Which Champion was the easiest/hardest to beat? - Page 3

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Which Champion was the easiest/hardest to beat?

Arms... like... nooodles! The Togekiss's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Follow The Togekiss on Tumblr

Default Re: Which Champion was the easiest/hardest to beat?

Beating Iris in White 2 was a breeze. My Samurott and Jellicent completely dominated her entire team, along with the rest of the E4

The hardest for me was Wallace. My team had only one high-leveled pokemon, which was my Swampert, The redt of my team was horribly underleveled. and all my attacks weren't very effective against water types. it look me at least 3 tries to beat him.
    and I think Cynthia was pretty hard for me as well.

My deviantArt account... http://thetogekiss.deviantart.com/
    Claimed: Togekiss (yay!) ,Oblivious, Pokeradar,and Razor Fang! July 8th, 2012, Air Slash July 20th, 2012

Blog Entries

Cynthia was by far the toughest Champion - she's got the most balanced team of all the Champions, and the level disparity was so bad that type advantage didn't even matter.

And Lance was a pushover - so many 4x weaknesses it's not even funny, all you need is to have one Ice-type with an edge on the Speed stat and you'll be laughing into the Hall of Fame.

Ranma ½, Maison Ikkoku and now TORADORA! fan.

3DS FC: 2938-6903-6577

C-3

Easiest: Wallace
    Hardest: Cynthia

Moderator Hidden Mew's Avatar Forum Head

Cynthia was definitely one of the harder Champions to take down. It wasn't just her Garchomp, but also her Milotic that gave me problems. Plus, she does have one of the more well balanced team among Champions, so that makes her a bit more of a challenge. I think that Lance was also pretty hard, at least in the original G/S/C games, since I remember needing a couple of tries against Lance before being able to defeat him. Though, it probably helps that Silver was my first Pokemon game and I didn't have any Ice types for his Dragonite.

Blue was also one of the easier Champions for me. By the time you face him, you pretty much know what he's going to use, so there's not much that can really surprise you. Alder was also pretty easy. It was only with my Serperior against his Bug Pokemon when I'd got into a bit of trouble, but considering the rest of my Pokemon in my White team, that wasn't much of a problem. As for Iris, I really didn't think she was that difficult at all. My Emboar, Mamoswine and Lucario could take down her Pokemon fairly easily, although defeating her Haxorus took a bit longer than I thought it would. Still, I'd probably consider her somewhere in the middle of not being too difficult, but not being too easy to take down either.

remember me jda95's Avatar Moderator
    Blog Entries

Follow jda95 on Tumblr

Blue was probably the easiest for me. Sure, his Pokemon are undoubtedly strong, but in the end they could easily be taken out by a full team of decent levels and type coverage. It was a bit of an anticlimactic battle in my opinion.

And hardest of course has to go to Cynthia. They all had really strong type coverage and of course those maximum IVs that aren't seen anywhere else in the game make every single Pokemon pack a serious punch. I remember resorting to using a strategy of Explosion, Max Revive, and Explosion to take out her Garchomp. >.>

Woah, you went to use Explosion + Max Revive? Yikes.

Cynthia is fun to play against now since my Diamond game is 5 years old, haha. But she is still tough, even to lv 100s.

For me in terms of experience, Blue was the hardest. Mostly because he was the first Champion I had ever battled. I don't remember soft resetting so many times in my Poke-experience. That and I still had a Bulbasaur, because I didn't want to evolve it. :"D (I think I might retry that. Bulbsasaur solo run lol)
    But otherwise each Champion is tough in their own way. Cynthia has always had the best teams, perfectly balanced and trained.

Smile~

Follow towny On Twitter Add towny on Google+
    Visit towny's Youtube Channel

I found Cynthia to be the easiest mainly because of the rediculous amount of time I spent on Diamond training.
    Steam: towny
    Refferal Link: http://bmgf.bulbagarden.net/forum.php?referrerid=63919

Master of Ghosts......... Gengarzilla's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Follow Gengarzilla on Tumblr Visit Gengarzilla's Youtube Channel

I found Iris to be the easiest to beat. The team of Samurott, Chandelure, Durant, Metagross, Gengar, and Aerodactyl overpowered her team without any major problems.

As for the hardest, it would have to be a tie between Lance and Wallace,
    I have claimed the Spell Tag and Kasib Berry, along with Adaptability and Shadow Ball. I have also claimed Gastly.

If you think Nintendo need to sue PETA up the ass for making Pokemon Black and Blue, copy and paste this into your sig.

Hypnodance FTW!

Add Chiss on Facebook

I think that Lance was easiest because I OHKO'd his entire team with a Jinx, a Magneton, and a Gyarados.
    Hardest was Wallace with his immune-to-electric Whiscash that completely threw me off and his Double team spamming ludiculo.

Iris' Hydreigon wrecked me the first time around. Even when I made a strategy the second time around, it took out half my team. I guess this time, I have a Samurott that knows Ice Beam.

Follow PockyAddict On Twitter Add PockyAddict on Facebook
    Follow PockyAddict on Tumblr Visit PockyAddict's Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by metalamor View Post
    I feel rather dumb...I completely forgot Cynthia was the champion in Gen IV. I played through Platinum a while ago and never picked it back up. I don't remember half the junk that's in Sinnoh 0.o

Iris was not as hard as Lance for me by a long shot. Dragons, yes, but part of the challenge of Lance was that in Johto it is very hard to level up while it is much easier to get your team to similar levels to hers in Unova.
    I agree with lance he is hard to beat (and leveling up is hard in HG/SS for me), I'm still trying to beat him and as for cyntha, she was hard to beat and I did the same thing you did with platinum.

I'll always remember you~
    Blog Entries

The easiest for me was Iris, since my Samurott knew Ice Beam.
    The hardest was Cynthia, her Milotic and Garchomp were especially annoying in Pearl.

The easiest for me was Iris. I swept her with a grand total of 2 pokemon (I didn't even need to switch, but I wanted to spread the exp around a bit).

The hardest was definitely Cynthia and that rigged Garchomp of hers.

aka the fireflies guy Vanillish Twilight's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Follow Vanillish Twilight on Tumblr

Cynthia. I had to use 2 revives to beat her. I don't remember the details well because my battle with her was a long time ago. (over two years, I think, but I'm not sure) But I remember that day, it was my first time to pass Victory Road. (I had an irrational fear of Victory Road when I was little so I never went in and therefore never completed the game, Pearl was the first game I ever completed) I brought a lot of revives with me. The Elite 4 were a breeze with my overleveled Empoleon (level 62 I think because I wanted Drill Peck, everyone else in my team was just level 50, 51, 52 or 53) except for the last guy, Lucian, I think. I almost lost against him, we were one on one, he only had Bronzong left, and I only had Machamp left. I thought I was going to die but Machamp came through with Cross Chop. Then I used revives and potions and stuff to completely heal my team before I battled Cynthia. Like I said before I don't remember much of my battle against Cynthia. All I remember is beating her Spiritomb, beating her Garchomp, which liked to use Sand Tomb a lot, then beating her last Pokémon, Roserade. Everyone fainted except for my Empoleon. I barely made it but Drill Peck did it and I beat her. And it only took...2 months to get there. lol Seriously, though, that was hard. As for the easiest, it was Alder (it was N and Ghetsis that made it hard to complete the game)

Blog Entries

Visit Rainbow Cloud's Youtube Channel

Cynthia was the hardest for me, I remember having a lot of problems with Garchomp, Milotic and Spiritomb. The easiest was Blue, was able to sweep through his team just by using good type matchups.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast