Character Discussion Thread - Page 46

Page 46 of 94 FirstFirst ... 36444546474856 ... LastLast
Like Tree602Likes

Thread: Character Discussion Thread

Blog Entries

Default Re: Black & White 2 Character Discussion Thread

Why would Ghetsis not leave Unova at the end of B/W? He knows he's a wanted man, so of course he's going to leave the region. He's not stupid enough to stay in Unova after his true plans have been exposed and thwarted (for the moment, anyways). Why else would Looker be searching for N first? He obviously doesn't have any other leads on Ghetsis, and if Ghetsis were in Unova, then I'm pretty sure it wouldn't be hard to find him.

Also, I don't think the Shadow Triad were telling the truth about not knowing where Ghetsis is. They had no reason to be honest with the player character in the post-game. It's literally their job to be deceptive and mislead anyone wondering where Ghetsis is.

And finally, I don't think Akuroma cares about the police apprehending him. I think he's being deceptive only to mislead the player character. Let's be honest, the presence of any sort of "police" in these games has been almost non-existent, and every villain knows this. That's why it's always up to the player character to stop them.
    Charles Dunois likes this.

Claims: , , Turboblaze, Fusion Flare ➝ icon/banner ★ pixiv

Who am I? Joshawott's Avatar Forum Head
    Blog Entries
    Follow Joshawott On Twitter
    Follow Joshawott on Tumblr Visit Joshawott's Youtube Channel

I also find it unlikely that both N and Ghetsis went to other regions during their absences. It is highly possible that Ghetsis remained hidden in Unova after his escape - in fact, it seems more likely that he would stay in the same land mass considering how he was a wanted fugitive. He wouldn't have been able to get on board any boats or planes without being discovered (unless he snuck in with supplies etc, which is even more of a convoluted idea). Besides, with Interpol on his back, it really wouldn't have made a difference.

Also, Looker outright states that he believes the Seven Sages are still in Unova:
    But, however! However, but... The ones known as the Seven Sages--still they hide themselves in the Unova region.
    However, when you find one of the Sages, he makes note of excluding Ghetsis:
    Accept my thanks! Now, Ghetsis notwithstanding, there yet remains but <number> of the Seven Sages still at large.
    So why would he not exclude Ghetsis from the first quote, yet exclude him from the second, if he didn't believe Ghetsis was still in Unova?

Personally, I only expect Ghetsis to show up near the climax of the story. As for who his "acquaintance" could be? It could be anyone at this stage. We don't even know what role Achroma has in Team Plasma - all we know is that it's significant. It could be Ghetsis, with his name not being mentioned to make his later return a surprise (which The Pokémon Company have blown in the trailers, like with Achroma being with Team Plasma in the first place) or it could be someone else connected to Team Plasma.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Joshawott View Post
    He wouldn't have been able to get on board any boats or planes without being discovered (unless he snuck in with supplies etc, which is even more of a convoluted idea).
    This is not real life. Besides, Ghetsis probably has his own plane or boat.

Besides, with Interpol on his back, it really wouldn't have made a difference.
    They wouldn't know where to look for him if he left Unova. That does make a difference.

So why would he not exclude Ghetsis from the first quote, yet exclude him from the second, if he didn't believe Ghetsis was still in Unova?
    Because the six sages told him that they had no idea where Ghetsis was, so he inferred that he was no longer in Unova, which is why he decided to try and find N in another region. Considering that he didn't tell the player to continue to look for Ghetsis, it is obvious that he didn't think Ghetsis could still be in Unova.

Follow Purellian On Twitter
    Visit Purellian's Youtube Channel

While it is certainly very likely that Akuroma is working for Plasma or Ghetsis in some capacity, we simply (still!) do not know what he is really up to. He is still just a mysterious character to us. Game Freak have been giving us information such to color our speculation towards him being a bad guy, but the truth is we still only know that he's a mysterious "is he or isn't he" sort of guy. It could turn out that the research he was asked to help with was actually finding stuff out about Plasma and about Ghetsis' whereabouts, and his acquaintance is actually Looker. Or, as a scientist, his acquaintance could be Professor Juniper or Fennel, and his research has simply led him to become entangled in the Plasma/Ghetsis/Player plot. Maybe he's a mole of some sort!

Also, notice that the player character is actually not present in the screen shot of Akuroma in the Plasma HQ or whatever it is. Dunno what that means, but it's interesting. It's highly unlikely, since Pokemon has never done this before, but there is a small chance that it could be a cut scene where the player isn't even present. I don't think that's actually the case, but it would be interesting if it were!

Waiting for Pokemon X and Pokemon Y since January, 2013!

I poke your snoot UnovaCastaway's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Purellian View Post

Also, notice that the player character is actually not present in the screen shot of Akuroma in the Plasma HQ or whatever it is. Dunno what that means, but it's interesting. It's highly unlikely, since Pokemon has never done this before, but there is a small chance that it could be a cut scene where the player isn't even present. I don't think that's actually the case, but it would be interesting if it were!
    It could just be a camera pan down a long corridor. That happened in the first games.

Follow Purellian On Twitter
    Visit Purellian's Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by UnovaCastaway View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Purellian View Post

It could just be a camera pan down a long corridor. That happened in the first games.
    Ah, that's true. I couldn't remember if that actually happened in the first games.

Waiting for Pokemon X and Pokemon Y since January, 2013!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Joshawott View Post
    Accept my thanks! Now, Ghetsis notwithstanding, there yet remains but <number> of the Seven Sages still at large.
    Ummm...saying that makes it seem more like they either caught Ghetsis, hence why the others are still at large (which we know isn't the case), or that Looker knows the others are still at large in Unova, while Ghetsis' location is unknown, hence excluding him from the count.

Blog Entries

Follow hurristat on Tumblr

I don't know what the words are saying in the screenshot, or what the trailer had, but just because Akuroma appears in a Plasma building does not mean he's a member -- he could be helping the PC to take down Team Plasma.

remember me jda95's Avatar Moderator
    Blog Entries

Follow jda95 on Tumblr

Achroma's words were "I was asked to help research for the match". So that doesn't clear much up at all, as it could go either way.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by jda95 View Post
    Achroma's words were "I was asked to help research for the match". So that doesn't clear much up at all, as it could go either way.
    That translation is wrong. I asked Purellian about it:

Quote Originally Posted by Purellian
    Hmm... I guess looking over it again I would re-word it to "I was helping with some research that an acquaintance requested!" but I definitely don't see anything there about a match. Actually, I think the translation "match" is coming from the word "acquaintance" , which is "shiriai" in Japanese. If you take out the "ri" and just have "shiai" you get "match" as in game. The word Akuroma uses is definitely "shiriai" however, so any translation with the word "match" is incorrect.

Proud Pokeservative! 97SaturnSL1's Avatar
    Blog Entries

i have to wonder how many emolgas it took to make elesa's new coat. and her hair color looks just like road tar

Onduru ruragittan disukaa Garren's Avatar
    Blog Entries

"Whoa, whoa, this lab? I was just holding it for a friend, bro!"
    Karamazov likes this.

I guess we will get one more GL. or one more replacement .
    if it's a new one I want fighting or steel type in Anville town.
    if it's a replacment i want Iris or Clay replaced

Nyx

I'm still waiting for a dark-type gym.

Jun

So we have :

1- Cheren in Hyougi.
    2- Homika in Tachiwaki
    ?- Kamitsure in Nimbasa
    ?- Fuuro in Mistralton
    ?- Shizui (Undella ?)

Five leaders already confirmed. Opelucid's gym is in the BW2's map, so we'll have it. The third badge's parts looks like Arti's badge, but it doesn't confirm if Arti still be leader. One gym leader left, Clay's gym is also on the map but doesn't confirm anything.
    TwinleafShipper Fan

Page 46 of 94 FirstFirst ... 36444546474856 ... LastLast