Page 66 of 94 FirstFirst ... 1656646566676876 ... LastLast
Like Tree602Likes

Thread: Character Discussion Thread

消え人
    Trophies
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Character Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Garulu View Post
    Talking about Zoroark... That one which was at Lostlorn Forest in Black and White... Is still there in Black 2 and White 2.
    It seems that its event was not canon.
    It's not. Someone who has come from travelling the world tells you the story of the Zoroark using Illusion, then being found out 2 years ago, and gives you TM95. As they leave, they turn into a Zoroark and roar just before going.
    Various other people mention Zoroark's trickery too.
    Reila likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by smalllady View Post
    Leaving it ambiguous is bad (and lazy) story-telling, period.
    No, not really. /opinions

Really, I like it better when some things are left in the dark. If there is no room for imagination in any way, THAT is bad story-telling. Mystery is part of a good story, and making theories and ideas is more fun when official ideas aren't in the way.
    Signature is a WIP for the moment.
    For now, I have claimed: Mewtwo, Member's Card, Wide Lens, Honey Gather, and Psystrike.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by bluesun View Post
    Talking about Zoroark... That one which was at Lostlorn Forest in Black and White... Is still there in Black 2 and White 2.
    It's not. Someone who has come from travelling the world tells you the story of the Zoroark using Illusion, then being found out 2 years ago, and gives you TM95. As they leave, they turn into a Zoroark and roar just before going.
    At the very least, being captured was not canon. But the Zoroark tells you about being found out two years ago? Surely this refers to its time as the "woman in a trailer" and being found out by the PC. Interesting turn of events here.

Blog Entries

Makes you wonder if the BW protagonist meeting the DPPt/HGSS protagonists and obtaining a Shiny Legendary Dog from them is also canon. Hm.
    3DS FC: 1203-9389-8130

Blog Entries

I think I loved Black and White for this ultimate rivalry between the PC and N, and it disappoints that is little closure to that rivalry.
    smalllady, Ivysaur and El_ like this.

Much love to Zurr

Blog Entries

Interesting, I was not aware of what Zoroark said, since I don't understand Japanese.

Blog Entries

Ironic that this Zoroark seems to play bigger roles in this game than other NPC's

消え人
    Trophies
    Blog Entries

As for what Zoroark's time where, the dialogue seems to me like it was another Zoroark. It's certainly more talkative than the BW one.
    Hey! Pokedex holder trainer. I'm a travelling fan who goes round the world talking to various people. By the way, have you heard of the Pokemon, Zoroark?
    >Yes
    >>Wow! You had the intelligence not to get tricked, huh?
    >No
    >>Hmm? Are you ignorant in the ways of this world? Or did you get tricked instead?
    Around 2 years ago, it's said a Zoroark lived around here, using it's ability Illusion to change the form of this whole meadow, tricking humans and Pokemon alike. I wonder if there is any truth to this unbelievable rumour. You gotta dream your dreams and not doubt them, right?
    KOGYUGYUGYUGYUHNH!!
    Here's some of the dialogue, I refound it and translated. Checking over again, I see it doesn't say exactly what happened to them, but if they weren't at least disturbed 2 years ago, there should've been no reason everyone found them out 2 years ago.
    The Outrage and 투 애니원 like this.

Blog Entries

I realize this is the character discussion thread, but this Zoroark certainly acts a lot more like a human character (similar to Meowth in the anime) than a Pokemon one. Quite an interesting little Pokemon.
    As for what Zoroark's time where, the dialogue seems to me like it was another Zoroark. It's certainly more talkative than the BW one.
    Hey! Pokedex holder trainer. I'm a travelling fan who goes round the world talking to various people. By the way, have you heard of the Pokemon, Zoroark?
    >Yes
    >>Wow! You had the intelligence not to get tricked, huh?
    >No
    >>Hmm? Are you ignorant in the ways of this world? Or did you get tricked instead?
    Around 2 years ago, it's said a Zoroark lived around here, using it's ability Illusion to change the form of this whole meadow, tricking humans and Pokemon alike. I wonder if there is any truth to this unbelievable rumour. You gotta dream your dreams and not doubt them, right?
    KOGYUGYUGYUGYUHNH!!
    Here's some of the dialogue, I refound it and translated. Checking over again, I see it doesn't say exactly what happened to them, but if they weren't at least disturbed 2 years ago, there should've been no reason everyone found them out 2 years ago.
    So it seems the Zoroark event two years ago is canon (at least having its disguise foiled). The fact it can talk makes me think its ability Illusion may be a misnomer, and encompasses more general Kitsune abilities like shapeshifting as well (it would explain the anime portrayal).

Quote Originally Posted by The Outrage View Post
    I realize this is the character discussion thread, but this Zoroark certainly acts a lot more like a human character (similar to Meowth in the anime) than a Pokemon one. Quite an interesting little Pokemon.

So it seems the Zoroark event two years ago is canon (at least having its disguise foiled). The fact it can talk makes me think its ability Illusion may be a misnomer, and encompasses more general Kitsune abilities like shapeshifting as well (it would explain the anime portrayal).
    Wasn't that supposed to be obvious about Zorua/Zoroark in general?
    For now, I have claimed: Mewtwo, Member's Card, Wide Lens, Honey Gather, and Psystrike.

消え人
    Trophies
    Blog Entries

Anyway, something interesting I found:

Attachment 67418

She's not in the Pokewood cut scenes, and every sprite sheet I found put her next to gym leaders...
    Just found out, it's the sprite for 'Adult Lady', of which Tesla, Frémy and Ampere are models fought in the new Nimbasa Gym.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by FairyRed View Post
    Wasn't that supposed to be obvious about Zorua/Zoroark in general?
    That its Illusion ability refers to shapeshifting as well, and not simply casting intricate illusions? Evidently not given that people try to argue that it's just one big massive illusion even though it doesn't make much sense even in-game. (example)

I personally like to think that Zoroark's Illusion ability is just a general term for supernatural Kitsune powers given what it's based off of, rather than trying to rationalize it based on what science tells us illusions are.
    Anyway, something interesting I found:

Attachment 67418

She's not in the Pokewood cut scenes, and every sprite sheet I found put her next to gym leaders...
    Just found out, it's the sprite for 'Adult Lady', of which Tesla, Frémy and Ampere are models fought in the new Nimbasa Gym.
    Adult Lady has a very suggestive ring to it.

EDIT:

I just wanted to do a little comparison here:

So here's Iris over the past two years. Luckily, Iris doesn't wear her tricked out dress through the entire game, so we can see that she does, in fact age based on how her over-world sprites look. Though it's not nearly as obvious with her battle sprite.

Looks like Anthea and Concordia not only lost their dress and are wearing more decent clothing, but their hair style may be a bit more tamed.
    Last edited by The Outrage; 23rd June 2012 at 04:26 AM.
    투 애니원 likes this.

Zeb
    five times in the mirror Zeb's Avatar Deputy Head Administrator
    Blog Entries

Follow Zeb on Tumblr

Crasher Wake can be found staring out into the ocean in Route 18
    Cameos! xD Not surprising considering the World Tournament and all. I wonder who else will appear outside of the facility then.
    투 애니원 and The Outrage like this.
    Zeb: 0361-6364-1279 | Thunderbolts and Lightningrods!

When I find out where Volkner hangs out, he'll never get rid of me, ohohoh

Would be cool indeed, if we found other Gls outside of the world tournament.

Blog Entries

Default Re: Black & White 2 Character Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by smalllady View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Factory Head Thorton View Post
    Where was it confirmed that catching one of the Tao trio is canon?
    Well I was under the impression that the events that took place in N's Castle in B/W were canon. But I won't be surprised if they've retconned that.
    Wait, mind lapse, confused Tao and Kami. My bad.

Page 66 of 94 FirstFirst ... 1656646566676876 ... LastLast