• Unova

36 73.47%
  • dont know

0 0%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Best generation storyline

Default Re: Best generation storyline

I first started Pokemon in 4th gen and Sinnoh is still amazing. Epic plot, Cyrus added depth as an original antagonist as well, imo.

Blog Entries

Follow Zexy on Tumblr Visit Zexy's Youtube Channel

I vote for BW Unova. Climatic battle instead of Champion for the end was a win-win.
    B2W2 isn't like that, though. The storyline was too flawed for my standards. Still better than Gen 1/2 though.

I got a scum result on that bush! LYNCH IT LYNCH IT LYNCH IT!

Definitely Unova

The Deceiver Pokemon Team Gaara's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Probably just saying this since they were the first main series games I played, but I love Sinnoh's storyline. I mean, Cyrus was trying to literally destroy the world and create a new one to become a god. Maybe not the most "in-depth" like Unova, but it seems the most serious to me. Hoenn is a close second. Another villainous team (s) with huge goals, and the conflict between Aqua and Magma was really good, to me.

Generation V's storyline was more enjoyable for me :3. Shame that it's over. The idea of actually making sequels (Black 2 and White 2) than a remake with a bit more content is genius. To be honest, I find Platinum, Emerald, and Crystal really unnecessary, although they were still good games nonetheless. Starting from Generation III, the story got more in depth rather than people controlling the world. Generation V improved on that.
    "I never get tired of this view." -Nancy

Blog Entries

Follow Yato on Tumblr

BW. I said this many times before, but I actually applauded standing up that moment when N said farewell and the credits started to roll. It's not because I'm an N fangirl - the story is by far the best I've ever seen.

Follow Spiffee On Twitter
    Follow Spiffee on Tumblr

I thought Hoenn's plot was inherently badass. Flooding the world and a permanent drought? Heck yes!

Has converted to Helixism Miles101's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Sinnoh's was the best. The legendaries fit together so well, the story itself was intriguing (and the villain was frickin' awesome) but the best part of it all was definitely the Distortion World in Platinum. You only get to visit it for a short time and yet it was so original and cool-looking.

Black and White was cool as well, since the message was awesome and a good lesson to be learned. Can't beat the Creation Trio though.

Red
    Blog Entries
    Follow Red On Twitter Add Red on Facebook Add Red on Google+
    Visit Red's Youtube Channel

Well, Generation V felt a tad idiotic and predictable. I understand and respect hypocrisy as a trait, but an entire team preaching; "Pokemon should be free!" but everyone goes about business as usual? Eeh. While I enjoy B/W I found its story irritating at times, to say the least. If we had seen characters act amoral toward their goals, compromise their ideals and suffer for it, then I may have had a different opinion.

Kanto is the original, but it's also quite barebones. I never really took its plot seriously, and Team Rocket never reached the status of legendary villains in my eyes. And Giovanni came off a tad whiny, I guess you could say.

I much prefer the larger story in GII, or rather HG/SS. I loved the clever additions, the time traveling, the story as a whole through the game was very rewarding, for me anyway. The return of Team Rocket felt like a credible threat and event, which was fun, and your role felt more epic and heroic. Perhaps that was just my experience. Anyway, those are my two cents on the matter.
    Y: COMING SOON
    BLACK: 4213-4161-1545
    SOULSILVER: 3741-1763-4063

-You're really irritating.
    -Does irritating mean 'fun'?

Electrifyingly Adorable Sakuraa's Avatar

I really liked Hoenn's plot. Having 2 villinous leaders for the first time, iirc, summoning legendary Pokemon to accomplish their goals, not to mention being the first to try to ultimatley change the world, through floods or droughts. I also liked Sinnoh's since it felt was really deep with Cyrus trying to create a whole new universe. I'd say a tie between these 2.

Bringing the Thunder Bolt the Cat's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Definitely Unova, no contest. BW1's storyline was amazing on so many levels, I just can't even imagine how they could possibly top themselves. BW2's was pretty good too, but not as great.

Who am I? Joshawott's Avatar Forum Head
    Blog Entries
    Follow Joshawott On Twitter
    Follow Joshawott on Tumblr Visit Joshawott's Youtube Channel

Definitely Unova's storyline. Team Plasma's apparent mission about saving Pokémon is relate-able to real-world organisations and was something we fans joked about for years. N was also a very focused and developed character compared to the remainder of the franchise.

Follow Sheena On Twitter Add Sheena on Facebook Add Sheena on Google+ Add Sheena on MySpace
    Add Sheena on Linkedin Follow Sheena on Tumblr Follow Sheena on Flickr Visit Sheena's Youtube Channel

The best, imo, is the 5th generation's plots. BW's plot was simply the best.
    : )

Blog Entries

While N was a cool character can't beat a proper evil organisation like in Sinnoh. I might of been biased though by the great films, ultimate legendaries and anime.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12