Character Discussion Thread - Page 32

Page 32 of 94 FirstFirst ... 2230313233344282 ... LastLast
Results 466 to 480 of 1408
Like Tree602Likes

Thread: Character Discussion Thread

  1. #466
    Registered User The Outrage's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    12,179
    Blog Entries
    953

    Default Re: Black & White 2 Character Discussion Thread

    At the very least, the new rival seems to have a better motive for strength than Cheren did (which seemed like he was only trying to be the Champion just so he could say he's the best). I think the rival, while having a noble motive, would have a misguided view on what strength is, and therefore not respect Cheren at first.

  2. #467
    ポケモンマスター Monster Mijumaru's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    57
    Follow Monster Mijumaru On Twitter

    Default Re: Black & White 2 Character Discussion Thread

    I'm really excited to see Iris' new design. I loved Bianca's and Cheren's was awesome too.

    I'm hoping Iris may get bumped up to Elite Four Member, I think it'd be cool to see her in a position like that. Drayden could look after the gym while Iris is the champion
    투 애니원 likes this.
    Below are links for anybody that wants to Pre-order the Japanese Versions of BW2!

    Pokemon Black 2 Japanese link:
    http://www.play-asia.com/SOap-23-28-change_language-83-cw8g-71-9g-49-en-84-j-70-4k9k.html*

    Pokemon White 2 Japanese Link:
    http://www.play-asia.com/SOap-23-28-change_language-83-cw8g-71-9g-49-en-84-j-70-4k9j.html


    People who disconnect when you're beating them in Random Matches need to be Volt Tackled in the shins.

  3. #468
    (-, - )…zzzZZZ Reila's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    4,370
    Blog Entries
    59

    Default Re: Black & White 2 Character Discussion Thread

    Iris as the champion would make the world explode.
    There is a lot of hate regarding this character.

    But you know what? I would so love to see her as a champion or at least as a Elite Four.

  4. #469
    ポケモンマスター Monster Mijumaru's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    57
    Follow Monster Mijumaru On Twitter

    Default Re: Black & White 2 Character Discussion Thread

    Really? I didn't know there was so much hate towards her haha. I think she'd make an interesting Elite four member.

    As for champion something inside me tells me maybe it could be Akuroma. Only because we see him in the world tournament and he researches Pokémon strength, so it'd make sense if all his Pokémon were strong. Also he seems to be heavily involved with the plot and a lot of people have been saying they want the Elite four/Champion to get more involved before we battle them.

    I agree, as it only makes them much more fun to battle when we know a bit about them and their character.
    Below are links for anybody that wants to Pre-order the Japanese Versions of BW2!

    Pokemon Black 2 Japanese link:
    http://www.play-asia.com/SOap-23-28-change_language-83-cw8g-71-9g-49-en-84-j-70-4k9k.html*

    Pokemon White 2 Japanese Link:
    http://www.play-asia.com/SOap-23-28-change_language-83-cw8g-71-9g-49-en-84-j-70-4k9j.html


    People who disconnect when you're beating them in Random Matches need to be Volt Tackled in the shins.

  5. #470
    (-, - )…zzzZZZ Reila's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    4,370
    Blog Entries
    59

    Default Re: Black & White 2 Character Discussion Thread

    I am bit off of discussions regarding characters, but when Black and White was released back in 2010, I remember facing many bad comments about her.
    Maybe this changed, I dunno.

    Akuroma as the new champion would be nice too! He has a interesting character design and well, I am not a big fan of Alder, I think he was a big let down compared with Cynthia and Steven Stone. And I have a crazy theory: Since Cheren is now the Normal Type Gym Leader, maybe Lenora is the new champion! Something like Wallace/Juan case in Hoenn.

  6. #471
    Who am I? Joshawott's Avatar Forum Head
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Cambridge, UK
    Posts
    11,005
    Blog Entries
    15
    Follow Joshawott On Twitter
    Follow Joshawott on Tumblr Visit Joshawott's Youtube Channel

    Default Re: Black & White 2 Character Discussion Thread

    I'm guessing Hilda and Hilbert will be the champions depending on the gender of your character (or depending on the version you're playing). Or at the very least, I'd like to see them appear post-game, like Red in GSC/HGSS.

  7. #472
    ポケモンマスター Monster Mijumaru's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    57
    Follow Monster Mijumaru On Twitter

    Default Re: Black & White 2 Character Discussion Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Nyarlathotep View Post
    I am bit off of discussions regarding characters, but when Black and White was released back in 2010, I remember facing many bad comments about her.
    Maybe this changed, I dunno.

    Akuroma as the new champion would be nice too! He has a interesting character design and well, I am not a big fan of Alder, I think he was a big let down compared with Cynthia and Steven Stone. And I have a crazy theory: Since Cheren is now the Normal Type Gym Leader, maybe Lenora is the new champion! Something like Wallace/Juan case in Hoenn.
    Oh I see, I wasn't really active on any forums at that time haha. I'm shocked though I think Iris is a pretty cool character.

    I don't think Alder was as bad as what everybody thinks, but I do agree he could have been better. He seems to make some kind of a return in BW2, so maybe he can redeem himself here. He seems like the type that will guide and help the character throughout the game.

    Ah, I've heard a theory about Lenora being an elite 4 member, but not Champion! That is crazy, but interesting nonetheless. Although I myself believe that she may just be running her museum full-time, or maybe she is in another region, like Kanto doing research on other prehistoric Pokémon. That way if she makes her way back to the Unova region, we may get a mention of Brock before he see him at the World Tournament.

    Quote Originally Posted by Joshawott View Post
    I'm guessing Hilda and Hilbert will be the champions depending on the gender of your character (or depending on the version you're playing). Or at the very least, I'd like to see them appear post-game, like Red in GSC/HGSS.
    Ah, I'm not sure I'd like that too much. Maybe if it happened I'd change my mind, but I'm worried about how they will handle their team exactly. But I would really like to see what both Hilda and Hilbert look like now, also their reaction to the new Heroes of Unova haha. I also like a champion that speaks, and we know Hilda and Hilbert as silent characters, so it'd seem odd.
    Below are links for anybody that wants to Pre-order the Japanese Versions of BW2!

    Pokemon Black 2 Japanese link:
    http://www.play-asia.com/SOap-23-28-change_language-83-cw8g-71-9g-49-en-84-j-70-4k9k.html*

    Pokemon White 2 Japanese Link:
    http://www.play-asia.com/SOap-23-28-change_language-83-cw8g-71-9g-49-en-84-j-70-4k9j.html


    People who disconnect when you're beating them in Random Matches need to be Volt Tackled in the shins.

  8. #473
    El_
    El_ is offline
    Registered User El_'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    N's Puzzle Cube
    Posts
    1,440
    Blog Entries
    5

    Default Re: Black & White 2 Character Discussion Thread

    Hilda/Hilbert should be the Champion IMO. That would be a good position and treatment for the hero of Unova.

    On the Iris topic, its her anime self that isn't well received, not the game counterpart. I see no reason whatsoever to dislike ingame Iris, who actually seems pretty fun. I think that if they were going to bump up any Gym Leader to E4 or Champion status then it should be Drayden, however due to the very likely version difference of Opulucid City, both Iris/Drayden need to stay right where they are as version exclusive Gym Leaders.

    N set by smalllady
    Ideals/Truth

  9. #474
    ポケモンマスター Monster Mijumaru's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    57
    Follow Monster Mijumaru On Twitter

    Default Re: Black & White 2 Character Discussion Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by El_ View Post
    Hilda/Hilbert should be the Champion IMO. That would be a good position and treatment for the hero of Unova.

    On the Iris topic, its her anime self that isn't well received, not the game counterpart. I see no reason whatsoever to dislike ingame Iris, who actually seems pretty fun. I think that if they were going to bump up any Gym Leader to E4 or Champion status then it should be Drayden, however due to the very likely version difference of Opulucid City, both Iris/Drayden need to stay right where they are as version exclusive Gym Leaders.
    Saying that, the Heroes of Sinnoh aren't the champions, Cynthia is. I don't think Hilbert/Hilda would want to be champions, they seem more like the type to travel and have adventures. But that is just my opinion anyway.

    And oh the anime counterpart would make sense, but still she's not all that bad then. I see what you mean, perhaps we could have Drayden battleable in White 2 and Iris in Black 2, so that they are reversed, that way everyone will get to battle both of them. Whatever happens to Iris, I'm super excited to see her new design!
    Below are links for anybody that wants to Pre-order the Japanese Versions of BW2!

    Pokemon Black 2 Japanese link:
    http://www.play-asia.com/SOap-23-28-change_language-83-cw8g-71-9g-49-en-84-j-70-4k9k.html*

    Pokemon White 2 Japanese Link:
    http://www.play-asia.com/SOap-23-28-change_language-83-cw8g-71-9g-49-en-84-j-70-4k9j.html


    People who disconnect when you're beating them in Random Matches need to be Volt Tackled in the shins.

  10. #475
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    146

    Visit Kwame120's Youtube Channel

    Default Re: Black & White 2 Character Discussion Thread

    I think we could have Iris as an Elite 4 Member. I don't think it will happen, but wishful thinking. It could happen, because they could do something similar to RS / E, and have her and Drayden as alternating members, which would be awesome. And with Champion, I have no idea, but an idea (contradicting myself here) is that it could be Marshal, as he was Alder's apprentice. I think it's possible that we could get Hilda/bert, as this is a direct sequel, so many things could change.

  11. #476
    真実の英雄 smalllady's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Gender
    Female
    Location
    Nuvema Town
    Posts
    1,359
    Blog Entries
    4

    Default Re: Black & White 2 Character Discussion Thread

    I second the idea that Hilbert/Hilda should be the champion of Unova in B2/W2. Although now I'm not so sure that they're actually featured in this month's Coro Coro. Maybe they don't want to spoil this bit of information just yet, if it turns out to be true.

    Claims: , , Turboblaze, Fusion Flare ➝ icon/banner ★ pixiv

  12. #477
    From Leyend to Myth Infinity Mk-II's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Gender
    Female
    Location
    In the wind
    Posts
    1,383
    Blog Entries
    7

    Default Re: Black & White 2 Character Discussion Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by The Outrage View Post
    At the very least, the new rival seems to have a better motive for strength than Cheren did (which seemed like he was only trying to be the Champion just so he could say he's the best). I think the rival, while having a noble motive, would have a misguided view on what strength is, and therefore not respect Cheren at first.
    I think the rival is like, "has a heart and noble ideas, but a douche". So most likely he wouldn't repsect Cheren precisely because he thinks that having a noble motive allows him to be an ass.
    Basically somewhere between Blue who was just a playful sort of douche, and Silver who was bitter and angry with the world.

    In that regard, I guess he is the opposite of Cheren. Cheren had an stupid motivation, but was generally nice to others.

    [/overexposition]

  13. #478
    (-, - )…zzzZZZ Reila's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    4,370
    Blog Entries
    59

    Default Re: Black & White 2 Character Discussion Thread

    White/Black being the Champion is the best idea, but I think is very unlikely due to she/he being a silent protagonist.

    My best guesses:

    1 - One of the previous Elite Fours
    2 - One of the previous Gym Leaders
    3 - Alder again
    4 - White/Black
    5 - Myself lol

    Quote Originally Posted by El_ View Post
    however due to the very likely version difference of Opulucid City, both Iris/Drayden need to stay right where they are as version exclusive Gym Leaders.
    They can be version exclusive Elite Fours.

    Quote Originally Posted by kwame120 View Post
    it could be Marshal, as he was Alder's apprentice. I think it's possible that we could get Hilda/bert, as this is a direct sequel, so many things could change.
    I like this. Marshal as champion would be good, better than a silent protagonist as Champion.

    Marshal is like a evolved version of Cheren's past self.
    He seeks for more and more power, a champion with this kind of attitude would be interesting.

  14. #479
    真実の英雄 smalllady's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Gender
    Female
    Location
    Nuvema Town
    Posts
    1,359
    Blog Entries
    4

    Default Re: Black & White 2 Character Discussion Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Nyarlathotep View Post
    White/Black being the Champion is the best idea, but I think is very unlikely due to she/he being a silent protagonist.
    I don't think they would have too much trouble giving them a canon personality for B2/W2.

    Claims: , , Turboblaze, Fusion Flare ➝ icon/banner ★ pixiv

  15. #480
    (-, - )…zzzZZZ Reila's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    4,370
    Blog Entries
    59

    Default Re: Black & White 2 Character Discussion Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by smalllady View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyarlathotep View Post
    White/Black being the Champion is the best idea, but I think is very unlikely due to she/he being a silent protagonist.
    I don't think they would have too much trouble giving them a canon personality for B2/W2.
    I agree, if they want, they can easily do it.

    But on other hand, they could have given a personality for Red too and they didn't.

Page 32 of 94 FirstFirst ... 2230313233344282 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •