Character Discussion Thread - Page 45
Page 45 of 94 FirstFirst ... 35434445464755 ... LastLast
Results 661 to 675 of 1408

Thread: Character Discussion Thread

  1. #661

    Default Re: Black & White 2 Character Discussion Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Purellian View Post
    I've suddenly gotten an image of Akuroma as not necessarily affiliated with either of the Team Plasmas, but is actually working with one of them as a contractor of sorts, doing some research that someone (probably Ghetsis) requested of him.
    That's the impression I would get if we only had the quote from the latest trailer, but his dialogue in the animated trailer implies that he is not just a researcher. I think that he started his involvement by doing research, but after Ghetsis left he was the one that reformed Team Plasma.

  2. #662
    Happy NintendoDay Europe! Joshawott's Avatar Forum Head
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Cambridge, UK
    Posts
    11,758
    Blog Entries
    15
    Follow Joshawott On Twitter
    Add Joshawott on Linkedin Follow Joshawott on Tumblr Visit Joshawott's Youtube Channel

    Default Re: Black & White 2 Character Discussion Thread

    Maybe Ghetsis is still in Unova, but was in hiding? I mean the region is vast, Looker couldn't have looked in every nook and cranny in every cave. Pakistan didn't know Bin Laden was right under their noses until the Americans had their operation.

    In regards to Achroma, he could have used the confusion caused by the revelation of the truth about Ghetsis and N to take control of the reformed Team Plasma, while those loyal to N and the sages went on their own path.

    As for why he referred to Ghetsis as an "acquaintance", it's very likely that he was avoiding referring to Ghetsis by name because he is still a wanted man, so any mention of him would bring the authorities knocking on Achroma's door.

  3. #663

    Default Re: Black & White 2 Character Discussion Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Joshawott View Post
    I mean the region is vast, Looker couldn't have looked in every nook and cranny in every cave.
    But he decided to leave the region to continue his search; he was probably looking for N just to inquire him as to where Ghetsis might be. How silly would it be if Ghetsis turned out to have been right under his nose?

    As for why he referred to Ghetsis as an "acquaintance", it's very likely that he was avoiding referring to Ghetsis by name because he is still a wanted man, so any mention of him would bring the authorities knocking on Achroma's door.
    Come on now. If he has anything to do with a faction that has nefarious activities, he is not worried about the authorities.

  4. #664
    Happy NintendoDay Europe! Joshawott's Avatar Forum Head
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Cambridge, UK
    Posts
    11,758
    Blog Entries
    15
    Follow Joshawott On Twitter
    Add Joshawott on Linkedin Follow Joshawott on Tumblr Visit Joshawott's Youtube Channel

    Default Re: Black & White 2 Character Discussion Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Silktree View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Joshawott View Post
    I mean the region is vast, Looker couldn't have looked in every nook and cranny in every cave.
    But he decided to leave the region to continue his search; he was probably looking for N just to inquire him as to where Ghetsis might be. How silly would it be if Ghetsis turned out to have been right under his nose?
    It happens. Besides, wasn't his main goal to round up the sages? Isn't it possible that as he's from Interpol, he headed back to his headquarters to do further work there?

    As for why he referred to Ghetsis as an "acquaintance", it's very likely that he was avoiding referring to Ghetsis by name because he is still a wanted man, so any mention of him would bring the authorities knocking on Achroma's door.
    Come on now. If he has anything to do with a faction that has nefarious activities, he is not worried about the authorities.
    Yet that doesn't mean he should be rather showy either. He comes across to be as being particularly sneaky, so it wouldn't surprise me if he tries to keep as low a profile as he can.

  5. #665
    Onduru ruragittan disukaa Garren's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    5,144
    Blog Entries
    392

    Default Re: Black & White 2 Character Discussion Thread

    How silly would it be if Ghetsis turned out to have been right under his nose?
    This is the Interpol Policeman whose first line of dialouge is ""WHAAAT?! ...How did you know? How did you unmask me as a member of the International Police?!"

    It wouldn't be unexpected at all. Looker is pretty much incompetent, only succeeding because the player ends up finding, and defeating, Team Galactic and the Sages.
    Yu-Gi-Oh!
    Duel Monsters Sengoku!

    An original Yu-Gi-Oh Fanfic! Join Yuto Masamune and his Imperial Monster Patch-Eye Dragon as they take on Sengoku Academy!

    Current Chapter -Turn 2: One-Eyed Duelist, One-Eyed Dragon! Impress Summon, [Patch-Eye Dragon]!

    Yuto continues his Duel against Shisa, a delinquent who calls himself a "Chain Duelist!". Just then, as Shisa's strong offense and defense overwhelms Yuto, a new type of summon occurs!

  6. #666

    Default Re: Black & White 2 Character Discussion Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Joshawott View Post
    Isn't it possible that as he's from Interpol, he headed back to his headquarters to do further work there?
    Nope. "Having received such a report, of someone far from here, who has seen a person like N and...a dragon Pokémon. I am on my way to verify the veracity of this information. We will meet again one day!" He clearly went to look for N, and I don't see why he wouldn't be interested in apprehending Ghetsis.

    He comes across to be as being particularly sneaky, so it wouldn't surprise me if he tries to keep as low a profile as he can.
    He's in a building with a Team Plasma logo and you think he's keeping a low profile?

    Quote Originally Posted by Quattro ~ Bajeena
    It wouldn't be unexpected at all.
    But it would be remarkably silly all the same.

    Looker is pretty much incompetent, only succeeding because the player ends up finding, and defeating, Team Galactic and the Sages.
    That only makes it worse. If Ghetsis turned out to have been hiding in Unova, it would mean that the player could have found him and yet didn't.

  7. #667
    Onduru ruragittan disukaa Garren's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    5,144
    Blog Entries
    392

    Default Re: Black & White 2 Character Discussion Thread

    Also, this makes me hope Looker returns...replaying Platinum reminded me of how much I love the guy.
    Yu-Gi-Oh!
    Duel Monsters Sengoku!

    An original Yu-Gi-Oh Fanfic! Join Yuto Masamune and his Imperial Monster Patch-Eye Dragon as they take on Sengoku Academy!

    Current Chapter -Turn 2: One-Eyed Duelist, One-Eyed Dragon! Impress Summon, [Patch-Eye Dragon]!

    Yuto continues his Duel against Shisa, a delinquent who calls himself a "Chain Duelist!". Just then, as Shisa's strong offense and defense overwhelms Yuto, a new type of summon occurs!

  8. #668
    Happy NintendoDay Europe! Joshawott's Avatar Forum Head
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Cambridge, UK
    Posts
    11,758
    Blog Entries
    15
    Follow Joshawott On Twitter
    Add Joshawott on Linkedin Follow Joshawott on Tumblr Visit Joshawott's Youtube Channel

    Default Re: Black & White 2 Character Discussion Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Silktree View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Joshawott View Post
    Isn't it possible that as he's from Interpol, he headed back to his headquarters to do further work there?
    Nope. "Having received such a report, of someone far from here, who has seen a person like N and...a dragon Pokémon. I am on my way to verify the veracity of this information. We will meet again one day!" He clearly went to look for N, and I don't see why he wouldn't be interested in apprehending Ghetsis.
    Maybe his specific target was N, not Ghetsis? Sure, he may want Ghetsis as well, but speaking to N could have been his current priority.

    He comes across to be as being particularly sneaky, so it wouldn't surprise me if he tries to keep as low a profile as he can.
    He's in a building with a Team Plasma logo and you think he's keeping a low profile?
    That's in the interior though. We have no idea what the exterior looks like.

  9. #669

    Default Re: Black & White 2 Character Discussion Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Joshawott View Post
    Maybe his specific target was N, not Ghetsis? Sure, he may want Ghetsis as well, but speaking to N could have been his current priority.
    Why would Ghetsis be the last person on his list? Unlike Ghetsis, N wasn't taken into custody and was forgiven by everyone. It's obvious that Looker is really after Ghetsis and that he needs N's assistance to find him.

    That's in the interior though. We have no idea what the exterior looks like.
    And this matters how? Your argument is that he doesn't want to make the player suspicious of him, and yet the player is clearly inside the building.

  10. #670

    Default Re: Black & White 2 Character Discussion Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Silktree View Post
    And this matters how? Your argument is that he doesn't want to make the player suspicious of him, and yet the player is clearly inside the building.
    Because he forced his way in like every other player characters. Remember how Team Rocket's hideout was under the Game Corner and Red went in.

