101 80.80%
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: Which is the better remake?

Þæ åsåmste mæn ån þæ sæit Battaman's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Which is the better remake?

Yeah, I love my metronome teams, to bad so few of the gen4s can learn it :/

FC: 2766-8797-7935 Known as Bent in game
    Due to reaching 90 friends om my 3DS, I will not add anyone anymore random people, I'm sorry, don't take it personally.

I'd say FRLG, partially just because Red/Blue/Green where more in need of remakes than Gold and Silver were. Looking back on RBG, while they're awesome and fun games, they were very rough. GS polished the franchise a ton. I think RBG would be unplayable to a gamer today who had never played them before, so FRLG made them modern and accessible.

Blog Entries

I picked HGSS, mainly because there are so many new awesome features already added to the features that were in the original series. It also adds on to the original storyline a bit. Now I did like LGFR, don't get me wrong they are great remakes it's just that they mainly retold the original story with minor additions.(The islands are pretty cool though, it's just I feel that there could have been better additions to the remakes...)

追放されたバカ
    Blog Entries

I say HG/SS. They have improved features over FR/LG (for obvious reasons).

Simpler times ahead
    Blog Entries

FRLG for being just a regraphiced Kanto. HGSS sucks for all its changes. Just ew, changes.
    "Funneh bunneh and the dammut Bahamut go on an adventure!"-Chespin Circa 2009

I sure was funner back then, possibly even stupider....

says "yeah" a lot. Lawnmowergirl's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I'd say that FrLg and HGSS are equal in terms of improvement upon their respective originals, but in regards to how much better they were than the previous games in the generation they belong to, HGSS is the winner, no contest.

And if I put that in a rather confusingly verbose way, let me rephrase it:
    FrLg improved upon RBY exactly as much as HGSS imrpoved upon GSC, but HGSS is a lot better than DPPt, whereas the only real advancement in technology from RSE to FrLg was....*struggles to think of something* The Wireless Adapter. I mean, sure, the wireless Union Room is now an integral part of the system, but it was the only difference in technology between FrLg and RSE (although it must be mentioned that Emerald came out after FrLg and uses the Wireless Adapter). HGSS gave us the ability to use, if I remember correctly, NOTHING BUT THE TOUCH SCREEN; you don't even need to press any buttons except in a small handful of circumstances, all of which involve communication with DPPt. DPPt never had this.

And that is why HGSS gets my vote.

And now a diagram to confuse you even more, attachment'd for my convenience (I'm lazy, deal with it. :P)
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails chart.png  

Morpheus♥Orange♥Contest♥HeatTag♥Wishful♥Rocket

deviantart|photobucket|pixiv|youtube|fanfiction|tumblr|shipping

Registered User scrambled_togepi's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Mitchman View Post
    FRLG for being just a regraphiced Kanto. HGSS sucks for all its changes. Just ew, changes.
    Really? I found the opposite to be true.

In HeartGold SoulSilver the just added some small areas: johto safari zone, Pokeathlon, GTS, Battle Frontier, Palpark, Cerulean Cave, Viridian Forrest, weather effects, and an altered Mt. silver.

Most of these changes were either made to include standard gen 4 features (GTS, Frontier, Palpark, weather effects) or areas Gold and Silver should've had in the first place (Viridian Forrest, Cerulean Cave, Safari zone).

Frontier wasn't exactly standard, but would have been insulting to not include it.

FireRed LeafGreen added a new region and an extended story. As well as standard gen 3 features (girl player character, breeding, Battle tower)

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789