59 PM.

Blog Entries

I'm confused about Purrloin and the Rival. What happened to the Purrloin that belonged to his little sister? It clearly said in Dengeki that the Purrloin was a present to his little sister. Unless this is a different Purrloin that the Rival once had.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by smalllady View Post
    I'm confused about Purrloin and the Rival. What happened to the Purrloin that belonged to his little sister? It clearly said in Dengeki that the Purrloin was a present to his little sister. Unless this is a different Purrloin that the Rival once had.
    I don't see how its a contradiction. What's happening though is that people seem to be mistranslating, but it's likely that the translation was that it was the Purrloin given to his sister.

So what happened was five years prior, Hue gave his sister a Purrloin. Team Plasma stole it. Hue has held a grudge ever since. I also hear that Purrloin was evolved into Liepard, but I haven't seen anything about that nor was anything mentioned about getting it back.

Can you imagine? In BW, you may have actually battled the Purrloin.

Blog Entries

Oh okay I get it. I didn't see where the '5 years ago' part came in.

Blog Entries

I'd still like to know what the blond trainer's roles are. I think we got a name for them (Ruri and Tetsu), but I didn't really catch what their roles are. And what's with the deal with two sets of clothes, but three sets of mugshots, and evidently only one set of over-world sprites?

As far as I can tell, you find their Xtransciever in the Nimbassa Park. Given the shiptease going on with the ferriswheel, are these two trainers gender-exclusive or event-exclusive?

EDIT: From Pokebeach's livestream

Elite Four member Marshall blocks you from entering Twist Mountain on Route 7. He says “You shouldn’t go this way until you beat the Pokemon League.”
    I really hope there's more to it than Marshal going "Nope!"

What is he, a bouncer now?

Bianca's team:
    If you decide to knock out Bianca’s Musharna, she sends out a Level 38 Mienfoo. And as her last Pokemon, she has a Level 38 Stoutland.
    It would be nice if they gave her new Pokemon rather than just her old Pokemon underleveled.

I wonder how canon her post-game battle is in BW. We last see her with Pokemon at level 38, and she had yet to capture a Mienfoo. But she did have Musharna and Stoutland.
    Last edited by The Outrage; 23rd June 2012 at 06:57 PM.

Onduru ruragittan disukaa Garren's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Achroma having Rotom interests me...

Guess we'll find out in a few weeks if he'll be connected to Genesect though since apparently they're doing...something with it in CoroCoro?

EDIT: Also....

Once you cross the bridge in Chargestone Cave, you hear an off-screen voice saying that it’s perfect that this cave is full of electricity and that it’s the perfect place for him. Now he has to stop something to save himself and his friends.
    Who is this supposed to be? PokeBeach never follows up on this.
    Last edited by Garren; 23rd June 2012 at 09:52 PM.

消え人
    Trophies
    Blog Entries

Elite Four member Marshall blocks you from entering Twist Mountain on Route 7. He says “You shouldn’t go this way until you beat the Pokemon League.”
    I really hope there's more to it than Marshal going "Nope!"

What is he, a bouncer now?
    He doesn't quite say that.

"I am Marshal, one of the Elite 4 from the Pokemon league! You are an impressive trainer, but you can't enter Twist Mountain! It has collapsed inside and can't be passed through!" Juniper can't get through it either, which is why you end up going all the way around Unova to get to Opelucid.
    Quote Originally Posted by Quattro ~ Bajeena View Post
    Once you cross the bridge in Chargestone Cave, you hear an off-screen voice saying that it’s perfect that this cave is full of electricity and that it’s the perfect place for him. Now he has to stop something to save himself and his friends.
    Who is this supposed to be? PokeBeach never follows up on this.
    N. He's the only one who uses the particular phrasing for 'friends'.

Page 68 of 94 FirstFirst ... 1858666768697078 ... LastLast