Character Discussion Thread - Page 3

Page 3 of 94 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast
Like Tree602Likes

Thread: Character Discussion Thread

Default Professor Akuroma

Who do you think this guy is? Will he be apart of Team Plasma? Will he be the main antagonist, or do you simply think he will just be there to distract us from the real antagonist?

One new thing we can say, is that he is NOT the starter professor as Sunyshore picked up Coro Coro and posted this on twitter:
    560012687.jpg

He is introducing himself in some random place and not at the start of the game, so I wonder who will be the starting professor?

MOD
    EDIT: The Akuroma thread has been merged in with this thread, since he's also a character. The first post of the character discussion thread has been pushed down since the Akuroma thread was created first. Here's the first post of the old thread (sorry Outrage):

Quote Originally Posted by The Outrage View Post
    ライバル|『ポケットモンスターブラック2・ホワイト2』公式サイト

The characters seem to be discussed diffusely around the forum along with other topics, so I'm just making this thread for us to discuss them more in general. Anyone willing to translate to see if anything's new?

Rival

I google translated the name, apparently it just says rival? Does this mean we name him?

Akuroma
    Nothing immediately new pops up for him here.

Homika
    Again, nothing we already don't know. It would be nice though if there were new trainer sprites based on musicians and those trainer classes were Homika's gym trainers. There does seem to be a trainer to the right of Homika with her back facing you.

Shizui
    I think the one interesting thing revealed here is that Shizui is encountered in a town that seems reminiscent of Pacifidlog, or at least part of the city is built on the ocean since the water to the right seems shallow. I'd much rather he had two artworks: one with a tan for the summer months, one without a tan when its colder.
    http://bmgf.bulbagarden.net/f650/black-white-2-character-discussion-thread-130704/
    Last edited by Zeb; 20th April 2012 at 07:27 AM.

Default Re: Professor Akuroma

Probably part of Team Plasma, and as such an antagonist. Just compare the Plasma emblem to the colors on his clothes... Not to mention the obviously evil name.

I want to know which Pokemon he claims to have created. Is it Kyurem-B/W, or Genesect?
    Robo-Floatzel likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Zistal View Post
    Probably part of Team Plasma, and as such an antagonist. Just compare the Plasma emblem to the colors on his clothes... Not to mention the obviously evil name.

I want to know which Pokemon he claims to have created. Is it Kyurem-B/W, or Genesect?
    According to sunyshore who got Coro Coro today and was able to see the writing better, he actually created an item and not a Pokemon which is interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by P0kelegend View Post
    According to sunyshore who got Coro Coro today and was able to see the writing better, he actually created an item and not a Pokemon which is interesting.
    Huh.

Wonder what the item does... I also wonder how a mistranslation like that could have happened. Maybe the scan wasn't clear enough?

Onduru ruragittan disukaa Garren's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I think it's related to the notebook he's carrying in his artwork, too.

Was there any suspicious notebooks lying around the P2 Laboratory in Black and White?

Visit Rocky505's Youtube Channel

Maybe the item changes Kyurem's formes. Or a one of the cassette items for Genesect. But yeah This guy has evil written all over him.
    himanuts likes this.

Magical Girl Shiny Celebi's Avatar Super Moderator
    Blog Entries
    Follow Shiny Celebi On Twitter
    Follow Shiny Celebi on Tumblr

This guy does have a kind of mad scientist thing going on, I wonder if he is related to Team Plasma in any way?

Blog Entries

Are we sure that isn't near the beginning of the game? Rowan wasn't exactly from Twinleaf town.

Quote Originally Posted by P0kelegend View Post

Willing to bet that item lets a Pokemon use its hidden ability when they hold it.

Blog Entries

Default Re: Revealed Gym Leaders Thread: Nay or Yay?

Mostly neutral with Shizui; those untanned parts just look weird. He should be fully dark-skinned.
    Well, there is a lot of people like him in real life. I see no problem with his untanned parts.

remember me jda95's Avatar Moderator
    Blog Entries

Follow jda95 on Tumblr

Please note that Achroma has never been referred to as "Professor" - we know he's a researcher, but any other thing suggesting his role as a regional professor is conjectural at this point.

But yeah, I suspect he has a role as the leader of a new Team Plasma group, possibly similar to the Team Rocket we saw in Johto, with an obvious link to Kyurem somewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by Quattro ~ Bajeena View Post
    I think it's related to the notebook he's carrying in his artwork, too.

Was there any suspicious notebooks lying around the P2 Laboratory in Black and White?
    There were some papers on the wall behind the computer, and some books next to it. IIRC if you try to read the book you'll get a short memo about Genesect's development that ends before saying its name.

I was hoping we'd get a professor who turned evil this time around... I guess that isn't something they'd want to do though.

Really hope he's involved in somehow getting access to the hidden abilities in game.

Starters of choice.
    Claimed Volcarona on 03/04/12.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Nyarlathotep View Post
    Mostly neutral with Shizui; those untanned parts just look weird. He should be fully dark-skinned.
    Well, there is a lot of people like him in real life. I see no problem with his untanned parts.
    The untanned parts are usually a result of clothes covering his body. His entire torso is tanned except for a small part right above his pants. How did that not get tanned? Then there's his feet. maybe tan lines in the shape of sandals, but his feet are just white. Why is a person who walks around shirtless all day wearing sandals unable to fully tan the exposed parts of his body.

That's what's bothering me. That and the contrast between the dark and light parts of his skin, implying he does actually go out to tan (you don't get that dark on a casual walk) yet he can't manage to tan his entire body completely. To me, the only parts that should be that white are the parts seen only in the darkest corners of the shipping fandom.

Blog Entries

Homika is downright "kawaii". Shame she's only got two pokes (with the only good 5th gen poison one being Foongus) and you probably won't get to refight her. Really don't care for Shizui being ambiguously and inconsistently brown and super metrosexual.

Quote Originally Posted by Karpi View Post
    Hardly. We have Seismitoad, Jellicent, and Alomomola. Then Basculin, which is retarded, the water starter, and the water monkey. Compare that to 3rd gen, where there are a HUGE number of water pokemon and all of them are at least interesting.

But on the bright side, Psyduck, Lapras, and Vaporeon are guaranteed to return from the photos, as well as (i assume) Tentacool, Magikarp, and Goldeen. Additionally, Feebas is highly likely to return, and this is going out on a limb, but Poliwag might be in the game due to the whole Drizzle thing.
    ECKS DEE ECKS DEE at the bolded part. You also forgot Tirtouga and since Shizui will probably be one of the earlier ones, that's really enough.
    geek logic exposed

Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄ƷAll hail King Neptune and his water breathersƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ

Visit Rocky505's Youtube Channel

Homika's Pokemon have a good chance of being Venipede and Koffing. Venipede do to her guitar design and Koffing as it is seen right behind her and the PC as their battle starts.

Page 3 of 94 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast