Thumbs down The Boring Things About Pokemon

So, each one of us is a sucker for Pokemon and a hardcore fan
    But still, none of us can deny it has some downsides to it

But that's nothing bad as everything has an up side and a down side to it

So, what is the most boring aspect of Pokemon in your opinion
    You can post multiple things you think are boring as well
    This may include aspects from non-main series games as well

For me, it has got to be Level Grinding
    It has been the reason why it has taken me several months to complete certain games
    But still the new Exp. Share in Gen 6 helps a lot ^^
    Also, the repeating story is another boring thing
    Like all main-series games are like- Go on an Adventure, Collect the 8 Badges, Defeat the Elite 4 and The Champion, Beat the heck out of the villainous team and etc etc etc....

Note- Remember I love Pokemon and I am not trying to say it's a Bad Game, just that it is boring sometimes
    3Ds FC : 3497 0834 1843

Name: Taher
    Version : X and Y both
    Safari Pokemon: Gabite, Dragonair, Druddigon

Default Re: The Boring Things About Pokemon

One of the most boring things to me, unfortunately, is trying to complete the Pokedex. Out of all my games I have, I've not completed any Pokedex ONCE. =/ It's just so time consuming and boring, you know?
    Another one for me is level grinding as well. Thankfully not in Gen 6, but in the previous gens. Especially Leafgreen/Emerald. My gosh, in Leafgreen/Emerald my pokemon are only in the low 50's or so, and I've had the games for a year already. :P
    There's alot of other things, but those two are my main boring things. But hey, I still love Pokemon anyways. o3o.
    3DS Friend Code is: 5215-0992-6785 Friend Safari is Combee, Beautifly, and Venomoth. :)
    Pokemon is love. Pokemon is life. <3

The early-game for EVERY GAME. (early game is hometown to first gym). I've tried to replay Gen 4, but every time I get so bored with the early-game I forget about it entirely. I'll be honest; I'm getting so bored with early-game I'm playing Pokemon less. Omega Ruby/ Alpha Sapphire, PLEASE make the early-game interesting. (Ruby/Sapphire is fine, sans first rival battle)
    My planned dream team- in the works (eventually)

PM me if you wish to add me as a friend on the 3DS!

Official Claimer of Oblivion Wing on 3/15/14, of the Relic Crown and Enigma Stone on 5/17/14, and most especially Arcanine on 7/5/14!

Registered User Lord Clowncrete's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Without a doubt, breeding for a competitive team in gen 5 and prior gens. For example, I remember trying to hatch a Dreamworld Gligar with impish nature and 31 ivs in Def/hp/speed and it was just impossible. I had one parent with 31 ivs in hp/def and another with 31 in speed. I equipped the power items. I even tried the everstone for the nature. I hatched almost 200+ eggs and yet there would always be one stat out of those 3 with an imperfect iv, or wrong nature or ability.

Cycling through Sky Arrow bridge endlessly and getting frustrated everytime is not my idea of fun. It's very boring. I watched football, listened to music, tried everything to make it fun, but it was just plain boring and I can't believe I wasted an year trying to breed a legit team. I even got bored of the village bridge music after cycling there for hours!

The worst part was, by the time I somehow assembled a decent team after many months, the metagame had moved on and the team was obsolete.

The second boring thing is the early part of the games. The selection available to you is very narrow at times in the early parts of the games. For example, I've used Starly, Pidgey, Ratata, and co, far too often and even of the sight of them annoys me.

Another is having to carry hopeless Pokemon for your journey. There are some mons, which never learn good moves till late on. When tms could only be used once, this was a worse problem. I remember my Buizel not learning anything apart from Aqua Jet in Platinum and I had to baby him till I got the Waterfall HM. It makes some mons far too hard to use and forces you to grind or just not use that mon.

Moving through the fog areas of gen 4 was really boring without Defog.

Lastly, the caves with Golbat, when you have slow Pokemon and don't have repels. You can't fight (because confusion!), you can't run since your mon is too slow.
    Quote Originally Posted by Takaki View Post
    @Pikmin1211; Pokemon Online has options for all but rotation battles. None of those you listed are competitive metagames though except Cresselia championships... I mean VGC.

Blog Entries

Oh, yeah, going to a cave full of Zubats. The Poke-Rap Zubat version sums that reaaaaalllly well!
    The PokéRap - Dark Cave Edition - dookieshed and NateWantsToBattle - YouTube

Level Grinding in Gen 5 was baaaad! CPU being stingy with experience points for overlevelled Pokémon, and more cases of wild Pokémon screwing my Pokémon over.

Thank Arceus these is no longer the case for XY - although GF still do that "Tentacool everywhere" on the oceans.

Humanity's Strongest Shiny Celebi's Avatar Administrator
    Blog Entries
    Follow Shiny Celebi On Twitter
    Follow Shiny Celebi on Tumblr

Level grinding is the most boring thing in my opinion, KOing Pokemon after Pokemon gets very tiring and I avoid it as much as possible.

EV training and past gen breeding was frustrating to me. It wasn't as easy as it is now with Super Training.

And as others have said the breeding mechanics were difficult.
    "There's no such thing as good money or bad money.
    There's just money."

Returning to Hoenn LavenderTownGhost's Avatar
    Blog Entries

The long, drawn out routes with many battles, and mainly the post game. I have done everything in the post game for X/Y, but still I feel like there is so much I still want to do...;_;
    "Halloween is every day!" -Sharon Needles

Banner made by Instrutilus

As much as I love having legendary Pokémon, one of the more boring things that can happen with them is when you have a team of close to level 100 legendaries and you're just winning every battle with them and all the NPCs are easily defeated. On the one hand you'd think it's great to always win battles, but at the same time you can probably get bored of not having enough of a challenge (though games have always frustrated me if I felt they got too hard or challenging).

It was a pleasure to burn BlackOsprey's Avatar
    Blog Entries

The post story after you've done everything possible... although that's true for any game. And the time between defeating the bad guy team and beating the Champion. Just feels kinda extra and pointless, you know? The threat's gone, story's practically finished, why even bother? That feeling's caused me to quit before the Elite Four many times before. And sometimes the monotony of turn-based gets to me... well, that's what hack-and-slash games are for.
    3DS Friend Code: 3136-7234-1327 IGN: Black

If you're important enough to have your own epic battle theme... you're important enough.

追放されたバカ
    Blog Entries

Game Freak coming up with a really good idea, and then removing it from future games. At first you think ok, eventually they will see sense and put it back, but they don;t and im bored of waiting examples include

*Event legendaries being battleable and catchable once you get an item instead of just handed to you
    *Vs Seeker
    *Pokethlon
    *Pokemon Contests
    *Pokemon following behind you
    *Secret Bases (above ground)
    *Apricorns
    *Pokewood Studios

I'd have to say that the most boring portion of the game for me is also the post game. I can level grind and catch Pokemon any day all day with a smile because I love battling and breeding new Pokemon (though I'm clueless about breeding 'competitive' Pokemon). But I just get bored in the post game when nothing new really happens. I mean, I like beating the Elite Four a bunch of times and all, but I do like having some plot or some events to drive me forward or at least something interesting.

A bit off topic, but in a lot of games there are side quests (for example Fallout 3, Atelier Iris, etc.). I think it would be pretty cool if Pokemon added that, even in a minor way. For example, they have Pokemon swarms, right? What about 'swarms' where it's the main games villains (ex. Team Rocket, Team Flare, and so on) attacking something or whatever with or without plot where you can just beat 'em up and go? What would you guys want added to the games to make them a bit better in the parts that make you bored, if you don't mind my asking?

some kind of madness TwilightBlade's Avatar Moderator
    Follow TwilightBlade On Twitter

I'm bored when it's the early game and I have less than 4 badges. It's only after playing a bit that I start to feel a connection with my main team.

EV training, level grinding, and hatching eggs are mighty boring, too.
    trade station
    ❝In this world, there are things you have to protect even if your hands get stained with blood.❞

Blog Entries

EV training and constant breeding for the right IVs and abilities.....I swear the Pokemon games deliberately troll you when it comes to breeding for the right IVs and the right abilities.

Lack of post-game content. Other than raising and battling, there's not much to do.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast