Which Champion was the easiest/hardest to beat? - Page 4

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Which Champion was the easiest/hardest to beat?

Blog Entries

Default Re: Which Champion was the easiest/hardest to beat?

Easiest: Adler and Blue. Adler had bad coverage, using three Pokemon that were the Bug-type, and his moves weren't super powerful. My Emboar alone decimated him. It was almost pure child's play. Blue was also easy. Just had to know when to swap out for the right battle situation, but, again, that was easy enough to do.

Hardest: Wallace and Cynthia. Wallace in Emerald was a pain first time around. The only Pokemon I had that could effectively fight him was a Manectric, so in order to mitigate that, I traded over a Treeko from another version and raised it up to a Secptile. Barely got through that one, though.

However, Cynthia was, by far, the toughest Champion of them all. She had almost perfect, if not perfect balance, the ability to mitigate her weaknesses with almost ridiculous ease, perfect IVs, near perfect stats and moves, and her levels were almost astronomical at that time. Considering the level gap between the E4 and Gym #8, I spent a goodly amount of time training in Victory Road just to try to match those levels, let alone trump them. She was definitely the champion of champions, and still is. Her Platinum team was probably her best team for her gen, though her Gen V team is also a royal pain. I struggled against her, especially her Spiritomb, Milotic and, of course, Garchomp. When I first beat her, I was like, "Wow... I actually won. I didn't know if I could do it, but I actually beat her." So, Cynthia deserves the crown for strongest, and toughest, Champion in the Pokemon Universe.
    Best Game Characters of all Time: Ryu 3, Nina 3, Ryu 2, Nina 2, Rei, Ratchet, Talwyn, Princess Pride, Megaman.EXE, Elecman.EXE, Bass. EXE, Tails, Geo, Sonia, Pit

Best Anime Characters of all Time: Van, Fiona, Irvine, Cynthia, Yugi, Tea, Joey, Dark Magician Girl, Kuriboh, Yuma, Astral, Number 39: Utopia, May, Inuyasha, Miroku, Sango

I apply Felix's Law: "Smile, tomorrow could be worse."

Blog Entries
    Follow Blue Dragon On Twitter
    Follow Blue Dragon on Tumblr

I would probably say Blue, Cynthia, and Lance were the hardest for me. It's not that they were that difficult in the general story mode gameplay, but I had the most trouble with them out of all the Champions.

Blue was a challenge back in Red and Blue probably because they were the first Pokemon games I played and I was a lot younger, so I didn't know what to expect.

Cynthia I would say because of her varying types and somewhat tricky strategy.

Lance may have had a major ice and rock weakness, but his Pokemon just had that raw power, which threw me off guard in a way.

Follow theRagingEwok On Twitter

easiest: wallace
    hardest: cynthia

Easiest - Alder
    Hardest - Lance

El_
    Blog Entries

If I had to rate each one:

High:
    Cynthia - Easily the toughest. Best and most balanced team, and her levels being so high makes the battle very difficult.

------

Medium:
    Steven - He had a pretty good team, definitely stronger than Wallace.
    Lance/Iris - I'm putting these two together because due to their type focus they basically have the exact same difficulty lol Lance was actually very hard for me back in the old G/S/C days... but now that I know what I'm actually doing he isn't that hard anymore. Iris was pretty good, but I didn't have much trouble with her, not even with Haxorus.

------

Easy:
    Blue - Is only ever a pain when I'm under leveled, otherwise super effective hits take him out nicely.
    Alder - Hes not so bad, but only his Volcarona is really a threat, which is the main reason that hes higher than Wallace.
    Wallace - Definitely the easiest. Mono water just isn't challenging for a champion, not even his Milotic was that much of a threat, certainly not as much as Cynthia's was.

N set by smalllady
    Ideals/Truth

Blog Entries

The easiest was either Blue or Iris, the hardest was definitely Shirona.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234