Breeding is really being made easier this time around...
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Breeding is really being made easier this time around...

May the Aura be with you. FabuVinny's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default Breeding is really being made easier this time around...

We already knew about the additions to the Pokétchi and the Emerald ability boosters also remai. Now here's the latest piece of news...
    Quote Originally Posted by Serebii
    If Ditto or Mew faint after using Transform, they will still know the attacks they had while transformed. While they will be lost in the next battle, the Pokémon can pass on the moves if it is used for breeding in between.
    Since Ditto is used a lot for breeding anyway, this is yet another neat convenience from Game Freak.

Of your Imagination Evil Figment's Avatar Vice-Webmaster
    Blog Entries

Well now.

That's certainly unexpected.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mintaka and Hurristat
    He's an evil director / He'll give out infractions / Do something wrong / And he takes direct actions
    Then what'll he do?/ He'll permaban you / You find your name slashed / With a message, 'Adieu'
    Sooooo...watch out!
    "It is said that the federal government, if it was in charge of the Sahara, would run out of sand in five years. Private enterprise, being more efficient, would do it in half the time - and they'd make money off the bridges." - me.
    "My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we’ll change the world." - Jack Layton's last letter. Rest in peace, Jack.

That's delightfully cheap. : D
    Up the airy mountains / Down the rushy Glen /
    We dare not go a-hunting / For fear of Fairy-type Pokémon

Blog Entries

Kinda like Smeargle, then, but without the annoying "wait 25 levels" thing. I like.
    LJ~dA~R100~YT~Twitter~Facebook~Last.fm~Tumblr~Glacidia Network

A bitch lives as free as a bird that can never be caught. I'm a bitch. I'll crush anyone that stands in my way! And I do what the hell I want!

It's tasting time! Kasumi's Avatar Former Art Director
    Blog Entries
    Follow Kasumi On Twitter Add Kasumi on Google+
    Follow Kasumi on Tumblr Follow Kasumi on Flickr

Neato. :D

Did everyone see that thing about Designing Pokeballs on Serebii as well? That sounds sweet as well! And a way to express my creativityness through girlish arts and crafts project!

Can't use it in communication though apparently. Probably because it wouldn't work in so far as your opponent seeing you sending your Pokemon out or something.

Also, breeding moves is so extremely tedious anyway so I'm heartily glad they've improved upon it with this alongside the other nice little bonuses they've been creeping in. Seems like Gamefreak are really looking to appeal to the hardcore fans now as well as the little "zomgzpikachu!" kids borne of the fad.

I have noticed Eggs seem to take longer to hatch...or maybe it's just me...

Hmm... this seems useful, but what are the rules for it? Does Ditto count as the "male" for passing on TM's when breeding with a female? Otherwise, it would only be passing on level-up moves it had in common with the other parent. In previous versions this is untestable, as Ditto only had Transform, and no-one learned that move except Ditto and Mew. Not that I'm saying using this to learn a level-up move early is a bad thing!

Unless they've changed the descent rules, of course.

黒い王様 Archaic's Avatar Webmaster
    Blog Entries
    Follow Archaic On Twitter

While I'd imagine that this is a bug, not intentional, it'd certainly make things a hell of a lot easier, in getting some of those breeding moves.
    神出鬼没 - shin shutsu ki botsu

Old grumpy nostalgic vet Charmander1428's Avatar

if thats so though then you can guarantee it'll be fixed when the NTSC and PAL editions are released.
    uh....

NTSC and PAL are TV terms. The DS is not a TV.

Blog Entries

...Mew can't breed though.

I don't think it's meant to be implied that Mew can breed, just that Transform keeps the Pokemon's moves transform...transformed into.

Right, so we're really only talking about Ditto here, since this topic is about breeding. Our favorite little amoebic blob of goo has proven himself ACTUALLY useful now twice over in recent years. Wish I could say the same about some other Pokemon. Like Nosepass. Come ON, it's based on the idea of the "compass" inside everyone's nose, make it help you navigate, or be a psuedo-Itemfinder, or do something useful for putting us through the agony of having to own one to complete the Dex.

Has anybody researched Ditto move-inheritance alongside Ditto nature-inheritance? As in, could you breed an Adamant Ditto with Rock Slide and holding Everstone with a female Blaziken and get Adamant Torchics with Rock Slide? With a male Blaziken, same situation? In other words, can Ditto act as BOTH male and female at the same time, effectively killing two birds with one stone?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast