Character Discussion Thread - Page 5

Page 5 of 94 FirstFirst ... 345671555 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 75 of 1408
Like Tree602Likes

Thread: Character Discussion Thread

  1. #61
    (-, - )…zzzZZZ Reila's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    4,370
    Blog Entries
    59

    Default Re: Revealed Gym Leaders Thread: Nay or Yay?

    Quote Originally Posted by Kyo~ View Post
    Welp

    E: although I only see the one female one.
    Your point?

    Shizui does not look like one of the last leaders, but he is not one of the earlier ones for sure.
    Maybe the 4th or 5th. That makes me think that we will get more new leaders.

  2. #62
    Kung Fu Pancham! Rocky505's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    In your mom's room
    Posts
    1,232

    Visit Rocky505's Youtube Channel

    Default Re: Revealed Gym Leaders Thread: Nay or Yay?

    The earliest we've had cool trainers are around the 4th gym I believe(Lavaridge Gym)

  3. #63
    Registered User Kyo~'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Gender
    Female
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    98
    Blog Entries
    2

    Default Re: Revealed Gym Leaders Thread: Nay or Yay?

    Quote Originally Posted by Nyarlathotep View Post
    Your point?
    Earlier gym leaders typically only have one or two flunkies, higher leveled ones ... don't.
    geek logic exposed

    Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄ƷAll hail King Neptune and his water breathersƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ

  4. #64
    Kung Fu Pancham! Rocky505's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    In your mom's room
    Posts
    1,232

    Visit Rocky505's Youtube Channel

    Default Re: Revealed Gym Leaders Thread: Nay or Yay?

    Quote Originally Posted by Kyo~ View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyarlathotep View Post
    Your point?
    Earlier gym leaders typically only have one or two flunkies, higher leveled ones ... don't.
    liza and tate only had 2 in RS.

  5. #65
    (-, - )…zzzZZZ Reila's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    4,370
    Blog Entries
    59

    Default Re: Revealed Gym Leaders Thread: Nay or Yay?

    Quote Originally Posted by Kyo~ View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyarlathotep View Post
    Your point?
    Earlier gym leaders typically only have one or two flunkies, higher leveled ones ... don't.
    But we didn't manage to see all of his gym.

  6. #66
    Registered User The Outrage's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    12,172
    Blog Entries
    951

    Default Re: Revealed Gym Leaders Thread: Nay or Yay?

    Blue also only had one, and Jasmine only had two. I don't think the number of gym trainers is *that* indicative as you progress later in the games.

    Someone also noted there are no beaches where his gym is, and the corocoro scans showed him appearing on a Beach.

    Going with the "map is only being obscured" theory, I'm betting he's the Undella Town gym leader or something.

  7. #67
    Registered User Ivysaur's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    8,035
    Blog Entries
    120

    Default Re: Professor Akuroma

    I don't know, whenever I see someone mentioning Akuroma and him looking evil, I just think back to Rowan and the DP speculation period. I could see him being related to Plasma if he isn't the one who gives the hero his/her starter Pokemon, but if he is, then I guess I just don't see him turning on you. Betrayal's never been a part of the main series games, especially from someone as essential to the protagonist's journey as the professor or something. It's just not something I see GameFreak doing. Of course, I could be wrong.
    3DS FC: 1203-9389-8130

  8. #68
    Registered User Kyo~'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Gender
    Female
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    98
    Blog Entries
    2

    Default Re: Revealed Gym Leaders Thread: Nay or Yay?

    Well that's RS.

    @Nyarlahotep You can see enough to know its not very big. The part at like :43 with Shizui is just above the other part shown later in the clip.
    geek logic exposed

    Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄ƷAll hail King Neptune and his water breathersƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ

  9. #69
    Registered User The Outrage's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    12,172
    Blog Entries
    951

    Default Re: Revealed Gym Leaders Thread: Nay or Yay?

    Quote Originally Posted by Kyo~ View Post
    Well that's RS.

    @Nyarlahotep You can see enough to know its not very big. The part at like :43 with Shizui is just above the other part shown later in the clip.
    Okay, but that's under the assumption the room shown was the first room entered and the last room in the gym as well, but we didn't see the trainer enter the gym, and there are other parts in that room we haven't seen. The entrance shown previously had a purple statue suggesting it may be Homika's gym.

    I doubt they'd bother with such a small puzzle.

  10. #70
    (-, - )…zzzZZZ Reila's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    4,370
    Blog Entries
    59

    Default Re: Revealed Gym Leaders Thread: Nay or Yay?

    Just for the sake of my curiosity, but why you want Shizui to be one of the earlier leaders?

  11. #71
    Registered User Kyo~'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Gender
    Female
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    98
    Blog Entries
    2

    Default Re: Revealed Gym Leaders Thread: Nay or Yay?

    ... I don't have any vested interest in him period. What about you

    (This goes both ways if that's what you're implying)
    geek logic exposed

    Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄ƷAll hail King Neptune and his water breathersƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ

  12. #72
    (-, - )…zzzZZZ Reila's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    4,370
    Blog Entries
    59

    Default Re: Revealed Gym Leaders Thread: Nay or Yay?

    Quote Originally Posted by Kyo~ View Post
    ... I don't have any vested interest in him period. What about you

    (This goes both ways if that's what you're implying)
    Nah, I did not imply anything.

    I don't care about he being the first, second or last leader.
    But if he is one of the later ones, I can assume that we will get more new leaders. And I really want new leaders

  13. #73
    Electric Obsession sunyshore's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Gender
    Female
    Location
    Saitama, Japan
    Posts
    896

    Default Re: Professor Akuroma

    Here is how the mistranslation/misunderstanding about his line occurred.

    It says:
    "わたしがつくったポケモンを" -- lemme stop you right there. "the pokemon i created" it says. but the line then continues.
    "かっせいかさせるどうがで・・・" -- "with the item that stimulates..." this alters the meaning entirely, as japanese grammar works backwards from english sometimes. so what he is saying is:

    "With the item I created that stimulates Pokemon..."

    As what he つくった (made) is the ポケモンをかっせいかさせるどうが (the item which stimulates pokemon).

    THUS it is the item, not the Pokemon, which he created. This is kind of tricky to follow maybe but I 100% promise you it's not an interpretation, it's the real line, the only translation, no hidden meaning to be found (at present). This is reinforced by the blurb below it merely saying he sometimes helps you out (proven as he shows you/gives you an item).

    And that is tricky grammar Japanese lesson of the day! :D

  14. #74
    El_
    El_ is offline
    Registered User El_'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    N's Puzzle Cube
    Posts
    1,440
    Blog Entries
    5

    Default Re: Professor Akuroma

    Stimulates Pokemon to do what I wonder? I hope that he "stimulates" some Gen 5 DW abilities.

    N set by smalllady
    Ideals/Truth

  15. #75
    Registered User The Outrage's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    12,172
    Blog Entries
    951

    Default Re: Professor Akuroma

    Quote Originally Posted by sunyshore View Post
    Here is how the mistranslation/misunderstanding about his line occurred.

    It says:
    "わたしがつくったポケモンを" -- lemme stop you right there. "the pokemon i created" it says. but the line then continues.
    "かっせいかさせるどうがで・・・" -- "with the item that stimulates..." this alters the meaning entirely, as japanese grammar works backwards from english sometimes. so what he is saying is:

    "With the item I created that stimulates Pokemon..."

    As what he つくった (made) is the ポケモンをかっせいかさせるどうが (the item which stimulates pokemon).

    THUS it is the item, not the Pokemon, which he created. This is kind of tricky to follow maybe but I 100% promise you it's not an interpretation, it's the real line, the only translation, no hidden meaning to be found (at present). This is reinforced by the blurb below it merely saying he sometimes helps you out (proven as he shows you/gives you an item).

    And that is tricky grammar Japanese lesson of the day! :D
    Dirty jokes aside about stimulating Pokemon...I think the theory that he created a device that changes a Pokémon's ability to their hidden ability has more evidence.
    El_, 투 애니원 and Siva like this.

Page 5 of 94 FirstFirst ... 345671555 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •