BW2 Teams - Page 3

Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: BW2 Teams

Default Re: BW2 Teams

I'll be getting White 2 when it comes out in English, and I'll probably use this team:

Serperior/Overgrow/Leaf Blade-Giga Drain-Aqua Tail-Coil

Lucario/Inner Focus/Aura Sphere-Ice Punch-Flash Cannon-Stone Edge

Arcanine/Intimidate/Fire Blast-Wild Charge-Strength-Heat Wave

Braviary/Sheer Force/Crush Claw-Superpower-Brave Bird-Rock Slide

Zoroark/Illusion/Dark Pulse-Flamethrower-Focus Blast-Night Slash

Lapras/Water Absorb/Surf-Ice Beam-Thunderbolt-Psychic

Zeb
    making a splash Zeb's Avatar Deputy Head Administrator
    Blog Entries

Follow Zeb on Tumblr

Well for my first team on JPN B2, I used 12 members (Serperior/Ampharos/Lucario/Weezing/Sandslash/Heracross/Zangoose/Grumpig/Skarmory/Absol/Solrock/Mantine).

So I probably won't use those again (except maybe one or two because a lot of those are some of my favourite mons).

Currently on my JPN B2 my team is Dunsparce/Azumarill/Swadloon/Growlithe. I plan on replacing Swadloon with a Combee and a Roselia, as soon as I get that far. Also, Growlithe is only temporary filler. I'm thinking of using a Buneary and a Seviper too, not sure.

For my English B2 game, I'll probably try out some stuff that I really want to use but haven't. So Walrein and Flygon (and maybe Aggron) are ones I definitely want to try. Maybe Weavile or Mamo, but they come a little too late to be of interest me. Oh and maybe Vaporeon and Espeon too (I would use Umbreon, but it's just lacking offence, which makes it annoying to use sometimes). I'll most likely be using Serperior as my starter, since that's the only Gen V starter I like to use.

I also want to use some Unova mons again, like Sandile, Darumaka, Bouffalant, Joltik maybe. So I might mix and match with Unova mons a little more (so far I seem to be ignoring them ;__;)
    Zeb: 0361-6364-1279 | Thunderbolts and Lightningrods!

Master of Ghosts......... Gengarzilla's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Follow Gengarzilla on Tumblr Visit Gengarzilla's Youtube Channel

Samurott with Aqua Tail, Megahorn, Dig, and Swords Dance

Chandelure with Inferno, Telekinesis, Energy Ball, and Shadow Ball

Gengar (no surprise there) with Disable, Thunderbolt, Shadow Ball, and Focus Blast

Aerodactyl with Hone Claws, Stone Edge, Fire Fang, and Fly

Durant with Hone Claws, Stone Edge, Thunder Fang and X-Scissor

Metagross with Hone Claws, Meteor Mash, Zen Headbutt, and Earthquake.

I have had this planned out for months, what do you think?
    I have claimed the Spell Tag and Kasib Berry, along with Adaptability and Shadow Ball. I have also claimed Gastly.

If you think Nintendo need to sue PETA up the ass for making Pokemon Black and Blue, copy and paste this into your sig.

Hypnodance FTW!

I've come to the conclusion that on this go around, I'm gonna do something different. I usually pick the water starter on my very first play-through of any Pokemon game. However, I feel that since this game is gonna be referencing a bunch of stuff from my previous play-thorough of Black 1, picking oshawatt again doesn't make sense. I mean this is a new a person in a whole other side of Unova. And since there still seems to be a severe lack of fire types in this gen that interest me, I'll be starting with Tepig. The team I'm hoping to assemble by the end of the game is as follows:

Krookodile - I wound up using Excadril last game and never got much of a chance to try out this cool croc. Reminds me of a ground version of Totodile, my favorite water type. It also helps that it learns Dig by leveling up. Also, having a Dark type moves will be nice defense against any Psychics I come across, which were huge pain for me last game.

Emolga - Kind of a weaker version of Pikachu but learns Volt Switch by leveling up. Love that move. It'll be a fresh difference from last game where I used Zebstrika.

Emboar - Looking forward to picking the fire-type starter this go around.

Golduck - I've always had a soft spot for this guy and since Farfetch'd(My personal favorite pokemon of all time) didn't make the cut into the new Unova-dex, this'll be my chance to try honestly try him out. I'm also liking the fact that he also learns some cool Psychic moves.

Gurdurr - My favorite Pokemon from this gen. I don't care much for Conkeldurr's look by comparison so trading it so it can evolve is kinda pointless to me. Besides, carrying around a steel beam feels that mush more epic.

Skarmory - Never got much a chance to use this guy in Gen 4, though I always wanted to.

Moderator Hidden Mew's Avatar Forum Head

I've been thinking about what teams I'll have in these games for a long time. I think I have most of them set up, aside from one or two slots in each teams, but there might be some changes as I play through the games.

Here's what I have planned out for my Black 2 team:

Emboar-This is the only one of the Unova starters that I haven't raised yet and even though I'm not excited for another Fire/Fighting starter, I'm curious to see how well it does on its own and compared to the other Unova starters.

Lucario-This is my favorite Pokemon and even though I'm starting out with Tepig, I want to capture a Riolu in this version anyway. It will be helpful when my Emboar is too weak to battle or at too much of an disadvantage to fight, like against Rock types.

Archeops-I've been curious to see how this Pokemon does in battle and it's the only Unova Flying type that I'm interested in raising too.

Jellicent-I enjoyed raising Chaledure in Black and I want to see how a Water/Ghost type does. There aren't any non-Unova Water types that I'm currently interested in raising either.

Galvantula-Similar with the case Chaledure, I raised Volcarona for my White team and it was amazing to the point where I wanted to check out Bug types more often. This is the only other Unova Bug type that I'm interested in and I think that it could be fun to raise.

Mamoswine-This was the one slot that I've been indecisive about for awhile, but I think I'm more set on this one than I was with the couple of Psychic Pokemon I was considering before. The duel type would help against quite a few different Pokemon and it's been a long time since I raised an Ice type Pokemon. I'm still thinking about it, but this seems like it has a good chance of getting to my final team.

Here's what I have in mind for my White 2 team:

Samurott-I wanted to start off with Oshawott again since it's my favorite of the three starters and there aren't too many other Water types that I'm interested in raising again. It was really useful for my Black team, so hopefully it will be helpful in this team too.

Arcanine-It's been a long time since I raised a Growlithe and considering that it's available so early, I want to take advantage of that and make it a part of my team.

Excadrill-I was considering using this for either Black or White before, but I decided to go a different route. So, I wanted to try raising it again to see how useful it can be. I was considering getting another Riolu once I heard it was available in both games, as I raised on in all of the fourth generation games, but as much as I like Lucario, I also wanted to try out a few different Pokemon, especially when these games offer a variety of Pokemon to choose from.

Zoroark-I've heard great things about it and I figured that I'd try it out just for the fun. Plus, I haven't raised a pure Dark type Pokemon in a long time.

Either Leafeon or Eelektross-This is the slot I'm most indecisive about. I've been curious about how a Leafeon would do, as it's the only of the new Eevee evolutions from the last generation that I would like to raise, but I also thought about Eelektross for its ability and its special attack stats. I may experiment with other Pokemon for this slot when I play the game, but I'm pretty sure right now it's going to be one of these two.

Dragonite-It's been a long time since I've raised a Dratini and I'm curious to see what kind of new moves it can learn. Plus, it will definitely be useful as the game progresses and I need a Flying type. If I come across another Flying type that I'd like to raise, then I could change this slot, but there's a good chance that I'll have a Dragonite at thist point.

Blog Entries

Going to trade over a Gible at the start, so my team will be very ground and dragon filled.

Oshawott, I started Black with it, and I really enjoyed it, plus it eliminates any need for surf.

Trapinch, with me not liking Unfezant at all, this seems like a good choice for something to learn Fly

Sandile, another ground type. I used one against Elesa in Black, and I really liked it. I just didn't keep it on my team.

Gible, for funsies

Probably Elekid, as I really enjoy Electabuzz and Electivire, but this may become some other electric type.

Eevee/Pansear/Larvesta/whatever amazing pokemon comes my way, I will use Eevee for any gyms that I have no type advantage and evolve it to suit this, and I threw away my Pansear because it sucked on Black, but I need a fire-type.

I poke your snoot UnovaCastaway's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I'm deciding between Zoroark and Drapion for the sixth member of my team, in addition to the others I posted on the first page. Let's see what serves me better during the playthrough.

Grass-type fanatic Frenzy Plant's Avatar
    Follow Frenzy Plant On Twitter
    Follow Frenzy Plant on Tumblr

I know I'm definitely going with Flygon, Crustle and Galvantula. Might just use the three Unova starters for the other three team members.
    I do regular Pokémon giveaways on Tumblr, click here and come trade with me!

Now that I know BW2 is coming out in the fall, I'm hoping to get it through some Christmas cash since money isn't as tight as it was last and all I know for sure is that I'm starting with Oshawott. I want to have Lucario on my team so bad, but I have to see if I can squeeze it in. I like to use elemental teams and if I have a hybrid with a combo that can leave me an extra spot, I will squeeze in a non traditional element like normal, bug, psychic etc.

A true gamer is one plays who for fun and appreciates a decent storyline.....even if some games frustrate them.

Blog Entries

So far, I've only come up with my White 2 team. I try to have different Pokemon in each version (with the exception of my starter), but it's been tough. So many options available this time around, it's hard to narrow it down. This is what I've got so far, I'll probably change some Pokemon and moves around when I get closer to the release date.

Emboar: Nitro, Male, Blaze, Fire Punch, Brick Break, Thunder Punch, Bulk Up
    Reason: I love Fire-starters. Ever since Gen 2 I've used Fire starters (Gen 1 I used Bulbasaur). I know Emboar isn't exactly the "hottest" Fire-type around, but now that it has access to Fire and Thunder Punch, makes him more worthwhile to me. Plus, his wider move pool makes him more favorable to me. I like Samurott and Serperior well enough, but not enough to be the "anchor" of my team.

Leavanny: Willow, Female, Swarm, Leaf Blade, X-Scissor, Attract, Return
    Reason: Leavanny has made selecting a Grass-type (and, to a lesser degree, Bug-type) more favorable. With great, well-rounded stats and a decent move pool at its disposal, Leavanny has been my pick of the litter for Grass-types (though Lilligent has been my next best option). Plus, being a Bug-type, it will help in dealing with pesky Psychic-types that tend to annoy me late in the game. Plus, after using a female one in the past with Attract, that has become a deadly combo for me to use. And I used to think Attract was useless, until my past Leavanny mopped the floor with many Trainers with it.

Lucario: Anubis, Male, Inner Focus, Ice Punch, Aura Sphere, Flash Cannon, Shadow Ball
    Reason: Lucario has been a favorite of mine since Gen 4, and now with it more readily available (well, to a certain degree, anyway), especially so early in the game, I know I'll be burning my DS battery to hunt one down. Lucario would be a epic addition to my team, and I hope my luck holds in finding the right one.

Vaporeon: Jet, Male/Female, Water Absorb, Ice Beam, Surf, Dig, Shadow Ball
    Reason: Vaporeon has been my second favorite Eeveelution for a long time (Glaceon is my top favorite, but since I can't get it until post-game, you get it). Plus it will be my Surfer. I may swap it out for Starmie or another Water-type when I get closer to the release, but for now, Vaporeon is on the list.

Braviary: Heroic, Male, Defiant, Fly, Strength, Rock Slide, Bulk Up
    Reason: I need a flier, and with Braviary equipped with its hidden ability found fairly early in the game, I just jumped on the opportunity to have my favorite bird on board quickly. I may swap a few moves later, but for now, this is what I've decided.

Eelektross: Gigavolt, Male/Female, Levitate, Thunder Punch, Coil, Aqua Tail, Rock Slide
    Reason: Eelektross, despite its speed problem, can be vicious when well trained. Now that it has access to moves like Thunder Punch and Aqua Tail, I decided to bring that sparkplug-of-an-eel back into my ranks. In White, my first Eelektross was a monster. I, sadly, passed up on Coil that time, but now that I can try again, I'm going to erase past mistakes by staring anew. Plus Coil pairs well with the other moves I've selected. I may change Rock Slide, but we'll see what I feel like at the time.

So, for now, this my team. I still haven't come up with a Black 2 team, but, like with my White before it, White 2 will, most likely, be my main version. So we'll see from there. I might swap out someone here and there, depending on what I want at the time, but I'll know for sure when the game are released. That's all for now.
    Best Game Characters of all Time: Ryu 3, Nina 3, Ryu 2, Nina 2, Rei, Ratchet, Talwyn, Princess Pride, Megaman.EXE, Elecman.EXE, Bass. EXE, Tails, Geo, Sonia, Pit

Best Anime Characters of all Time: Van, Fiona, Irvine, Cynthia, Yugi, Tea, Joey, Dark Magician Girl, Kuriboh, Yuma, Astral, Number 39: Utopia, May, Inuyasha, Miroku, Sango

I apply Felix's Law: "Smile, tomorrow could be worse."

Grass-type fanatic Frenzy Plant's Avatar
    Follow Frenzy Plant On Twitter
    Follow Frenzy Plant on Tumblr

Flygon ♂ - Ability: Levitate
    Dragon Claw
    Earthquake
    Rock Slide
    Fly

Crustle ♂ - Ability: Shell Armor
    X-Scissor
    Rock Slide
    Earthquake
    Aerial Ace

Galvantula ♂ - Ability: Compoundeyes
    Bug Buzz
    Thunder
    Energy Ball
    Hidden Power (Ground)

Serperior ♂ - Ability: Contrary
    Leaf Storm
    Hidden Power (Rock)
    Leech Seed
    Toxic

Emboar ♂ - Ability: Blaze
    Fire Punch
    Brick Break
    Thunderpunch
    Strength

Samurott ♂ - Ability: Shell Armor
    Surf
    Ice Beam
    Hidden Power (Ground)
    Air Slash / Waterfall

This will be my team, with their ideal movesets. It's likely the Hidden Power and Hidden Ability Pokémon won't be exactly that, but I've definitely settled on using those six.
    I do regular Pokémon giveaways on Tumblr, click here and come trade with me!

Here is my team: Arcanine, Lucario, Sigilyph, Excadrill, Azumarill, Eelektross (and no I am not using my starter as part of my team, its mainly going to be PC box decoration lol XD)

Blog Entries

Seems my Golett problem has been solved.

I traded for a level 12 Japanese Golett, nicknamed どぐう (Dogū) who happens to be a Dream Worlder and has better stats than my first DW trade. Although Dogū doesn't have his Elemental Punch, I can make do with the moveset he already has: Shadow Ball (I replaced Astonish), Defense Curl, Mud Slap and Rollout. So as it stands right now:

Oshawott (Prima: starter, gender TBD, Nature TBD, Torrent)
    Sawk (Hero: Male, Adamant, Sturdy)
    Elekid (Bumblebee: Male, Lonely, Static and hopefully shiny)
    Golett (どぐう: Genderless but referenced as male, Rash, No Guard)

I'm leaning towards a Steel type as my fifth man and I'm having a hard time as to deciding which. I'd love to add a Metagross but I wouldn't mind a Bisharp either, so long as it has Defiant. The sixth slot is going to be the rotation spot: anything that needs to be evolved or leveled up for 'Dex info will stay there. I'm working towards two goals this time--get the Unova 'Dex completed and later get the National 'Dex completed. I want those charms something bad.

Team Battle Maison
    Claimed: Golett ~ Iron Fist ~ Shadow Punch ~ Big Pearl ~ Light Clay.
    GPX+

Visit Apex's Youtube Channel

My team will probably be 50% new 50% of the team from White. But my team will also depend on one thing

1. If I get to Route 4 too fast (before Monday) Then I can't get Braviary and I have to use my second flying option.
    2. If I get to Route 4 on Monday, then I use my first initial team. The only issue is that I have 3 pokemon setup.

I'm trying not to get too many pokemon too early. The strain of multiple pokemon too early is harder on the exp balance.

When I finalize my team, you'll see it under Team Whiteout as Team Whiteout2.

SEAHAWKS SUPER BOWL XLVIII CHAMPIONS

THE Pokemon Master TheMonster6893's Avatar

I've thought about this a lot! Way more than I've thought about it in any other Gen. For me my team will prolly be,

-Emboar
    -Sceptile
    -Emolga
    -Crustle
    -Honchkrow
    -Lapras

I was going to have Flygon in order to fly and be my main fighter against dragon types, but I've never used Honchkrow or Cryogonal before in my team so that's what i went with, although it may change in the next two months. lol

EDIT: So I've Changed a few things around after playing much of the game so far and this is what I'm currently using right now.
    Last edited by TheMonster6893; 18th October 2012 at 06:58 PM.
    My Y Team:

Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast