BW2 Teams
Page 1 of 15 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: BW2 Teams

Default BW2 Teams

I'm completely surprised at how brilliant and dense BW2 are looking, and it's got me excited!

Now that we have North American and European release dates, I've been unable to resist thinking about what team I'm going to use on my first playthrough, and I'd like to know what you've been considering as well.

I'm going to trade a Treecko egg over as early as possible, to replace my starter Pokémon and take the place of "main" Pokémon on the team. I also think I'm going to have Carracosta, Galvantula, Crustle and Volcarona on the team. I'm not sure what to use for my sixth Pokémon and I'm open to suggestions.

When BW2 are realeased in Europe, I'm going to start a fan-fic / playthrough Tumblr kinda deal and write updates as though they're from the journal of the player character on his travels. I've decided his family will have moved to Aspertia City from Hoenn just after he got his first Pokémon (a Treecko), and that he's disappointed he never got to travel around his home region but is looking forward to battling the Hoenn Gym Leaders at the Pokémon World Tournament.

I'm really looking forward to the whole thing.

Share with me your ideas for teams! :)
    I do regular Pokémon giveaways on Tumblr, click here and come trade with me!

Blog Entries

Follow FallenIdol_453 on Tumblr

Default Re: BW2 Teams

I have no idea what I'm going to use. I'll probably do a blind Nuzlocke and go from there before I decide on specific teams.
    Platinum Friend Code: 4428-0341-9435

SoulSilver Friend Code: 2709-9984-3194

Black Friend Code: 4428-2129-6693

Black 2 Friend Code: 5244-0942-6506

I always root for the ships that don't get a lot of love.

Visit Kwame120's Youtube Channel

So far, I've decided on using Oshawott (always Oshawott first), Zorua and Trapinch. The rest is up to fate, really, as I like it. But I have my eye on: Magnemite, Growlithe, Eevee (Espeon or Jolteon), Vanillite (my favourite Gen 5 evolutionary line), Deerling, Sewaddle, Elekid (yes, I'm getting that version), and Beldum/Metagross (Now idea if I can catch it, but it being in the Unova Dex hints towards it.)
    I know, my eye will be very busy.

Edit.
    After much deliberation, I've decided to change that. Despite about 4 playthroughs of White, I haven't actually used Snivy yet. So I've switched to Snivy, Trapinch and Lapras for definite, as I usually use the water starter so I've never gone through a game with Lapras on my main team. Lapras being one of my favourite water types, I thought I'd change that. I'm also probably going to use a Zorua, and either Riolu or Magnemite. If I use Riolu, I'm going for a Eevee - Jolteon, if a Magnemite, then I'm not sure. If I don't use Zorua, then I have a free slot, probably for a Growlithe.

So, it'll be...
    Serperior
    Flygon
    Lapras
    Zoroark (N's)/Arcanine/?
    Lucario/Magnezone
    Jolteon/Arcanine/?
    Last edited by Kwame120; 28th August 2012 at 11:33 AM.

My future White 2 team is in my signature. I'll trade an Archen from my White version over to White 2 when it comes out in the US. I'll be going for an all-prevo run for White 2.

Flambe the Tepig
    Iago the Archen
    Stinky the Trubbish
    Spore the Foongus
    Isis the Riolu
    Floods the Tympole

White Kyurem is be there, too. It's too bad we can't have both BK and WK at the same time, though...I think both are very cool.
    Last edited by Faye Scarlet; 19th July 2012 at 04:15 PM.

It's really hard to choose a team with such a large selection. I'm probably going to go through this game multiple times with all the possible teams I could use. First run is going to be Snivy, Elekid, Volcarona, Ducklett, Elgyem, and Zangoose. Can't wait for this game to come to the States.
    Brett: No, no, I just want you to know... I just want you to know how sorry we are that things got so messed up with us and Mr. Wallace. We got into this thing with the best intentions and I never...
    Jules:*shoots random guy on couch*
    I'm sorry, did I break your concentration? I didn't mean to do that. Please, continue, you were saying something about best intentions... What's the matter?...Oh, you were finished! Well, allow me to retort. What does Marcellus Wallace look like?

Blog Entries
    Follow Ziggy Stardust On Twitter

Man, there's a lot to choose, I'm not sure yet. I guess I'll have to play both Black 2 and White 2 to use at least a half of the Pokémon I want to use.

- Samurott
    - Lucario
    - Arcanine
    - Jolteon
    - Vaporeon
    - Espeon
    - Umbreon
    - Lilligant
    - Braviary
    - Flygon
    - Zoroark (N's)
    - Volcarona
    - Eelektross
    - Chandelure
    - Reuniclus
    - Excadrill

I'm trying to discard my White 1 team (Serperior, Simipour, Sigilyph, DW Luxray, Haxorus, Volcarona), but the early Volcarona available is tempting. At this rate, I think for the first time I'll have to raise 8-9 Pokémon instead of six, alternating them in the lineup.

It's impossible, said pride. It's risky, said experience. OU suspect, yelled Smogon.

Join Team Aqua, we have hot girls
    I bet you didn't notice the guy behind

Blog Entries
    Follow Soulweaver On Twitter Add Soulweaver on Facebook Add Soulweaver on Google+
    Follow Soulweaver on Tumblr Visit Soulweaver's Youtube Channel

I'll try to come up with a new team on every playthrough.

In Black, I used Emboar, Krookodile, Swanna, Galvantula, Ferrothorn and Reuniclus. In White 2, I settled with Lucario, Lapras, Chandelure, Magnezone, Leavanny and Archeops. So for Black 2, I should figure out yet another team... I believe I will try to use Scolipede at least, and probably Haxorus or Hydreigon, but I'm quite unsure of the rest at this point.

E: Planned team: Scolipede, Excadrill, Hydreigon, Sigilyph, Jellicent, Emboar. Yeah, I know, recycling Emboar is not optimal, but it's an easy option to balance the team - no more than two Pokémon are weak to any given type and no one has double weaknesses - and I also have most immunities on board, except for Normal's immunity to Ghost.
    Last edited by Soulweaver; 22nd July 2012 at 04:16 AM.

Former staff member · X Pokédex status (incl. foreign dexes) · Bank Living Dex status · 3DS FC: 4699 6589 8963

antidope Ivysaur's Avatar Moderator
    Blog Entries

In White 2, I'm currently using Serperior, Sigilyph, Magnezone, Growlithe, Lucario, and Sandslash. And I'll be training at least a Starmie and Braviary before the league, maybe a Zangoose or Skarmory, so I'll be using a Rotation team of around 8-9 members. Not too sure about my Black 2 team yet, but I still have a lot of time until then.
    And I don’t care if I lose
    Because my heroes did too
    They shouted court should be adjourned
    Because the jury are fools
    And the judge can’t decipher his left from his right
    Or his right from his wrong

Music is Fun! Enzap's Avatar Moderator
    Blog Entries

Follow Enzap on Tumblr

I think I'm going to try not to plan too far ahead and just catch whatever catches my fancy until I have a good strong team of 5 or 6. It'll be just like old times when I had no idea what I was doing, except I'll be smarter about it.

I played it already. Heracross, Lucario, Espeon or Crobat would be a good choice.
    Im not gonna use pokemon i already used so no Sceptile,snivy, Skarmory, Golduck, Ninetales, Latias ( i got the other version with latios) , kyogre, swanna, and others. ( No golduck or skarmory. Awww... No Swanna. Double Aww...)
    BTW u cant get carracosta until post game :( (same for other fossils) because nacrene city is post game.
    Please call me LT, not XX or whatever. Thanks.

Blog Entries
    Follow Soulweaver On Twitter Add Soulweaver on Facebook Add Soulweaver on Google+
    Follow Soulweaver on Tumblr Visit Soulweaver's Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by XxLTxX View Post
    BTW u cant get carracosta until post game :( (same for other fossils) because nacrene city is post game.
    Well, no one blocks you from trading one. That's how I got my Archen in W2.

Former staff member · X Pokédex status (incl. foreign dexes) · Bank Living Dex status · 3DS FC: 4699 6589 8963

Quote Originally Posted by Soulweaver View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by XxLTxX View Post
    Well, no one blocks you from trading one. That's how I got my Archen in W2.
    I know, im just saying if you don't trade. (i don't, cuz im lazy to find a pokemon lol or i want a challenge)
    Please call me LT, not XX or whatever. Thanks.

I poke your snoot UnovaCastaway's Avatar
    Blog Entries

My preliminary B2 ingame team:

Serperior
    Braviary
    Lucario
    Vaporeon
    Magmortar
    still need 6th member

I have very easy access to trading this time. Gotta breed a decent Rufflet, and I'm debating on whether or not to get the Riolu from Dream Radar.

Blog Entries

Seeing as the breeding center is conveniently located near the start of the game since BW, I think I'll send in some of the Pokemon I could only get later on from my White version to train the offspring. I'll probably send a couple dream world Pokemon too. I'm still kind of undecided whether to use 1 or 2 5th gen Pokemon that are actually not weird/freaky, or use all previous gen pokes this time around.
    Our goal is to get The Pokemon Company International to return the voice actors from the dub by 4Kids. (seasons 1-8)
    If you're interested, please join us at Facebook and sign our petition!
    We're also open to considering passionate Pokemon fans as staff. Your help is valued; only together may we succeed!

Page 1 of 15 12311 ... LastLast