Character Discussion Thread - Page 29
Page 29 of 94 FirstFirst ... 1927282930313979 ... LastLast

Thread: Character Discussion Thread

Onduru ruragittan disukaa Garren's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Black & White 2 Character Discussion Thread

Well, I think that the facility may be canon within the plot, but also have a non-canon post-plot as well involving the past Gym Leaders.

I'm going with that idea myself atm.

Quote Originally Posted by smalllady View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by PDL View Post
    Something just occurred to me though. Perhaps you really aren't fighting these gym leaders and champions themselves, but AIs and holograms of them. "Simulations" so to speak. It might be crazy, but the Pokémon World does have access to this kind of technology.
    I was literally about to post something like this just now lol.

Except I was thinking more along the lines of the Final Fantasy XIII-2 DLC Coliseum Battles, if anyone is familiar with those. The world tournament isn't DLC so just ignore that part. In some of the battles, you get to battle some of the characters from XIII. It's not really the character themselves, but rather their essence that you are battling, and it doesn't affect canon at all.

So I thought maybe this world tournament thing is sort of like that, and there is no canon involved. The only doubt I have is that Akuroma shows up at this facility, so this facility might not be able to be canon-free, if you will.
    Or like the digital Holo matches in Pokemon XD.

I would think they would have mentioned the trainers merely being holograms. This would conflict with what Cynthia said about a gathering of champions, as well.

Cheren and Bianca will probably not only interact with each other in Hiougi City, but also with the new rival.

Blog Entries

Oops I totally forgot about Cynthia saying that. Oh well.

Claims: , , Turboblaze, Fusion Flare ➝ icon/banner ★ pixiv

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by The Outrage View Post
    (seems like we forgot this amongst all the 'Akuroma is evil' debacle)
    Maybe the people the own the facility (or Cynthia if she owns it) just don't care. XD

But seriously, I can infer only two things:

- The climax or a major part of the plot will take place at the World Tournament.
    - Akuroma is not really a completely bad guy, but more along the line of what N was in BW, or at least redeemable or just morally grey.

I'm personally hoping for both.

N set by smalllady
    Ideals/Truth

you boo-boo Ivysaur's Avatar Moderator
    Blog Entries

I'm glad that I was right about the head of the Pokemon Academy also doubling as a Gym Leader; the only thing I find odd is that we can see in one of the scans that we get our first Gym Badge from Cheren outside, meaning this'll be the first Gym Battle to take place outside a Gym (unless Cheren simply withholds the badge from you until later, ala Clair, but I doubt that'll happen).

Anyway, I'm perfectly fine with Cheren being the first Gym Leader, even a Normal-type one; it's just that there are so many more interesting Normal-types he could use than a freaking Patrat, who we're bound to run into countless freaking times anyway. So unoriginal.

The World Champion thing bugs me. Re-using old sprites is incredibly lazy on their part. It's been at least ten years since HGSS; I know we may as well regard the whole thing as non-canon or whatever, but it's still going to annoy the hell out of me that it's been supposedly at least a decade since we last saw most of these leaders and aesthetically, they haven't changed at all.

Given that this encompasses Leaders and Elite Four member from all the regions, I wonder if it'll also include the Unova Leaders. If so, since this appears to be a Battle Dome kind of thing in which we receive no experience, it basically rules out HGSS/Platinum-esque Gym Leader rematches for experience.
    say goodbye to sunshine, sunshine

In glorious technicolor The Outrage's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Somehow I feel like Cheren's actual gym is somewhere else and you get to battle him first because he traveled there...

So crazy Idea coming along :
    what if Cheren decides to travel through Unova after we defeat him! We restart his flame and make him go on a new journey!

Just a thought!

Blog Entries

Cheren's location is likely in some part of the academy we haven't seen yet, like its back lot or something.
    "Funneh bunneh and the dammut Bahamut go on an adventure!"-Chespin Circa 2009

I sure was funner back then, possibly even stupider....

Quote Originally Posted by Eneci View Post
    So crazy Idea coming along :
    what if Cheren decides to travel through Unova after we defeat him! We restart his flame and make him go on a new journey!

Just a thought!
    This would screw his character development .

Being the first Gym Leader shows that he grew up and doesn't care only about strength anymore.

My speculation may be crazy.
    I think Akuroma is the new Unova's Champion, but he is also part of the Neo Team Plasma along with Gethis. Neo Team plasma is the black team we saw in the first trailer. Then, there're also the BW's Team plasma, who search for N, led by the 6 sages, Anthea and Concordia. Why ? Because N is the only one who can defeat Gethis. With the climax, we'll fight against the champion Akuroma. After the end, Goyah becomes Champion again.
    TwinleafShipper Fan

I like that theory, and not only because it would explain Akuroma's presence in the World Tournament. My own theory about Akuroma is that he is Ghetsis' true heir, with N merely having been a puppet. If so, it would make sense for Akuroma to become the Unova Champion the same way N did. He could either be the champion to begin with but wouldn't tell that to the player, or he could defeat Hilbert/Hilda by cheating - having Kyurem absorb the energy of their dragon.

Blog Entries

Bianca, why'd you take Cheren's glasses?

Cheren, why'd you become so weak?
    I get you stopped caring about strength, but you always need at least some.

Onduru ruragittan disukaa Garren's Avatar
    Blog Entries

So, I'm wondering, if Cynthia is off running around Unova and setting up this league tournament, could Volkner possibly have become the Sinnoh Champion in her stead? He was contemplating challenging the Elite Four after all...

(although he apparently went through the Unova E4 as well if Shauntal is any indication)

Although I dislike Volkner as a character, the idea of him being the new Sinnoh Champion is very possible.

Did they mention something about the Elite Four members participating of this tournament?
    Or only the Gym Leaders and Champions will be present?

It would be nice to see the Frontier Brains too. I miss Darach, Torthon, Dahlia and Palmer.

Page 29 of 94 FirstFirst ... 1927282930313979 ... LastLast