Can We Expect Another Pokémon Direct?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Can We Expect Another Pokémon Direct?

追放されたバカ

Visit Fennekin's Youtube Channel

Default Can We Expect Another Pokémon Direct?

Is it possible we could get another Pokémon Direct in the near future, revealing more information about Pokémon X and Y? Or will we have information revealed from elsewhere? Remember, this is a worldwide release, so GAME FREAK/Nintendo may handle things differently when it comes to how to release game information, unlike previous releases where Japan got the games first.

Default Re: Can We Expect Another Pokémon Direct?

Quote Originally Posted by Fennekin View Post
    Is it possible we could get another Pokémon Direct in the near future, revealing more information about Pokémon X and Y? Or will we have information revealed from elsewhere? Remember, this is a worldwide release, so GAME FREAK/Nintendo may handle things differently when it comes to how to release game information, unlike previous releases where Japan got the games first.
    Definitely. Nintendo has done a pretty good job promoting the upcoming software on their new systems as they progress through the development pipeline. While we'll probably still get Japanese info from Coro Coro and other sources, I can see the international updates being primarily done through Nintendo/Pokemon directs.
    Pokemon White FC: 0648 4815 7165
    Pokemon White 2 FC: 3869 6438 9106

Magical Girl Shiny Celebi's Avatar Super Moderator
    Blog Entries
    Follow Shiny Celebi On Twitter
    Follow Shiny Celebi on Tumblr

Id say this one was successful, so they probably will do it again, maybe for major/significant game news. I liked seeing the games announced this way, Id like to see more Pokemon Directs.

Surrender now or carry on Bikini Miltank's Avatar Bulbanews Editor-in-Chief
    Blog Entries

I'd be surprised if we didn't see another at some point closer to the release date.

Painting the night sky... Neon Borealis's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Follow Neon Borealis on Tumblr

It will be very likely that we get wnother Nintendo Direct, perhaps every few months we'll be getting updates.

Winner of: Professor Layton Mafia, Warrior Cats Mafia, Kid Icarus Mafia, Star Wars Mafia,Legendary pokémon mafia, Make a Mafia, Smash Bros Mafia, Phoenix wright: Justice for all mafia and Eeveelution mafia
    Other games won: Vigilantes, Trauma Center: Virus attack

Blog Entries

If its not at 6 in the morning, then possibly. I would not be willing to wake up at 6 am to learn news of a new Pokemon.

Your resident cynic. Wishmaker Jirachi's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by TerraWolf View Post
    If its not at 6 in the morning, then possibly. I would not be willing to wake up at 6 am to learn news of a new Pokemon.
    Well, the event was scheduled well for Japan who had it at 8PM in their time zone, and they decided to have it broadcast simultaneously all around the world, partly because of their system which is getting the Pokémon X & Y games released worldwide in a tighter timeframe.

It might inconvenience you guys again if it's an announcement similar to this, because I feel like they're going to broadcast a Nintendo Direct in the middle of Japan's day, which is even earlier for you guys.
    sonic10158 likes this.
    I'm the resident cynic of two forums.
    Pokémon Claim: White Kyurem
    Move Claim: Ice Burn
    Item Claim: DNA Splicers (All related!)

If they are going to do another Direct, they will probably have it at different times appropriate for the time zones. I'm sure we will see more of these though, I can see them revealing Pokemon through it too.

A real monstrosity SnorlaxMonster's Avatar Bulbanews Board of editorsBulbapedia StaffArchives Advisor
    Blog Entries
    Follow SnorlaxMonster On Twitter
    Visit SnorlaxMonster's Youtube Channel

I think Pokemon Direct was reserved for the announcement. Further news will likely come through regular Nintendo Direct broadcasts. However with their focus on a simultaneous worldwide release, I find it unlikely that we will be getting a lot of new info solely through CoroCoro like we used to; I expect that if it is, we will get it in English sources around the same time.

Not even my final form GreatLiver's Avatar

I don't really think so. This was the DON moment. Maybe one more with the last batch of information, but I don't see one as being able to do anything more than updating the websites worldwide would do. The direct gave us the introduction as a lead in to this. We'll find stuff out around the 10th of each month in Japanese when corocoro leaks, and then we'll get it in all other languages the 15th for street release when the info online gets updated.

I wanna know how the fuck Nintendo manages to stream something online with thousands of viewers in a way that doesn't have lag. That was by far the best experience I've ever had streaming anything online. I was expecting choppy audio and even choppier visual. It was quite the pleasant surprise.

Blog Entries

I read an article earlier today and the person being interviewed said that more information/details will be revealed tomorrow. The interviewee is an employee from TPCi I think.

I hope for official artworks and names of the two legendaries and perhaps their type??? If they don't reveal it tomorrow then I expect on the official Japanese Pokemon website this Friday.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Frugrow View Post
    I read an article earlier today and the person being interviewed said that more information/details will be revealed tomorrow. The interviewee is an employee from TPCi I think.

I hope for official artworks and names of the two legendaries and perhaps their type??? If they don't reveal it tomorrow then I expect on the official Japanese Pokemon website this Friday.
    Where did you read that? I think the additional information could more than likely be this, from Pokemon Company's president Tsunekazu Ishihara.

Blog Entries

I'll see if I could find it. The article is from today and he mentioned tomorrow as in the 9th.

Found it: http://www.gameinformer.com/b/features/archive/2013/01/08/nintendo-play-pok-233-mon-x-and-y-close-to-the-chest.aspx

Surrender now or carry on Bikini Miltank's Avatar Bulbanews Editor-in-Chief
    Blog Entries

Regarding the timing, if you want something to be on the same calendar day in both Japan and North America then it's going to have to be in the evening for Japan and the early morning for most of North America. Don't blame Nintendo, blame the international dateline.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Wishmaker Jirachi View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by TerraWolf View Post
    Well, the event was scheduled well for Japan who had it at 8PM in their time zone, and they decided to have it broadcast simultaneously all around the world, partly because of their system which is getting the Pokémon X & Y games released worldwide in a tighter timeframe.

It might inconvenience you guys again if it's an announcement similar to this, because I feel like they're going to broadcast a Nintendo Direct in the middle of Japan's day, which is even earlier for you guys.
    They'd probably swap between 8 at night and 6 in the morning between Japan and the US

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast