So a few months back, there was a pretty good thread going called something like 'The Scramble Challenge thread" or something, in which myself and a few others helped organise what's called a "Scramble run through" of the games for different members. It was really cool and loads of people got involved, but eventually it just kinda fizzled away and people stopped using it.
What I'd like to do here is get it started again only on a larger scale. The idea would be that if you were ever bored and you wanted to play through one of the Pokemon games, but with a twist, you could come here and be set challenges by other members. This could be anything from a Nuzlocke, a Mono-run, or a Scramble Challenge. In fact, if anyone knows of any other challenges that can be done, and I'll add them to the list below!
As I understand, @Baron Dante, who was heavily involved in the original thread, has already agreed to help out. If you're involved in the thread for a good wee while and would like to help, contact either him or myself.
Another aspect of the old thread was that once you had recieved all six of your seperate challenges for the scramble, you would blog your playthrough on your own page so that, if anyone was interested, they could keep up with it and even see how the challenges they had set for you work out.
Anyone who wants to start a Scramble Challenge, just post requesting for people to give them individual challenges for it here. If you want to do something like a Nuzlocke, there's not much point in you posting because you can go ahead and do that yourself anyway, but if you'd like to put a bit of a twist into it, you can ask for suggestions here too.
For those of you who don't understand what a Scramble Challenge is, you essentially play through one of the games using six Pokemon assigned to you by other people. For example, if you were doing a challenge in Ruby Version, I could set you the challenge "Catch a Poochyena and use it in your party for the whole game, but it may only evolve into Mightyena if you use it to solo Dewford Gym." So you HAVE to use Poochyena, but you DON'T HAVE to use it to solo Dewford Gym, but if you don't, it's not allowed to evolve. I personally think this is one of the most fun challenges you can do, as well as the easiest way to interact with each other whilst doing them.
I'll keep record of who has already been assigned what Scrambles here in the first post so that people don't end up getting asked to use the same Pokemon twice and whatever. Also, you may only assign one challenge per member, so all six members of your party from a Scramble challenge have to be from six different members. Don't make them too hard unless they ask you to!
Please note, it's common courtesy to set challenges in return for those who set you challenges. Also, from this point on, Players may not request challenges without also setting challenges for at least two other people in the same post.
Please do not set challenges for people that require them to release the Pokemon unless they specify that they're okay with it.
When someone sets you a challenge, don't forget to post saying that you accept the challenge so that I can confirm it on the main list below!
List of Scramble Challenges:
This list is here so as to prevent players from recieving two challenges to use the same Pokemon or two Pokemon of the same Type or something like that. Please refer to this before setting someone a challenge.
- Get a Grimer. It can only evolve into Muk if it knows the move Acid Armor (Learns it naturally at level 34), and if it evolves, it must keep the move. (Set by @Baron Dante)
- Catch a Vulpix. It learns Confuse Ray at level 21, and must keep that move for the rest of the game. Also, it's only allowed to evolve into Ninetales if it solos at least three of the Gym Trainers in Fuschia City. (Set by @BlueNostalgia)
- Catch a Pidgey first. It must learn Sand-attack. Sand attack must be kept for it to evolve into Pidgeotto. Then, Pidgeotto must be level 40 to evolve instead of 36. (Set by @KantoMasta)
- Catch a Voltorb before entering Rock Tunnel, and teach it Flash to help you make it through. You may only evolve it if you agree to keep Flash in its moveset permanently. Must have a Bold / Brave / Hasty / Jolly / Naughty / Quirky nature. (Set by @erling)
- Start off with Charmander. It may not evolve into Charmeleon unless it defeats Brock's Onix and Misty's Starmie by itself. It can not evolve into Charizard if it is used in Koga or Erika's gyms at all. (Set by @mwto)
- Catch a Cubone in Lavender Tower. It must be female and must learn both Rock Smash and Tail Whip ASAP. It must also solo Erika in order to evolve. (Set by @Furret162)
- Get a Pikachu. (Pichu is also fine) As soon as you can get the TM for Iron Tail (From Iron Island), Pikachu must learn it, and keep it in its moveset. It also cannot evolve unless it defeats Volkner's Raichu 1-on-1. (Set by @Baron Dante)
- Catch a Shellos. You can catch it at any point of the game you like. If you catch a pink one, it must learn Hidden Power at level 16 and keep it for the rest of the game. If you catch a Blue one, it's not allowed to learn any Ground moves. If it knows Ground moves when you catch it, you must get rid of them as soon as possible, and are not allowed to use them until you do. (Set by @BlueNostalgia)
- Capture a Buizel. It may used any Type of move untill it learns Aqua Jet at lvl 21, when it will only be able to use Water Type moves (they can be TM/HM, as long as they are Water Type) (Set by @Davethunder)
- Hatch Togepi from the egg you recieve from Cynthia. You may not leave Eterna City until it hatches, it must stay in your party at all times, and it may only evolve after learning Ancientpower. (Set by @Dark Victini)
- Get Eevee from Bebe. If it faints twice, it may never evolve, but furthermore, it must defeat Cyrus once and for all by itself, as and solo Giratina. (Set by @Shiny Shinx)
- Catch a Goldeen. It may not leave your party and may only evolve upon defeating Gym Leader Volkner's Jolteon. (Set by @mwto)
- Get Torchic as your starter. It must keep Growl until you reach Flannery, at which point you're only allowed to get rid of Growl if you solo her with Torchic (or Combusken, as the case may be). Also, Combusken is only allowed to evolve into Blaziken if it learns Sand Attack at level 21 and you promise to keep Sand Attack for the rest of the game. (Set by @BlueNostalgia)
- Catch a Wurmple and keep Poison Sting until it reaches Level 38, when it can be replaced by Toxic if it evolves to Duxtox or Giga Drain if it evolves to Beautifly. (Set by @Davethunder)
- Get an Anorith. All offensive moves it learns (This doesn't forbid defensive moves though) must utilize claws in a way or another. (Looking at Anorith moveset for Gen III, things like Scratch, Metal Claw, Fury Cutter, Aerial Ace, to name a few).(Set by @Baron Dante)
- Catch the Kelecon in Fortree City. It must learn Substitute (Level 40) and Protect (TM17), and uses Substitute at the start of every 'major' battle. It must have a Timid / Bashful nature. (Set by @erling)
- Catch a Nincada. It must solo at least one trainer in Lavaridge Town's Gym or Fortree City's Gm to be allowed to evolve, but when it does, you must have a space free in your party to get Shedinja and then release Ninjask. Shedinja must stay in your party. (Set by @mwto)
- Catch a Trapinch. It may only evolve into Vibrava if it defeats three Trapinch, six Poochyena, and one Mightyena in a row without fainting. It then may only evolve into Flygon if it defeats Elite Four member Drake's Shelgon and Salamance 1 VS 2. (Set by @Shiny Shinx)
- BONUS: Don't use any Super Effective moves against Gym Leader Norman. (Set by @KantoMasta)
- Catch a Whismur on Route 116. It must keep Uproar in its moveset. (Set by @Davethunder)
- Catch a Ralts. It must have three Status moves in its moveset at all times ASAP. It must also solo both the Rustboro and Dewford Gyms in order to evolve into Kirlia, and it solo Gym Leader Flannery in order to evolve into Gardevoir. (Set by @Furret162)
- Use Treecko as your starter. It's only allowed to evolve into Sceptile if it solos Gym Leader Norman, and it must learn and keep the move Screech ASAP. (Requires Confirmation) (Set by @BlueNostalgia)
- Catch a Surskit. It may only use moves that are 'Cute' in Pokemon Contests, until it reaches level 37, after which it may only evolve if it uses moves that appear as 'Beauty' moves. (Requires Confirmation) (Set by @mwto)
- Catch a Carvanha. It may not learn TMs (it is permitted, however, to learn HMs). (Requires Confirmation) (Set by @Baron Dante
- BONUS: Finish every major battle with the move Cut. (Set by @FairyRed)
- Catch a Wurmple. If it evolves into Silcoon, there's no challenge. If it evolves into Cascoon, however, it must stay as a Cascoon. (Requires Confirmation)(Set by @KantoMasta)
- Catch a Mareep. It must learn Charge ASAP which may only be replaced with Fire Punch once the oppertunity arises. It must defeat one of Jasmine's Magnemite in order to be allowed to evolve into Ampharos. (Set by @Davethunder)
- Catch a Hoothoot. It must learn and keep Reflect as soon as it can, and may only evolve if it solos Whitney's Miltank. (Set by @BlueNostalgia)
- Catch a Vulpix. It must solo Gym Leader Morty to evolve. (Set by @Shiny Shinx)
- Catch a Pichu / Pikachu. It may not evolve into Raichu, and must defeat Red's Pikachu 1 VS 1. (Set by @KantoMasta)
- You may catch a Pidgey. If you do, it can only evolve if it defeats Gym Leader Falkner in his Gym in two minutes and thirty seconds, or at the Saffron Dojo in five minutes. It may evolve a second time if it defeats Gym Leader Blue in his Gym in seven minutes or in the Saffron Dojo in ten minutes. (Set by @Shiny Shinx)
- Catch a Ditto. It may only hold the items Quick Powder or Metal Powder. (Set by @Baron Dante)
- Use Cyndaquil as your starter. As soon as possible, you must start giving it daily haircuts and massages to keep its happiness maxed out. (Set by @FairyRed)
- BONUS: If you can succesfully capture Unown spelling the word LOST SILVER in that order in under two minutes, you may also catch a Natu which has no further restrictions. (Set by @Shiny Shinx)
- Use Totodile as your starter. It must defeat Red's Blastoise 1 VS 1. (Set by @KantoMasta)
- Catch a Dunsparce with the ability Serene Grace. It may only use moves that are affected by its ability; this must include Rock Smash. (Set by @Furret162)
- Catch a Magmar. It may only use Physical moves, with the exception of Flamethrower. (Set by @Baron Dante)
- Get Kenya the Spearow from the guard north of Goldenrod city. Deliver its mail with a different Pokemon and teach Kenya the reward of TM44, which contains Rest. Kenya must keep the move Rest forever. (Set by @mwto)
- Catch a Smeargle. It must use Sketch to learn and keep at least two Status moves. (Set by @Davethunder)
@Shiny Shinx (FireRed / LeafGreen)
- Get an Eevee. This Eevee must replace your starter Pokemon. (Set by @Shiny Shinx). This Eevee may not evolve unless it solos the Fighting Dojo in Saffron City and Gym Leader Erika. (Set by @mwto)
- Catch a Rattata. It may not evolve until it learns Pursuit. (Set by @Dark Victini)
- Catch a Pidgey. It may only evolve into Pidgeotto if it solos Gym Leader Misty. (Set by @KantoMasta)
- Catch a Ponyta. It must have three have three Fire type moves in its moveset in order to evolve. (Set by @Davethunder)
- Catch a Psyduck. It may only evolve if it solos at least four trainers from the Gym in Saffron City, and it must learn and keep Screech as soon as possible. (Set by @BlueNostalgia)
@Dark Victini (Diamond)
- Catch a Shinx. It must replace your starter and may not evolve unless it solos Dialga / Palkia. (Set by @Shiny Shinx)
- Catch a Budew in Eterna Forest. It must solo Gardenia in order to evolve into Roselia, and must solo Candice in order to evolve into Roserade. (Set by @mwto)
- Catch a Bidoof. It must be nicknamed 'HERPDERP' and may only evolve after defeating Gym Leader Crasher Wake. (Set by @KantoMasta)
- Catch a Finneon. It may only evolve if it solos at least two trainers from the Gym at Snowpoint City. (Set by @Davethunder)
- Catch a Gastly. Regardless of whether or not you can trade, it may must only evolve into Haunter and cannot evolve the whole way to a Gengar. It must also learn and keep Curse as soon as possible. (Set by @BlueNostalgia)