  11. #671

    Default Re: Black & White 2 Character Discussion Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by matt0044 View Post
    Because he forced his way in like every other player characters. Remember how Team Rocket's hideout was under the Game Corner and Red went in.
    That is not the point. The player obviously knows about Akuroma's affiliation with Team Plasma, so if Ghetsis were around I don't see why Akuroma would be shy about using his name.

  12. #672

    Default Re: Black & White 2 Character Discussion Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Silktree View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by matt0044 View Post
    Because he forced his way in like every other player characters. Remember how Team Rocket's hideout was under the Game Corner and Red went in.
    That is not the point. The player obviously knows about Akuroma's affiliation with Team Plasma, so if Ghetsis were around I don't see why Akuroma would be shy about using his name.
    And just WHEN is the player made aware of Akuroma's intentions? For all we know, that screenshot could be the big reveal that the Professor is with Team Plasma as he kept it hidden from the player as well as everyone else. Also, Ghetsis is a wanted man so the Professor freely saying the name of his partner in crime would get the police questioning him WHICH HE OBVIOUSLY DOES NOT WANT!

  13. #673
    Happy NintendoDay Europe! Joshawott's Avatar Forum Head
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Cambridge, UK
    Posts
    11,758
    Blog Entries
    15
    Follow Joshawott On Twitter
    Add Joshawott on Linkedin Follow Joshawott on Tumblr Visit Joshawott's Youtube Channel

    Default Re: Black & White 2 Character Discussion Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Silktree View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Joshawott View Post
    Maybe his specific target was N, not Ghetsis? Sure, he may want Ghetsis as well, but speaking to N could have been his current priority.
    Why would Ghetsis be the last person on his list? Unlike Ghetsis, N wasn't taken into custody and was forgiven by everyone. It's obvious that Looker is really after Ghetsis and that he needs N's assistance to find him.
    Looker is obviously looking for N as a lead to Ghetsis then. He can't just sit tight and hope for a lead that's closer to home comes up.

    That's in the interior though. We have no idea what the exterior looks like.
    And this matters how? Your argument is that he doesn't want to make the player suspicious of him, and yet the player is clearly inside the building.
    We don't know at what point in the game that occurs though - it is most likely at some point after his cover is blown. Considering his initial reveal had a description that painted him as a mysterious character rather than outright stating his true side, it's clear that he is going to be one of those "Is he? Isn't he?" kind of characters for at least the early part of the story.

    Also, is it even confirmed that this acquaintance of his IS Ghetsis?

  14. #674

    Default Re: Black & White 2 Character Discussion Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by matt0044 View Post
    For all we know, that screenshot could be the big reveal that the Professor is with Team Plasma as he kept it hidden from the player as well as everyone else. Also, Ghetsis is a wanted man so the Professor freely saying the name of his partner in crime would get the police questioning him WHICH HE OBVIOUSLY DOES NOT WANT!
    So as he reveals to the player that he is working for (or leading) Team Plasma, the part that worries him is mentioning Ghetsis? That's trivial compared to the fact that he, himself, is a criminal.

    Quote Originally Posted by Joshawott
    He can't just sit tight and hope for a lead that's closer to home comes up.
    There is no evidence that Ghetsis is closer to home. It's an awkward assumption to make because it requires unnecessary convolution.

    We don't know at what point in the game that occurs though - it is most likely at some point after his cover is blown.
    Precisely.

    Also, is it even confirmed that this acquaintance of his IS Ghetsis?
    Obviously not. You're welcome to propose another possibility if you don't actually think Ghetsis was the one who enlisted Akumora.

  15. #675

    Default Re: Black & White 2 Character Discussion Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by matt0044 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Silktree View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by matt0044 View Post
    Because he forced his way in like every other player characters. Remember how Team Rocket's hideout was under the Game Corner and Red went in.
    That is not the point. The player obviously knows about Akuroma's affiliation with Team Plasma, so if Ghetsis were around I don't see why Akuroma would be shy about using his name.
    And just WHEN is the player made aware of Akuroma's intentions? For all we know, that screenshot could be the big reveal that the Professor is with Team Plasma as he kept it hidden from the player as well as everyone else. Also, Ghetsis is a wanted man so the Professor freely saying the name of his partner in crime would get the police questioning him WHICH HE OBVIOUSLY DOES NOT WANT!
    finally some one gets it just like n
    Pure awesomeness

Page 45 of 94 FirstFirst ... 35434445464755 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •