Black and White: How do you like them?

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree39Likes

Thread: Black and White: How do you like them?

Blog Entries

Default Black and White: How do you like them?

I'm sorry if someone else has made this thread but I had to speak my mind. I have been playing since the original red and blue and I am a HUGE fan of the games. When Black and White came out I was really excited, but when I played them I must say I was disappointed. The starters are horrid, the rivals suck, and the legendaries are forgettable. There are a few generation 5 pokemon with a place in my heart, but most of them just don't have that pokemagic from the last games. The locations aren't very exciting either. I HATE that they removed competitions and there was no second region, just another half of Unova. Overall it was very disappointing, but it introduced a whole lot more players and for that I am thankful

Blog Entries

Default Re: Black and White: How do you like them?

Quote Originally Posted by YoBro22 View Post
    I HATE that they removed competitions and there was no second region, just another half of Unova.
    Sinnoh and Hoenn didn't have second regions either. >.> Anyway, I think they are the one of the best in the series. The Pokémon may not be at their best designs, but everything else (characters, locations and especially music), were at their primes.
    Last edited by MizuTaipu; 18th October 2011 at 03:36 PM.

Yes, I am THAT gli. :P Gligar13's Avatar
    Blog Entries

To me, Pokemon BW was Pokemon-Run-In-A-Straight-Line-and-Win version. For some reason, it felt like there were things stripped as well from BW to sell a 3rd version.....

Berry Growing was moved to DW (which will prob get shut down in a few years, remember the DP GTS site?), there haven't been as many events, the old LV 100 auto no restrictions from Wi-Fi is gone, and no battle frontier.

Also, the plot kinda sucked, same with the linearness. I wanted Pokemon, not Super Press Space to Win.

GameSpot gave it a 7.5 because it was a rehash. Having played the JP version when that came out, I 100% agree with it.
    dA::YT::furaffinity::Yes, I DID claim Gligar.

I loved the games, Gen V is easily my favorite Generation. Just because the progression around the map was linear doesn't make it any easier to play, there's plenty of really cool environments to explore especially post game. The plot is the best out of any Pokemon game so far, hell it's the first main series pair that actually have a decent plot.

FYI, GSC and remakes are the only games with a second region.
    Silverwynde likes this.

Starters of choice.
    Claimed Volcarona on 03/04/12.

It was okay. A little too linear and easy, but a lot better than DPP. I like that they introduced triple/rotation battles (I prefer triple), but they were hardly implemented. At least RSE had actually used the then-new double battles fairly often. I can't think of much else to discuss.

i disliked the way the region itself is set up and how once again you HAD to catch the legendaries for the story to progress, though I did think the backstory for the legendaries in this generation are better than we've seen in a long time. I didn't care for triple battles myself and they really let me down because that was supposed to be such a great thing.

Honestly, I never like EVERY pokemon that's introduced in a new generation, it just doesn't happen. Gen 1 is the only one I can say I liked all the pokemon. Every gen after that I just end up either liking a few of them or liking most of them. I don't think the designs are up to scratch this time around but there are some gems in there (Volcarona, Samurott, Muskedeers, etc.)

Black and White's storyline is excellent though, probably the best out of every game. You had rivals, who while not great each had their own unique stories. Gym Leaders who were actively helping you along your journey. And music that was just wonderful.

However, Its still obvious that things are being held back for a 3rd game, basically so GF can make more money.

Overall, Gen 5 is currently my 2nd favorite Gen.

"Strong Pokémon. Weak Pokémon. That is only the selfish perception of people. Truly skilled Trainers should try to win with the Pokémon they love best". -Karen

"For every pokemon there is a purpose and a time when it can shine under the sun." -Blue1225

追放されたバカ
    Blog Entries

I make my own challenges in B&W to make it feel longer that it's suppose to be, and by the third version, I'll finally get some of the move tutors I need for certain Pokemon.

Registered User Lord Clowncrete's Avatar
    Blog Entries

While I'm a fan of gen5 pokes, I must say that I found the games very very disappointing.

I'll just quote what I once told my friend about b/w:

over-rated and boring story line, removal of vital tms and move-tutors, no post-game content, late evolving pokes, over-emphasis on social gameplay, useless and horrible features like DW and entralink, no battle frontier, average graphics far behind their competitiors and the list goes on and on.
    Also, these are my opinions. So, don't start arguing with me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Takaki View Post
    @Pikmin1211; Pokemon Online has options for all but rotation battles. None of those you listed are competitive metagames though except Cresselia championships... I mean VGC.

Triple battles = Spam Eruption while Ninetails brings me sun. After using this strategy against my friend, he is convinced that Typhlosion should be OU, and he never did a triple battle with me since. I do admit that Typhlosion's speed is really nice to have when you're packing Eruption though.

I did think the Soul Silver version was better (it felt more complete overall), but my sister got White for her birthday, so I decided to get Black. Still a good game though, and one of my favorite songs is that route right before hitting the Victory Road gates.
    Last edited by Vraell; 18th October 2011 at 10:09 AM.

Magical Girl Shiny Celebi's Avatar Super Moderator
    Blog Entries
    Follow Shiny Celebi On Twitter
    Follow Shiny Celebi on Tumblr

I love alot of the Gen 5 Pokemon and I like how N and Team Plasma gave it more of a story than the previous games but I found gameplay tedious. Pokemon are slower to level up than in previous games, and when you beat the main story there really isnt much to do. I hope the third game improves upon this and adds post game stuff.

追放されたバカ
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Clowncrete View Post
    While I'm a fan of gen5 pokes, I must say that I found the games very very disappointing.

I'll just quote what I once told my friend about b/w:

Also, these are my opinions. So, don't start arguing with me.
    ^ You do realize that those features are exclusive only to the third version/remakes right? Of course there will be very little move tutors and no Battle Frontier.

Blog Entries

They saved the best DS Pokemon games for last. Gen IV added a lot of great new features and connectivity innovations, but the mostly lackluster Pokemon brought them down a bit. Then Black and White came along with what I think is the best new Pokemon lineup in the series, along with adding more to Gen IV`s solid battling foundation and making it better (not exactly balanced, but certainly better). I also, in my opinion, think the graphics improved signifigantly over Gen IV with the animated sprites and overall prettier aesthetic. The storyline was much better than previous games as well, with great characters like N and most of the gym leaders So basically, Black and White are the best in the series imo.

Blog Entries

I love Black and White... two of the best games, they added alot of really good features, I Love DreamWorld and The new Pokemon are just AMAZING!!!! i also really like the continuously animated sprites it just gives it a little extra more life like quailty, the graphics have also gotten alot better, the characters are also nice and different, I thought it really refreashing to have 3 rivials instead of just 1, it was a amazing addition!

But there were somthings that dissapointed me, like how the head of your team doesnt follow you around like in HG/SS and that they removed contests... im my opinion the musicals just suck and are kinda stupid! contests were so much better!
    Black FC: 1420 9561 6865
    Pearl FC:1506 8850 5973

In my opinion, B/W are the second best games in the series. I like most of things avout them:designs,region and bonus features such as DW.

What I don't like are the Battle Subway and the region legendaries (except the mascots).

Blog Entries

Follow HumanDawn on Tumblr

I play a Pokemon game to calm myself. B/W have calmed me and made me relax the most and with no eye twitching monster designs. Red/Blue were a bit stressful to play but still fun. Silver/Gold was a lot more enjoyable, I loved them but still felt a bit empty. Ruby/Sapphire, I played on an emulator and the environment was pretty but wasn't too enjoyable and Diamond/Pearl gave me a headache when I reached the 2nd gym, but loved it all the way after that like the others.

With Black/White, I felt like I was in the world. Breathing the air, being with the Pokemon, being in the story and feeling free to do whatever I wanted in the world. The music helped the most. Pokemon games are part of your education, believe it or not. I enjoy the Pokemon, like the games for what they are. I have to mostly thank the 3D personalities of the Pokemon. I just love them, even the stalactite and abomination. They're fun ^_^. You have to look at the game like a kid, not as an adult.

Pokemon Mystery Dungeon 2 still beats the rest because of its high emotional value. I didn't want the adventure to ever end in that one, but sadly all things come to an end. Pokemon ending? The thought of that makes me twitch to no end. B/W gave me hope for it.

N's Farewell sums my thoughts up of B/W.

Pokemon Black and White - N's Farewell (Official Game Rip) - YouTube

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast