Character Discussion Thread - Page 40
Page 40 of 94 FirstFirst ... 3038394041425090 ... LastLast
Results 586 to 600 of 1408

Thread: Character Discussion Thread

  1. #586

    Default Re: Black & White 2 Character Discussion Thread

    What is it even supposed to be? D: It's very hard to tell what shape that badge is in that comic.

  2. #587
    Lost Wanderer Magnus Newman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Oniric Visions
    Posts
    176

    Default Re: Black & White 2 Character Discussion Thread

    I believe the top of the badge is a skull with two bones crossed behind it. Then the rest of the badge is reminiscent of a caterpillar's body. If it's the case then a Whirlipede is likely to be in her team in the game.

  3. #588

    Default Re: Black & White 2 Character Discussion Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Joshawott View Post
    As she's the second Gym Leader, I highly doubt she will have a Garbador in the games - at least, not until a rematch (If there is a rematch feature). She could have a Trubbish, but I'd say a Whirlipede is more likely.
    Garbodor (or Scolipede for that matter) is rather plain compared to the likes of Starmie, Scyther and Roserade. I don't see why it is unlikely for Homika to use it early on; Whirlipede would be easy to take down.

  4. #589
    (!) Let's battle! Fair Verona's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Gender
    Female
    Location
    EVERYWHERE. EVER.
    Posts
    544

    Default Re: Black & White 2 Character Discussion Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Silktree View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Joshawott View Post
    As she's the second Gym Leader, I highly doubt she will have a Garbador in the games - at least, not until a rematch (If there is a rematch feature). She could have a Trubbish, but I'd say a Whirlipede is more likely.
    Garbodor (or Scolipede for that matter) is rather plain compared to the likes of Starmie, Scyther and Roserade. I don't see why it is unlikely for Homika to use it early on; Whirlipede would be easy to take down.
    I think it's the leveling thing that makes people skeptical about Garbodor. We've had leaders with underlevled pokemon before, but it still seems like whirlipede would be more likely, due to her guitar and that it's kind of a stretch to have a pokemon that is supposed to evolve at level 36 be only on the second gym.


    Some days it's a good day to die. Other times it's just a good day to have breakfast.

  5. #590
    In glorious technicolor The Outrage's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    12,771
    Blog Entries
    1011

    Default Re: Black & White 2 Character Discussion Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Fair Verona View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Silktree View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Joshawott View Post
    As she's the second Gym Leader, I highly doubt she will have a Garbador in the games - at least, not until a rematch (If there is a rematch feature). She could have a Trubbish, but I'd say a Whirlipede is more likely.
    Garbodor (or Scolipede for that matter) is rather plain compared to the likes of Starmie, Scyther and Roserade. I don't see why it is unlikely for Homika to use it early on; Whirlipede would be easy to take down.
    I think it's the leveling thing that makes people skeptical about Garbodor. We've had leaders with underlevled pokemon before, but it still seems like whirlipede would be more likely, due to her guitar and that it's kind of a stretch to have a pokemon that is supposed to evolve at level 36 be only on the second gym.
    Falkner had a Pigeotto at level 9. Being ~10 levels below isn't unheard of. Misty's Starmie was mid-20's so the level range isnt that bad.

  6. #591

    Default Re: Black & White 2 Character Discussion Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Fair Verona View Post
    I think it's the leveling thing that makes people skeptical about Garbodor. We've had leaders with underlevled pokemon before, but it still seems like whirlipede would be more likely, due to her guitar and that it's kind of a stretch to have a pokemon that is supposed to evolve at level 36 be only on the second gym.
    I think that the guitar comparison is a little out there, but if anything Homika should use a Scolipede despite the level, since the difficulty is more important than a relatively minor detail. But I also think that Arbok, Nidoqueen or Seviper would work well if Game Freak wanted to use legal levels (Ekans evolves at level 22 and Nidorina is available at level 16 and can evolve at any time).

  7. #592
    Afro Break Down! SirOni's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Yes
    Posts
    898
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: Black & White 2 Character Discussion Thread

    The second badge looks a little like Garbodor's arm.
    Caro: 0774-4484-9102


    IGN: Antonio

    URPG:http://bmgf.bulbagarden.net/f401/cerony-urpg-66373/

  8. #593
    Onduru ruragittan disukaa Garren's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    5,089
    Blog Entries
    381

    Default Re: Black & White 2 Character Discussion Thread

    To be fair, neither Scyther, Starmie, nor Roserade are under-leveled, as you can acquire all of them at level 1...

    But I do agree that Garbodor isn't that weird when compared to them, under-leveled or not. He actually has less BST than all of them by a noticeable amount, so he's not broken.
    Yu-Gi-Oh!
    Duel Monsters Sengoku!

    An original Yu-Gi-Oh Fanfic! Join Yuto Masamune and his Imperial Monster Patch-Eye Dragon as they take on Sengoku Academy!

    Current Chapter -Turn 2: One-Eyed Duelist, One-Eyed Dragon! Impress Summon, [Patch-Eye Dragon]!

    Yuto continues his Duel against Shisa, a delinquent who calls himself a "Chain Duelist!". Just then, as Shisa's strong offense and defense overwhelms Yuto, a new type of summon occurs!

  9. #594
    comfy Yadon's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    England
    Posts
    9,000
    Blog Entries
    155

    Default Re: Black & White 2 Character Discussion Thread

    Well, HG/SS were full with underlevelled pokemon (I ran into a Lv.16 Hypno the other day, for example) and Ghetsis also had his infamous Hydreigon in BW (there's also Iris and Drayden with underlevelled Haxorus amongst others). I wouldn't consider being underlevelled an argument against her having a Garbodor. And like you say, it's not as fast or strong as Starmie, Roserade or Scyther, so it being too powerful for a second gym isn't exactly an argument either.

    I'd wager my bets on Koffing + Garbodor, personally. While yes, she does have a Venipede family-themed guitar, I don't exactly understand why that means she has to have one of them on her team (then again, I was the one saying that just because there's a Koffing sign in the background doesn't mean she'll use a Koffing).

    I also don't like the repetitiveness of Burgh having a Whirlipede in BW and then Homika having a Whirlipede in B2W2, but then again, Koga and Janine shared some pokemon iirc, so whatever. Seviper would be another good choice over Garbodor, but I would like at least one pokemon on her team to be from Unova.

    Maybe she'll end up having three pokemon, like the anime, and that picture we saw was just an early screen.

    Calling Toxic Spikes and Venoshock as her strategy with Garbodor, and her giving the Venoshock TM when we win.

    Edit: Wow, I didn't realise I did a tl;dr :<
    Last edited by Yadon; 30th May 2012 at 06:32 AM. Reason: janine not jasmine lol

  10. #595
    ORAS! The_Doctor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    On the HYPE TRAIN!
    Posts
    1,198

    Default Re: Black & White 2 Character Discussion Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Zeb View Post
    Maybe she'll end up having three pokemon, like the anime, and that picture we saw was just an early screen.
    I kind of doubt that she will get three pokemon. Although I would like for that to happen because I'd like a little more challenge, I don't see it happening. But if it does, you called it. :D

    I'm still thinking that she will have Koffing and Scolipede/Whirlipede. As for Garbodor, maybe. But I think Koffing and Scolipede/Whirlipede would work well, or she could have Scolipede/Whirlipede and Garbodor, but that seems unlikely.
    My Current (and tentative) Planned Main Team for my Alpha Sapphire League Challenge:

  11. #596
    comfy Yadon's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    England
    Posts
    9,000
    Blog Entries
    155

    Default Re: Black & White 2 Character Discussion Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by The_Doctor View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeb View Post
    Maybe she'll end up having three pokemon, like the anime, and that picture we saw was just an early screen.
    I kind of doubt that she will get three pokemon. Although I would like for that to happen because I'd like a little more challenge, I don't see it happening. But if it does, you called it. :D
    Well Gardenia, Bugsy and Brawly (Emerald) all had three pokemon iirc, so it wouldn't be unheard of for a second gym.

    Though I do think it's probably a little too close to the game's release (or it was when the screen was first shown) for them to be making any changes like that anyway. I think gym teams will have been properly decided upon earlier.

  12. #597

    Default Re: Black & White 2 Character Discussion Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by FairyRed View Post
    What is it even supposed to be? D: It's very hard to tell what shape that badge is in that comic.
    Looks like poisonous bubbles to me.

  13. #598
    comfy Yadon's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    England
    Posts
    9,000
    Blog Entries
    155

    Default Re: Black & White 2 Character Discussion Thread





    Yeah, the bottom looks like it's made up of four/five poisonous bubbles. Not sure what the big circle-thing at top part is supposed to be. Maybe a skull and crossbones shape like someone suggested earlier.

  14. #599
    Bulbapedia Administrator Force Fire's Avatar Bulbapedia Staff
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    2,381
    Blog Entries
    111

    Default Re: Black & White 2 Character Discussion Thread

    Maybe an even bigger bubble? lame, i know, but it was the first thing that came to mind

    Team Black


    Team White



  15. #600
    Not even my final form GreatLiver's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Straight Outta Africa
    Posts
    3,197

    Default Re: Black & White 2 Character Discussion Thread

    Yeah, that clearer picture of it doesn't make it look like a skull, since it seems to be a perfect circle without like teeth on the bottom, and there seems to be just one circle inside it. Kinda weird with the crossbones though.

Page 40 of 94 FirstFirst ... 3038394041425090 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •