Black 2/White 2 Travelog (Read First Post) - Page 3

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Like Tree34Likes

Thread: Black 2/White 2 Travelog (Read First Post)

Zeb
    making a splash Zeb's Avatar Deputy Head Administrator
    Blog Entries

Follow Zeb on Tumblr

Default Re: Black 2/White 2 Travelog (Read First Post)

Quote Originally Posted by Gym Leader Janine View Post
    Anyway, I named my rival @Zeb; keeping with the tradition of naming them after someone I know who got the game around the same time as me.
    :3

I did some soft resetting to get a good nature Tepig - I ended up getting an Adamant female (what are the odds?) so I called her Azusa - as in K-ON!! she wore a pig costume while trying to recruit members.
    I got an Adamant female Snivy on my game :p
    Joshawott likes this.

Follow Mokoko On Twitter Add Mokoko on Facebook Add Mokoko on Google+
    Follow Mokoko on Tumblr

Another day, more game!

So obviously before going for Chuck you have to do something in Chargestone cave I think. Loving getting attacked by Joltik. They are the cutest!
    Seems though that even they are killing off my Trapinch. How you ask? That's' a very good question and I'd love to answer if only I knew how, lol.
    Walking around trying to explore the cave just now, same as before mainly and just trying to get my team up and up and up.

Ps. If anyone can think of any good way to make my team better then by all means let me know :)

New - Realised what I had forgotten...someone had to give me something. In Clay's Gym now, the lights are freaking me out. Cue heart attack or something, ha ha ha. So in the Gym just now, will update team accordingly.
    Just defeated Clay, he took out all my team except, Sigilyph and Arcanine. Might have to train for a good while after this.

New - Levelling up before going to my next point that I'm told is the World Tournament. Want all to hit at least lv.30 perhaps more.
    Just stepped outside the Pokémon centre in Driftviel and it's raining, ha ha ha!
    Fought the breeder in Route 6 again and that's Samu at lv.29, not too long until he evolves now. Heading back to Nimbasa to the Pokémon Centre. Then heading to the sport domes for some levelling and then to my hidden hollows nearby and then to the World Tournament.
    As for medals I have numbers 1,5,8,20,21,22,24,25,27,28,31,39,53,54,55,56,57,58,59,60,61 and 62.
    I am running my game through a translated patch so I know what they all mean. Quite exciting :)

Found a couple of Audino the right of Nimbasa that let my Dewott get up to lv.30,only Arcanine to go now and those hidden hollows!
    Arcanine is now lv.30 after fighting the breeder in the Lostlorn Forest and a wild Pokémon. Received a Stable Mulch in my hollow. Heading to World Tournament now.

World Tournament against my rival, Bob! Mine are all lv.30 and his Servine is lv.25...fluke? Ha ha. Love the music, going a battalin!

New - World Tournament is freaking crazy awesome! Fought with Bob, won. fought with Cheren an the battle intro changed to a cage thing it was tres cool. Now waiting for the wee Tournament board again to see who I'm up against next. Loving the music and the screen where the characters come up!
    Acroma now and the lights when you walk out for 3rd round and the cheering...awesome sauce!!!
    Not awesome anymore, I got beat XD Sucks but I can only try again yeah? Stupid Magneton!

Going in again...wish me luck XD

New - Arcanine (Wynd) helped me win, just Flame Wheel and Flame Burst helped me win, woo hoo!
    Yay, can't go back in, more story progression. Team Plasma grunts on a boat of some sort...oooooo, scary biscuits! They'll be wel easy though, no worries, see you on the other side!
    Two double and singles battles later and the "Shadow Triad" show up and vanish me off the boat! I'm like wft! XD

Just went through cave south of Driftviel fought trainers and pushed blocks, Managed to get 2 member of my team both up to lv.33 while the others are still at lv.30, will work on them now. So Relic Castle now....will have fun! Got rid of Tailwind in Sigilyph for Synchronise.

New - Managed to secure Surf on the way up to Chargestone, who knew that Cheren was so thoughtful...just what I needed, ha ha ha. Used the HM on Dewott obviously and got rid of Water Gun for it. Got a few things up some more. Really not long now til Trapinch and Dewott evolve, then lv.45 for Vibrava and I have my full team. Hopefully I'll be able to take on the league with them.

AAAAARRRGGHHH! Just got scared out my complete wits again! Cobalion jumped up right infront of me and nearly knocked me down! Those things should have a licence! XD

New - In Chargestone cave...fought alot of trainers, trying to get round and back out of this place. Taught Flash to Leavanny before I entered the Mistralton cave. Everything up at lv.33 apart from Arcanine and Leavanny, not be long til they will be there too.

Trapinch(M): Tochi lv.33
    Ability: Hyper Cutter
    Nature: Mild
    Item: Soft Sand
    Moves: Rock Slide, Dig, Bide, Bulldoze

Sigilyph(M): Glyph lv.33
    Ability: Magic Guard
    Nature: Lax
    Item: TwisteSpoon
    Moves: Fly, Synchronise, Air Cutter, Psybeam

Lucario(M): Rye lv.33
    Ability: Steadfast
    Nature: Naughty
    Item: Quick Claw
    Moves: Strength, Return, Copycat, Force Palm

Leavanny(F): Haha lv.31
    Ability: Chlorophyll
    Nature: Hasty
    Item: Miracle Seed
    Moves: Flash, Cut, Bug Bite, Razor Leaf

Dewott(M): Samu lv.33
    Ability: Torrent
    Nature Serious
    Item: Mystic Water
    Moves: Revenge, Razor Shell, Surf, Water Pulse

Arcanine(M): Wynd lv.31
    Ability: Intimidate
    Nature: Naive
    Item: Charcoal
    Moves: Flame Wheel, Flame Burst, Reversal, Dig
    Last edited by Mokoko; 7th July 2012 at 02:56 AM. Reason: update
    X and Y, the genetical structure of life

Note: If anyone would like a trade or battle please PM me

FC: 3007-8640-9518
    Name: Alex

Blog Entries
    Follow Soulweaver On Twitter Add Soulweaver on Facebook Add Soulweaver on Google+
    Follow Soulweaver on Tumblr Visit Soulweaver's Youtube Channel

*cleans tumbleweed from this thread*

Yeah... It's been quite a while since my last update. After dealing with Plasma, I left to Undella and got to Seigaiha via Marine Tube rather quickly. Marlon didn't offer much of a challenge, can't remember how the battle went but can't remember having any trouble there. And then came the part where I was stuck for almost two weeks; I didn't understand I needed to go near that Terrakion on Route 22 to obtain the damn key item to progress! Well, got the device and caught a Crustle destined to rot in the box, and then did this and that at the Plasma Frigate. I think Colress was actually harder than Ghetsis, for some reason.

Proceeded to Giant Chasm and bugged Plasma a bit more; also tried to catch White Kyurem without realising its parts still belonged to Ghetsis and N >_> After that was done, headed towards Route 23. Found a random hidden Dusk Stone in a rock by accident, which saved me from the trip back to Stranger House. Right after Lampent learned Shadow Ball, it was time to evolve it into Chandelure. Spent a few hours navigating the huge Victory Road, and then arrived at the League. Finally, it was time to forget the excess HMs from the team members. Spammed TMs to the Pokémon and took the challenge, only to realise I forgot to exchange the Lv24 Tranquill with Fly back to Archeops, and lost to Shauntal because hadn't saved before all the TM stuff. When the little mishap was fixed, started all over again and won rather easily.

Shauntal
    Started with Cofagrigus vs. Leavanny, defeated Cofagrigus with a few Shadow Claws. She brings out Chandelure, which I OHKO with Archeops' Rock Slide. She retaliates with Drifblim only to be countered with Magnezone's Thunderbolt. Finally, it's Golurk vs. Lapras; Lapras Surfs Golurk to red zone, Shauntal wastes a Full Restore as a second Surf negates its effect, and the third one downs the golem once for all.

Grimsley
    He starts with Liepard, I start with Lucario. Liepard uses Fake Out and boosts Lucario's Speed via Steadfast, and a single Aura Sphere downs the cat. Not much use for that boost, though, as he brings out Krookodile. I switch to Leavanny and bring it down with a few Leaf Blades. Out comes Scrafty, which is quickly defeated by Archeops's Acrobatics. It would be time for Bisharp to shine, though Chandelure OHKOs it with a well placed Flamethrower. Another easy victory.

Marshal
    The battle starts with Throh versus Archeops, and Throh is defeated by a single Acrobatics. He replaces it with Conkeldurr, which endures an Acrobatics and proceeds to defeat Archeops with a Stone Edge. A single Psychic by Lapras finishes it, though. Next up is Mienshao, which I face with my Chandelure. His Mienfoo is faster and deals the first damage with a Bounce, though it's hardly effective and a single Psychic brings Mienshao down. His trump card is Sawk, who endures a Psychic from Chandelure and defeats it with a Rock Slide, but Lapras arrives again to save the day with a Psychic. During the battle, Archeops learned Dragon Claw and forgot U-turn; I didn't hesitate at all since I had been spoilered that Iris is a Dragon-type Champion :p

Caitlin
    I decide to take on her Musharna with my Chandelure. The first Shadow Ball brings it to yellow zone, and it uses Yawn. A second one defeats Musharna once for all, though Chandelure falls asleep. Her next choice is Sigilyph, thus I bring out Magnezone. A single Thunderbolt is enough to bring the oddity down. Next up is Reuniclus, which I face with Leavanny; its Shadow Claw isn't quite enough to defeat Reuniclus, though, leaving it in the red as it's defeated. Knowing the quirks of the AI, I bring out Chandelure again and use her inevitable Full Restore turn to use a Full Heal to get rid of the sleep status. Two Shadow Balls defeat Reuniclus, leaving Chandelure in the yellow, but just one more Shadow Ball sweeps her Gothitelle out of the way.

Iris
    The little miss doesn't hold back, starting with Hydreigon off the bat. I bring out Lapras, and after exchanging two Dragon Pulses and Ice Beams, Hydreigon is gone and Lapras is in the yellow. Next comes out Druddigon, who outspeeds Lapras and defeats it. I send in Archeops, who deals quite a bit of damage with Dragon Claw but is defeated as well. I switch to Magnezone and play a little time by using Max Revives to both Lapras and Archeops, which I know to be useful later on, and after the two hits it took to defeat Magnezone, I bring back Archeops and finish it off with one more Dragon Claw.

Her next Pokémon is Lapras, which I face with Lucario. Two Aura Spheres and one Surf later, the sea monster has been defeated. She continues with Aggron, but it falls with a single Aura Sphere. I could've been in trouble if it had had Sturdy as its ability :p Then, it's time to deal with Haxorus. It isn't a huge obstacle to Lapras, though, who shows it who's the boss here with two solid Ice Beams. At last, it's time for the final Pokémon! She sends out Archeops, I switch my own Archeops in the play for the maximum epicness. Luckily, mine outspeeds hers and brings it down with a single Rock Slide, and thus a new Champion is born.

*) These descriptions are at least 95% accurate; can't be 100% sure of everything since I didn't write stuff down until after beating the game :p

TRAINER'S CARD
    ことみ Kotomiなまえ Name
    パラソルおねえさん Parasol Lady
    ひかえめ Modestせいかく Nature
    240ひきずかん Pokédex
    354418円おこずかい Money
    10976IDNo.
    63:51プレイじかん Play Time
    おかあさん だいすき! おとうさん も すき!
    I like my mom a lot! I like my dad, too!

Lv.56
    ラプラス
    Water Absorb
    Mystic Water
    Ice Beam Surf
    Body Slam Psychic

Lv.56
    ジバコイル
    Sturdy
    Magnet
    Flash Cannon Supersonic
    Signal Beam Thunderbolt

Lv.54
    ハハコモリ
    Chlorophyll
    Miracle Seed
    X-Scissor Leaf Blade
    Slash Shadow Claw

Lv.57
    チャンデラ
    Flash Fire
    Charcoal
    Flamethrower Psychic
    Will-o-Wisp Shadow Ball

Lv.55
    ルカリオ
    Steadfast
    Quick Claw
    Aura Sphere Shadow Claw
    Bone Rush Psychic

Lv.58
    アーケオス OT/민타카
    Defeatist

Acrobatics Rock Slide
    Dragon Claw Crunch

Off to post-E4 game I go!~
    yourlilemogirl likes this.

Former staff member · X Pokédex status (incl. foreign dexes) · Bank Living Dex status · 3DS FC: 4699 6589 8963

Blog Entries

Well, I beat the game just a few days ago using a Rotation team of Serperior, Lucario, Magnezone, Arcanine, Sandslash, Vaporeon, Sigilyph, and Braviary. Using more than 6 team members was surprisingly fun and easy given how high-leveled everything is, but it was a bit difficult trimming the team down to 6 to beat the Elite Four with. I've already headed to White Forest and Iccirus to round everything up in central Unova, and I'll probably head to Southeastern Unova after catching some of the Legendaries.

I was pleasantly surprised with how useful Sigilyph, Magnezone and Sandslash were, but I was actually a little let down by Lucario and Arcanine, who took a while to learn worthwhile attacks. Serperior, as always, was great against Water, Rock and Ground-types and useless against everything else, but it did fulfill its role well enough. Braviary was sadly rather useless since it was just shy of knowing Superpower (it's level 49, learns Superpower at 51 D:) but at least it's going to do great in the post-game. Still upset about the lack of a new region or places to explore, but at least WT and White Tree Hollow will hold me over for a while once I get settled on a really good team.
    3DS FC: 1203-9389-8130

Blog Entries

~5 hours in, about to challenge Roxie. Current team: Magby lv 17, Tepig lv 17, Psyduck lv 13. Right now I'm just looking to get through normal mode quickly so I can move on to Challenge mode and actually explore.

10 Hours, made it to Nimbasa, in the new gym. Golbat lv 24, Tepig lv 20, Magby lv 19, Rattata lv 21, Psyduck lv 20
    Last edited by RioTDoll; 8th October 2012 at 03:04 PM.

Magical Girl Shiny Celebi's Avatar Super Moderator
    Blog Entries
    Follow Shiny Celebi On Twitter
    Follow Shiny Celebi on Tumblr

I played for about 5 hours. I started the game with Oshawott, battled the Rival and got the Pokedex, I caught a bunch of Pokemon including a Riolu and Pidove I'm now using on my team along with Oshawott. I leveled up and battled Cheren, I lost to him once because I wasnt leveled up enough but beat him the second time. Then, went past Floccesy town to Virbank and spent some time level grinding, then went and beat Roxie, she wasnt too hard but i had a little trouble. After that, I went to the PokeStar Studios place and made a movie there. It seems kinda cool. Then I encountered Team Plasma and beat them in battle and followed the rival back to Virbank. I stopped playing after that.

Add Kelleo on Facebook
    Visit Kelleo's Youtube Channel

I bought Black 2 today! I started playing in the truck cause we were going to be out for awhile. I didn't play much though, because doing stuff like reading or playing a game in a moving vehicle for too long makes me carsick. I saved right after Bianca showed me how to catch a Pokemon. :)

I chose Snivy for my starter, as I had in Black cause it's my favorite of the Unova starters. I did consider picking Oshawott instead though, because Samurott is awesome. But I decided on Snivy instead. Serperior is equally as awesome as Samurott, imo.

EDIT: Holy crap. My Snivy is female. I got a female one in Black too. How about that? lol She's also timid natured. Which is pretty decent for a Snivy. Raises speed and lowers attack. Looks like this girl is going to be a special sweeper.

EDIT2: Oh, I forgot to mention that I lost to Hugh too. But only cause he got lucky and got a critical hit. >_<

Caught in a lab romance~ Araragi-hakase's Avatar Head Administrator
    Blog Entries
    Follow Araragi-hakase On Twitter
    Follow Araragi-hakase on Tumblr

I'm about 10 hours in! I chose Tepig as my starter, and I've been having a really hard time deciding what I want on my final team. I had a Riolu that I trained for Cheren's gym, but ended up beating him with just Tepig. First battle as gym leader. Loses. He gave me a bit of a difficult time. I had a REALLY easy time against Roxie (her gym is...creepy after all of the music is gone.) I found an Elekid that I decided to train for my team because I've never used one before, so far he is a little beast and I love him. Got lost in the sewers in Castelia for fucking ever because I didn't realize the Plasma grunts were literally rIGHT THERE and I was running around with my rival for like 20 minutes fighting Ratatta and Zubats all deep in the sewers where I didn't need to be and oh wow blah. Didn't have any trouble with Burgh at all, Pignite handled him just fine :3

Once I got in to the desert, I found a Sandile that I decided I wanted to train for my team, too. At first I had trouble with him (I blame his moveset...I didn't feel like there were enough powerful offensive moves early on to make him of much use) but once I found the Dig TM and taught it to him, he's been leveling up a lot easier and he was great against Elesa.

And oh wow can I just fangirl over Elesa's gym for a second here. WOW. JUST. WOW. By far my favorite gym so far.

I'm in Driftveil now, just got N's Zorou and will probably level up a bit before I challenge Clay. I caught a Ducklette on the bridge that I want to add to my final team and level up a bit. I'm too lazy to go look at their movesets, but my team right now consists of Pignite, Elekid, Krokorok, Ducklette...and temporarily N's Zorou and a random Minccino until I catch something else I want to train.

I've been really trying to pace myself through this game because I want to be able to enjoy it, but at the same time ahhhh I want to train my team and beat the league and all of that XD

Blog Entries

Ive played about 8 hours so far. I got to Castelia city and explored around and battled at the Battle Company, then went to the gym and Iris took me to the Sewer to find Team Plasma, where I teamed up with the rival and had a double battle with me and the rival vs Team Plasma. Then I spend a long time in Castelia Sewer, and my DS turned off and I'd forgot to save so I had to do it all again >_<. I went up to the park area and spent like an hour looking for an Eevee for my team, I finally found one, then I went to the gym beat the trainers and Burgh.

Team:
    Dewott L 23
    Tranquil Lv 22
    Lucario Lv 22
    Eevee Lv 18

Blog Entries

I am liking White 2 so far! Maybe because the places I have been to are all new, but nonetheless they did a great job thus far. Sorry if I make typos.. this was from last night and my DS is not on.

-Picked Oshawott as my starter
    -Did the essentials in the Flocessary Ranch
    -Caught a Riolu
    -Went to the first gym
    -Lost to Cheren
    -Level grinded 9which took forever) so both were level 14
    -Rebattled Cheren, won easily
    -Just got to the 3rd city, walked around & saved my game

Retired RNGer. May pick up again in the future.
    What

Add Kelleo on Facebook

Finally, I can post again. This thread needs to be a little more active, lol.

Anyway, I beat Cheren in one try, and I had no fighting type moves or Pokemon. I never once found a Riolu anyway. All I had was a lv. 12 Snivy and a lv. 11 Psyduck when I went in to challenge Cheren. The only reason I won though, was a couple of crits from my Snivy on his Lillipup. xP Otherwise, I think he might have beaten me.

I later caught myself a Pidove (I prefer Swanna as a flying type, but it's also a water type, and I already caught a Psyduck for my water type). Then I got to Virbank City to train up for Roxie. I thought she might be difficult since I had trouble with poison type Pokemon in the past (especially Koga's...). But she was actually easy since my Psyduck learned Confusion and Pidove had type advantage against Whirlipede.

My team is now:

Servine lv. 19
    Psyduck lv. 19
    Pidove lv. 18

I have 8 medals so far too. One being the Dowsing Beginner medal too. ^^

You don't need the Dowsing Machine to achieve this one at all. You see, if you look around enough, you'll find spots that will probably most definitely have an item hidden there. Check lots of places too. Rocks, empty spaces inside patches of grass, walls at dead ends inside caves, stuff like that. These spots, I find, are quite likely to have hidden items.

And that's really all you can do for item hunting pre-Dowsing Machine.

Now, since my business in Virbank is done, I guess my next stop is Pokestar Studios!

Blog Entries

So I've been playing for about 9 hours or so and can honestly say--this game rocks!

I already have the first two badges and as of right now, I'm crawling around in Castelia's sewer system. (Eeeeeewww...!) But previously on Black 2:

I caught several tossers that I used to trade over my beloved Golurk, my shiny Golett and quite a few others that I couldn't live without. Thanks to all that trading, I netted the medal for trading and the shiny medal. The shiny medal has been duly chosen as my favorite. I'm hovering at around 27 or so medals right now.

Getting the first Badge was a breeze thanks to my Riolu; he stomped Cheren's Lillipup to mush. Unfortunately, Prima couldn't handle it and fainted on me. Not a good sign. =/ My second Badge was won by the skin of my teeth as my newly evolved Lucario was two levels below Roxie's Whirlipede. But somehow, Ruki scraped out a win for me. Man, I am loving that Lucario.

Made my first movie and it netted 36 billion at the box office. I'll do a few more later.

Right now, I'm running around the sewers, hoping to catch a few more tossers. I really want that "Fill a whole box" medal! XD

Team Battle Maison
    Claimed: Golett ~ Iron Fist ~ Shadow Punch ~ Big Pearl ~ Light Clay.
    GPX+

Blog Entries

I've got 6 badges now and I'm heading toward Opelucid City to battle Drayden. It's getting a little bit tough so, I'm gonna have to train a little bit. I expect trouble with Drayden since I have no Ice type :/ I might have to bring one over from White for that battle, but I'll try without it. Id like to get the last two badges hopefully tomorrow.
    Team:
    Samurott Lv 41
    Lampent Lv 41
    Fraxure Lv 39
    Galvantula Lv 39
    Lucario Lv 38
    Leafeon Lv 37

Has converted to Helixism Miles101's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Got the third gym badge last night. Full log of events:

-Oliver the Tepig evolved
    -Several ambiguously camp clowns were beaten mercilessly
    -Burgh was also beaten mercilessly. His room caught this trainer by surprise, and she had to take a few seconds to process the absolutely FABULOUS camp-ishness of it all.
    -After getting the badge, the plot picked up once more. Colress was met and and fangirls squeed.
    -Colress was beaten slightly less than mercilessly.

That's it for now. Team:

Oliver, Pignite
    Ryou, Riolu
    Aperture, Magnemite
    Stephen, Pidove

Add Kelleo on Facebook

lol, I just got the Insect Badge myself. I lost to Burgh the first time around though. My team was slightly underleveled, so yeah. But the second time, my Tranquill managed to barely beat Leavanny.

I'll battle Colress next time I play.

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast