Black and White Strategy Guide to come in two editions - Page 6

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Black and White Strategy Guide to come in two editions

Keep Moving Forward MasterKenobi's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Black and White Strategy Guide to come in two editions

The 2 volume announcement really should be no surprise to anyone as they have been doing it since Diamond and Pearl now. I still have all of the guides so far with the exception to Platinum and the second guide is only ever the one worth buying as it has a post-scenario guide as well as a full-on Pokedex listing moves and everything you can think of.

Done by the amazing Blazaking! ^^

Quote Originally Posted by immewnity View Post
    Collector's Edition: This limited hardcover edition will include everything in the first book plus the bonus of the Unova Region Pokédex. The regional Pokédex will include all 150+ new Pokémon. It will be available in the second book as well, but the Collectors Edition is the only place to find this information at game launch.
    Sweet. I couldn't decide which one I should get, until I read this thread--definitely getting the Collector's Edition.

If this is not allowed this moderators please feel free to remove this post.

I have taken the liberty to type up the quotes available in the limited edition guidebook:

We're very concerned. Bittersweet's Avatar

Follow Bittersweet on Tumblr

Just a quick question, if someone could VM me with an answer because I need to know right away...
    Does the Vol 2 guide (Unova Pokedex) contain ANYTHING that the Collector's Edition guide doesn't? if it does, what?

I need to know whether to refund my preorder at EB games or not... and I don't plan on paying $30 for a guide to the Pokemon Musicals.

My Gold Trainer Card (Pokémon X) :)

I'm really hoping the ver 2 guide will have some better info. I wad disappointed in the collectors edition. It has a decent walkthrough, but it's pretty bad on what wild pokemon are where and what the trainers have. Pretty much the only helpful thing in the pokedex is lvl up learnsets. Also the guide doesn't have much of anything that's off the main storyline. I like how there's only like 2 lines of very fine print text about Zoura and zoroark, but it still doesn't really tell you what to do. Im just glad I've got bulbapedia along with this guide.
    Been gone for a long while. I might be back....
    Blops2, lot's and lot's of Blops2

Finally got my shiny Axew

I picked up the Collectors Edition on Sunday when I went to get my game. It's awesome and I love using it, I just wish they added stuff like what the random trainers in the game use for Pokemon.

I'm not insane, just a loveable fangirl~ <3

"In your hand, take this key. So long as you have the makings, then through this simple act of taking... Its wielder you shall one day be. And you will find me, friend- no ocean will contain you then. No more borders around, or below, or above, so long as you champion the ones you love."-Terra

MEGA F'ING AMPHAROS!!! Ampharos King's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I purchased the hardcover at my local Gamestop. It was $10 ($29 in all since I had a Gamestop Power Card) pricier, but the durability alone and the hardcover was worth it. Plus I love the Reshiram/Zekrom lenticular cover art. That was the first thing I noticed of the hardcover, and I enjoy it so much.

From personal experience, this guide is very extensive. It doesn't go as far as calculating the actual percentage of encounter rates of pokemon in specific areas, though, but I'll let that slide. You get the basic points across; that some pokemon are harder to find than others, which are indicated by shapes. Two-layered circles for common pokemon, one layer circle for uncommon pokemon, hollow triangles for rare pokemon, and dark triangles for extremely rare pokemon (Tynamo, Cyrogonal).

In the back of the book it lists all of the trainers you can fight in a specific area, but for obvious reasons, do not list what pokemon they have.

Both the Gym Leader and Elite Four rosters only include a Pokemon's Level and Type, as well as recommended Types to fight against. It doesn't include the pokemon's moves which were a staple in the Gen III (RSE/FRLG strategy guides).

It's still very extensive. Any beginner player of the franchise should pick up a copy.

I'll rate the strategy guide a 9/10.

Who am I? Joshawott's Avatar Forum Head
    Blog Entries
    Follow Joshawott On Twitter
    Follow Joshawott on Tumblr Visit Joshawott's Youtube Channel

I just the strategy guide in Gamestation yesterday. As we don't get the special edition, I decided to pass.

Stranger than you dreamt Batbloodx's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I never buy the game guides, but I bought the Pokedex for HGSS because it's just that damn cool. Only thing I'm sad about is now my poster is outdated. :/
    You're running after something that you'll never kill; if this what you want, then fire at will...

Default Something interesting in the BW guide

I just found this in my Black and White player's guide. I have the hard-cover collector's edition, but i assume it's the same in the regular version, too. On pages 50 and 51, it has a long list of pokemon names, and if you look closely, it has Keldeo and Meloetta listed. Not Genesect, though. It's interesting cuz doesn't Nintendo usually keep a tight lid on the existence of event pokemon until their scheduled reveal.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456