Page 67 of 94 FirstFirst ... 1757656667686977 ... LastLast
Results 991 to 1,005 of 1408
Like Tree602Likes

Thread: Character Discussion Thread

Blog Entries

Default Re: Character Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Gym Leader Shizui View Post
    Crasher Wake can be found staring out into the ocean in Route 18
    Cameos! xD Not surprising considering the World Tournament and all. I wonder who else will appear outside of the facility then.
    Given that NPC's from other games are also appearing outside of the World Tournament with unchanged sprites, its becoming harder for people to say the World Tournament is non-canon since that was the only basis for that argument.

Functionally, it makes sense. It's the same reason they didn't update Jasmine. Or use Gym Leader titles. In case they ever revisit old regions around the BW/BW2 era, they haven't set their designs in stone (or their title)

Blog Entries

If Crasher Wake appears out of the World Tournament, I guess the woman on Pokewood is really Sabrina.

Since the timeline is already screwed, all I want now is cameos of Hoenn Gym Leaders <3

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Garulu View Post
    If Crasher Wake appears out of the World Tournament, I guess the woman on Pokewood is really Sabrina.

Since the timeline is already screwed, all I want now is cameos of Hoenn Gym Leaders <3
    How exactly is the timeline screwed?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Serebii
    You can go on the Ferris Wheel with Cheren
    No way, a ferris wheel date with Cheren! This is hilarious.

Claims: , , Turboblaze, Fusion Flare ➝ icon/banner ★ pixiv

Blog Entries

He's supposedly looking for Team Plasma post-game...why?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by The Outrage View Post

Again? Seriously. I've said this twice or more.
    (And you do quote my posts almost every time)

If the characters not aging after a lot of years didn't screw the timeline for you, I don't what would do it.

Blog Entries

Apparently he joins you in Pinwheel Forest to investigate...not sure if the investigation turns up anything. I know Team Plasma appeared there in B/W, but I'm not sure why Cheren thinks he'll find any clues there.

Blog Entries

Again? Seriously. I've said this twice or more.
    (And you do quote my posts almost every time)

If the characters not aging after a lot of years didn't screw the timeline for you, I don't what would do it.
    And I've explained multiple times why that is. It's called "game-play and story segregation".

1) They're using the old sprites and designs because this is their most recognizable

2) In the event any of the old regions are revisited around the BW-Era timeline, Game Freak hasn't locked their non-Unova characters into a specific design. It's the same reason Jasmine wore her old dress in DPPt, while getting redesigned in HgSs. It's also the same reason why all these trainers are under the more generic "Pokémon Trainer" class in case they wish for their titles to change.

3) Neither Cynthia, nor Looker, two canon plot points in BW did not change either. Game Freak clearly isn't planning to.

And this, I've said multiple times as well. Just because they don't take the time to redesign 32+ sprites because they had better things to do for the sequels, doesn't make the appearance non-canon or the timeline screwed up. Their lack of "aging" even though they are using only battle sprites to represent them (and thus, not much finer details can be discerned other than height and a lack of new wardrobe) isn't indicative of anything other than the concept of gameplay and story segregation being employed (just like how its being employed when you trade between BW and BW2).

Nothing about their appearance contradicts established canon other than people's need for their appearance, despite only being represented by VS and Battle Sprite, to change. In fact, Crasher Wake's appearance outside Unova (and why would a guy who always dresses up in his wrestler's persona bother changing clothes now anyway?) suggests the World Tournament is indeed canon.

People need to get over the fact that Game Freak didn't give a shit about updating old designs other than making sure all Hoenn characters had sprites to work with. Really, what's with nitpicking with the most insignificant details (i.e., Game Freak not wanting to redesign 32+ sprites) to make the claim that the timeline is screwed up, when Game Freak has taken care to make sure everything that has a larger impact is consistent.

You know what screws up the timeline? Not Game Freak's laziness in redesigning sprites and deciding to use classic designs for what is essentially fandom pandering, it's events that directly contradict each others canon.

Have Red or Blue show up and tell me they've never once been Champions. That screws up the timeline. Have Red or Blue show up, with unchanged sprites, that tells me Game Freak was being lazy. These two things are not interchangeable concepts.

As far as plot goes, everything is still internally consistent.
    Last edited by The Outrage; 23rd June 2012 at 11:00 AM.
    Koukoubean and SirOni like this.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by bluesun
    Anthea: "Team Plasma is the syndicate created by a man named Ghetsis to rule over the Unova region. For that sake, he used a youngster named N... he was a mysterious boy, said to be the child of Pokémon."
    Concordia: "N was an orphan. For some reason it seems ever since he was born, he never parted from Pokémon. Seeing that behavior, people thought he was creepy... He lived in the forest together with Darmanitan and Zorua until Ghetsis found him. We, too, are orphans gathered in order to look after N."
    It is notable that they didn't actually have names in the Japanese version of Black and White, but rather they referred to themselves as goddesses. They no longer do that (possibly because they don't work for Ghetsis anymore), so they're essentially nameless now (barring the English names which might not be re-used).
    smalllady and The Outrage like this.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Silktree View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by bluesun
    Anthea: "Team Plasma is the syndicate created by a man named Ghetsis to rule over the Unova region. For that sake, he used a youngster named N... he was a mysterious boy, said to be the child of Pokémon."
    Concordia: "N was an orphan. For some reason it seems ever since he was born, he never parted from Pokémon. Seeing that behavior, people thought he was creepy... He lived in the forest together with Darmanitan and Zorua until Ghetsis found him. We, too, are orphans gathered in order to look after N."
    It is notable that they didn't actually have names in the Japanese version of Black and White, but rather they referred to themselves as goddesses. They no longer do that (possibly because they don't work for Ghetsis anymore), so they're essentially nameless now (barring the English names which might not be re-used).
    Ghetsis is just a bit creepy. Gathering young children, and then asking them to look out for another child? Not explicitly stated, but I guess this line from the Shadow Triad suggest they're orphans too:

"From the day Ghetsis saved our lives, we have sworn to be loyal to him. Even now, after he ordered us not to search for him."
    I guess N was just a feral child.

What's more interesting is that the line "He lived in the forest together with Darmanitan and Zorua until Ghetsis found him", which clearly refers to this scene. People keep wondering why the Puzzle Cube is important. Why does a child that has never seemed to have a family since childhood have a Puzzle Cube with such a design?

Also, there's got to be some irony in finding N's Pokemon in the wild. An orphan leaving his Pokemon orphaned. Though it seems his Zorua from childhood evolved into a Zoroark and stayed by his side.
    smalllady likes this.

Blog Entries

People keep wondering why the Puzzle Cube is important. Why does a child that has never seemed to have a family since childhood have a Puzzle Cube with such a design?
    Possibly because his real parents left him in the woods with only that possession.
    The Outrage likes this.

Blog Entries

@Silktree;
    So I saw in your conversation with @bluesun Cheren's opinion of the Shadow Triad:

Cheren: "Dark Trinity... those superhuman guys with the power to seal people's movements and kidnap them."
    Not only does this make me excited because of my first theory, but I am really intrigued about what this means, and how they do it.

It also makes me really wish we didn't miss this opportunity to take those non-standard battles with movie props outside of Pokewood, and have our Pokemon battle the actual Shadow Triad. Seems like our Pokemon might actually be worse off battling them than their Pawniard.

Onduru ruragittan disukaa Garren's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Wait, so is the intention here that N grew up in Pinwheel Forest, or is Cheren searching there and N growing up in a forest just a coincidence?

Also, what are the names of the Shadow Triad? I remember seeing the first one with Absol was named "Dark", presumably the leader we see in the trailer as you fight him in Opelucid...do the other two have names?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Quattro ~ Bajeena View Post
    Wait, so is the intention here that N grew up in Pinwheel Forest, or is Cheren searching there and N growing up in a forest just a coincidence?
    It's the latter.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Silktree View Post
    People keep wondering why the Puzzle Cube is important. Why does a child that has never seemed to have a family since childhood have a Puzzle Cube with such a design?
    Possibly because his real parents left him in the woods with only that possession.
    An Orphan's Plot Trinket. Classic. So N was a wild boy who lived in the Pinwheel Forest and Ghetsis took him in. So that's how he understands Pokemon. Just like the Kanghiskhan Kid (wonder if that's where they got the idea). I wish BW hinted this with us, the player, meeting him in the forest.

Page 67 of 94 FirstFirst ... 1757656667686977 ... LastLast