Character Discussion Thread - Page 41
Page 41 of 94 FirstFirst ... 3139404142435191 ... LastLast

Thread: Character Discussion Thread

Default Re: Black & White 2 Character Discussion Thread

Homika is confirmed to have a Scolipede in the anime. I guess that her signature Pokémon will either be Scolipede or Whirlipede, depending on Game Freak's stance on legal levels (they haven't been very consistent about it). If she uses a Whirlipede, though, the anime is being too misleading in its promotion of the games. But it's telling that Homika still has a Koffing in the anime; I would think that the writers would make it evolve if they did that with Whirlipede.

Simpler times ahead
    Blog Entries

Or in the Anime she's really just using her rematch team, due to the jump to the position of gym 8.

Tonight's episode of Best Wishes confirms Homika has a Koffing in the games as the first Pokemon she sends out.

Quote Originally Posted by Musashi View Post
    Tonight's episode of Best Wishes confirms Homika has a Koffing in the games as the first Pokemon she sends out.
    Yep. The video can be seen here. Shows brief Pokewood stuff, but it also shows a little of inside Homika's gym (digging the flashing lights) and her Koffing, as well as the gym battle music.

Want them in PokeMart? Rare Candy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Zeb View Post

Homika is now confirmed to be the second gym leader (look at the badge Ash is holding and then the badge case in image below). So most people guessing that were correct (which was pretty much everyone lol).

And it looks like Homika is going to have a Koffing and a Garbodor in the anime. But she's going to have two pokemon in the games and three in the anime (iirc) so there's always the chance she might not have the Koffing or the Garbodor in the games.
    What's the third badge? It doesn't seem exactly like Burgh's. Burgh's badge is something like in the shape of heart, while this seems like a vertical ellipse.

Edit: Maybe in the scene when you obtain the badge it looks that away. So it's probably Burgh's now. :P

Simpler times ahead
    Blog Entries

It's the insect badge, the distortion from the rays of light is probably bending its looks. And yeah, the inside of the gym looks nice. As I said this game is looking to be in constant motion, and is likely going to have a more lively world compared to the other games.

The New Trainer in Town PokeExplosioN's Avatar

Default Could Shizui be Cress?

Is it possible to have after the Striaton City is frozen over that Cress, Cilan, and Chili went off and became their own gym leaders? Cress could just have changed his name since their Japanese names aren't the same. In the anime, Chili said he would like to make his own gym and that would mean Cress would be alone when Unova is frozen over. Now I know anime is never considered canon but I still am supporting this theory. Plus Shizui's skin color is a tan if you look at his waist he has a noticeable tan line.
    That time you first turn on that new Pokemon game and realize you have to start all over from scratch... I hate that feeling.
    Friend Code: 1377 6696 2219 ; Name is JOHN

Blog Entries

Default Re: Could Shizui be Cress?

Tan or no tan, the two bear absolutely no physical resemblance to each other. So no, there is no possibility they are the same person.

Claims: , , Turboblaze, Fusion Flare ➝ icon/banner ★ pixiv

Blog Entries

Cress and Shizue look nothing alike... not at all
    Black: 4727-9836-9051
    White: 3396-7767-9032
    Platinum: 0003-5833-1618
    Soul Silver: 3138-3094-2458

I'm mean and green Jo The Marten's Avatar Bulbanews WriterSocial Media EditorArchives StaffBulbapedia Editorial BoardModerator
    Blog Entries
    Follow Jo The Marten On Twitter
    Follow Jo The Marten on Tumblr

The anime is canon to itself. But the anime and game are practically two different series. What happens in one probably won't happen in the other.

As for Shizui, he looks nothing like Cress, nor does he speak like Cress. From what Umeko's told me, Shizui speaks with a Kyushu accent, something almost no one else has done before in Pokemon, especially not Cress. Shizui also has toned muscles whereas Cress clearly does not.

Oh and lastly, you can see Shizui in a screenshot of the new opening for the anime. So if Shizui and Cress exist in the same series, it's pretty much impossible for them to be the same person.

I'm just a mean green mother from outer space!
    And I am bad!

[Bulbapedia][Tumblr][Art site][My sweetie ♥][Little Shop of Horrors club]

Even if Cress could change his name, why would he?

Blog Entries

Cress putting on a wig and being a part of the Shadow Triad makes more sense than him evolving into Shizui. :/

N set by smalllady
    Ideals/Truth

So Homika definitely has Koffing. I'm guessing that her second pokemon must be either Scolipede or Garbodor. (or possibly their pre evo)
    My Current (and tentative) Planned Main Team for my Alpha Sapphire League Challenge:

Quote Originally Posted by P0kelegend View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Musashi View Post
    Yep. The video can be seen here. Shows brief Pokewood stuff, but it also shows a little of inside Homika's gym (digging the flashing lights) and her Koffing, as well as the gym battle music.
    Cool! The battle music got a remix!

BattleFanatic Eitarou's Avatar Archives StaffBulbapedia Editorial BoardModerator
    Blog Entries

Ghestsis confirmed for Brawl. I mean BW2.
    Last edited by Eitarou; 2nd June 2012 at 06:01 PM.

Page 41 of 94 FirstFirst ... 3139404142435191 ... LastLast