Can We Expect Another Pokémon Direct? - Page 2

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Can We Expect Another Pokémon Direct?

Who am I? Joshawott's Avatar Forum Head
    Blog Entries
    Follow Joshawott On Twitter
    Follow Joshawott on Tumblr Visit Joshawott's Youtube Channel

Default Re: Can We Expect Another Pokémon Direct?

Nintendo love their Nintendo Direct feeds (even prioritising them over E3), so I'd say that it's more than likely that they will, especially considering the huge reaction the Pokèmon Direct received.

Follow Season On Twitter Add Season on Facebook

I don't think extra Pokemon X & Y information is credible for a Pokemon Direct. Future games on the other hand may be plausible, since the Direct Coverage picked up 40,000+ viewers it certainly gets the word out there so I could see this happening for RS Remakes.

Not even my final form GreatLiver's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TerraWolf View Post
    They'd probably swap between 8 at night and 6 in the morning between Japan and the US
    That would catch Europe at 1 and 2am, and that's one of their three main markets. Even though the west coast gets shafted with the way it worked out yesterday, I don't think they'll alternate with the US. No matter what, Japan is still their number 1 target, and kids aren't waking up at 6am over there to catch some news. If they do any more, they'll be on the same schedule as the last one.

追放されたバカ

Visit Fennekin's Youtube Channel

I hope they at least make another Direct for the starter evolutions and more legendaries.

The next Direct could showcase things that are better illustrated through video rather than pictures. Maybe cutscenes involving the evil team (which could showcase some of the power under the 3DS's hood) or something like Triple Battles & Rotation Battles from Gen V (basically any change to the battle system).
    Pokemon White FC: 0648 4815 7165
    Pokemon White 2 FC: 3869 6438 9106

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by GreatLiver View Post
    They'd probably swap between 8 at night and 6 in the morning between Japan and the US
    That would catch Europe at 1 and 2am, and that's one of their three main markets. Even though the west coast gets shafted with the way it worked out yesterday, I don't think they'll alternate with the US. No matter what, Japan is still their number 1 target, and kids aren't waking up at 6am over there to catch some news. If they do any more, they'll be on the same schedule as the last one.
    It just seems smarter that they would alternate the times and possibly find better times then 6AM

Not even my final form GreatLiver's Avatar

It just seems smarter that they would alternate the times and possibly find better times then 6AM
    The world's a big place. That's really the only realistic time. They're targeting kids in Japan. And realistically, I don't think kids care too much about watching stuff live. They're content just seeing it when they wake up. Pushing it back an hour to 9pm in Japan doesn't seem like a terrible time for them, but honestly over here there's not too much of a difference between 6am and 7am. Maybe a bit of a difference between 4am and 5am for those in Mountain, but I don't really think they care too too much about making sure people in Nebraska can watch it live. The people that care enough will probably wake up or stay up either way.

Blog Entries

The world's a big place. That's really the only realistic time. They're targeting kids in Japan. And realistically, I don't think kids care too much about watching stuff live. They're content just seeing it when they wake up. Pushing it back an hour to 9pm in Japan doesn't seem like a terrible time for them, but honestly over here there's not too much of a difference between 6am and 7am. Maybe a bit of a difference between 4am and 5am for those in Mountain, but I don't really think they care too too much about making sure people in Nebraska can watch it live. The people that care enough will probably wake up or stay up either way.
    With it being obvious they Gamefreak wants to show unity in the Pokemon world it would still be nice to get maybe some more weekend Directs even though they do try to focus more on Japan

追放されたバカ

If I remember correctly, the stream had almost 20,000 viewers. And I watched it at 4 AM!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Fennekin View Post
    If I remember correctly, the stream had almost 20,000 viewers. And I watched it at 4 AM!
    I believe there was a 3DS Direct not too long ago at midnight on the EST and close to a million people were watching it. Its not impossible.

追放されたバカ

Exactly. If we show GAME FREAK/Nintendo we will tune in to these Directs, they will make more.

Blog Entries

I found out recently that Nintendo will not be part of the E3 conference this year (Nintendo’s E3 Bombshell: It’s Going to Be Okay - IGN) and will have more Directs to make up for it.
    I think, generally, there will be a lot more Directs throughout the year, and it will have more game content. The one that just passed had A LOT of stuff (Nintendo Direct 4.17.2013 - YouTube) and they announced a new LOZ game.
    This increases the probability of having a Pokemon one, or maybe with Pokemon content but not completely about Pokemon. I actually think we may get one in June, at the time of E3.... At least so I hope....

Blog Entries

o.o It seems odd to rely on that, but they can certainly get more information out that way as opposed to in E3. I think they'll have no choice but to do it that way considering how much info was released in a month the latter half of the other developments.
    Step into the Fairy circle

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixon View Post
    I found out recently that Nintendo will not be part of the E3 conference this year (Nintendo’s E3 Bombshell: It’s Going to Be Okay - IGN) and will have more Directs to make up for it.
    I think, generally, there will be a lot more Directs throughout the year, and it will have more game content. The one that just passed had A LOT of stuff (Nintendo Direct 4.17.2013 - YouTube) and they announced a new LOZ game.
    This increases the probability of having a Pokemon one, or maybe with Pokemon content but not completely about Pokemon. I actually think we may get one in June, at the time of E3.... At least so I hope....
    Quote Originally Posted by Samurott View Post
    o.o It seems odd to rely on that, but they can certainly get more information out that way as opposed to in E3. I think they'll have no choice but to do it that way considering how much info was released in a month the latter half of the other developments.
    You misread the news. Nintendo is going to be at E3, but with two separate, smaller divisions: one for the general gaming public, and one for the media, so the media doesn't have to muscle its way through tons on Nintendo nerds.

Follow Spectacular Snivy On Twitter Add Spectacular Snivy on Google+
    Visit Spectacular Snivy's Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by FireHawk View Post
    If its not at 6 in the morning, then possibly. I would not be willing to wake up at 6 am to learn news of a new Pokemon.
    Yes,I am not waiting dor 4am in the morning for a new pokemon.

I HATE MYSELF!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast