• Unova

36 73.47%
  • dont know

0 0%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Best generation storyline

Default Best generation storyline

My favorite story line is hoenn's storyline. it seemed more original(compared to kanto)
    Whats your favorite Storyline?
    Pokemon Diamond
    MY OLD FC IS 1076 6740 4791

MY NEW FC IS 0905 6383 8570

Pokemon Black Friend Code
    2194-7471-6280

Pokemon White V2
    0648-7296-8903

Pokemon Y(3ds friend code)
    1633-5000-2671

Registered User BigBadButterfree's Avatar

Default Re: Best generation storyline

For some reason I really appreciated the story of Sinnoh. It got really epic at parts. Region and gen IV pokemon are definitely not my favorites, but I love that plot.
    LadySasaki likes this.

Blog Entries

Definitely Unova, but only in B/W. It's a real shame that B2/W2 went straight back to the stale plot formula of the previous generations.
    Bill Cipher likes this.

Claims: , , Turboblaze, Fusion Flare ➝ icon/banner ★ pixiv

Blog Entries

Unova. So many good moments...

Blog Entries

Unova's storyline for sure, both BW's and BW2's. Gen 5's storylines were definitely some of the best in the franchise. It focuses on a subject that has even long been a controversial subject within the fandom, and has several points in it that actually made you stop and think. I think all of the characters involved with it also actually worked very well, everyone seemed to have a fitting place. Of course it still wasn't the most perfect story, as far as the Pokemon franchise is concerned, as story has never been a big thing for it. But it was still nonetheless the best, at least in my opinion.

Generation 2 I feel also had a pretty good story. It was very simple, but tied in nicely as a continuation to Gen 1... which frankly feels like it had no story whatsoever, and this coming from a Gen 1 fan.
    UnovaCastaway likes this.

Theme set by Caprizant | Fan of Generation I.

aka the fireflies guy Vanillish Twilight's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Follow Vanillish Twilight on Tumblr

Gonna have to say BW, definitely. Its story is just so deep like it gets you really thinking about the world and issues and stuff but I can't really explain it. The other generations were just like "ok, so there's an evil team and you have to stop them" and there really wasn't much more to the story than that.

Blog Entries
    Follow Cerberuswaltz On Twitter
    Follow Cerberuswaltz on Tumblr Visit Cerberuswaltz's Youtube Channel

I will always have respect for Kanto, always. But as of now, I will always love Hoenn. You may of "stopped" this teams but you didn't disban them. Really, what 'evil' team disbans after being beaten by a kid? Plus, as a girl I watch puts it, "it really puts things in perspective, as they aren't evil, just have their own views." (Magma/Aqua). Plus it seemed to flow nicely as you explored Hoenn. Sinnoh was quite nice and Cyrus did almost get what he wanted, but .... I don't now. Galactic ideals were brilliant, but the costumes and the rest were too silly, and Sinnoh, while fun, was odd to explore during the storyline.

Blog Entries
    Follow Kouzan On Twitter Add Kouzan on Google+
    Follow Kouzan on Tumblr Visit Kouzan's Youtube Channel

Unova definitely. More specifically, Black and White has such a plot so deep that makes you stop and think. It brought up the question alot of people been thinking about for years. Is keeping a Pokemon in a pokeball right or should they be free? Then the concept of the difference between truth and ideals is something that's pretty concrete and complex. next the story of N and Ghetsis' relationship is really emotional and intense , just liek the entire story of BW. Plus I love the story of B2W2 revolving Hugh and Team Plasma. The way it's explained out really give Hugh character and fits his personality well. He's definitely becoming one of my favorite rivals because of his story and place in B2W2.

Forbidden Forest Ranger Cosmic Gerbil's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Add Cosmic Gerbil on Facebook

I have to pick Unova too. I liked the storyline because it was dramatic and it made the game feel a bit like a film. I thought Ghestis was smart the way he concealed his real plans and motives. (He would make a perfect politician xD ). I also liked it that the game ended with N flying off on Reshiram and not you beating the Elite Four.
    Exit light
    Enter night
    Take my hand
    We're off to never never-land

Unova's storyline ,I would say, is a tiny bit better than hoenn but hoenn seemed more.... adventure like too me.
    Pokemon Diamond
    MY OLD FC IS 1076 6740 4791

MY NEW FC IS 0905 6383 8570

Pokemon Black Friend Code
    2194-7471-6280

Pokemon White V2
    0648-7296-8903

Pokemon Y(3ds friend code)
    1633-5000-2671

Where is my Mega Zoroark? Bad Apple's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I'd say Unova. But If I had actually got to play the other games I might have a different choice. I remember that all the times I cried, N was always associated with it. Like when he left, I cried like Hell. Then in Black 2, when I found out that Hilda (I still called her Lisa since that was the name I gave her in White) was still searching for him after 2 years and I had seen him as Rosa (or in my case, I called her L). I just wished that I could find Hilda/Lisa and tell that I knew where N was. I just felt so useless because apparently Rosa/L is mute! I cried even worse that time...
    Xita likes this.
    "I see you have no soul. Want mine? It's black and gooey" -The Frozen Man

Blog Entries

Having Hilbert/Hilda leave Unova to search for N in B2/W2 only to have N return to Unova is some of the worst hand-waving I've ever seen. Not to mention Hilbert/Hilda willingly leaving Unova when they know Ghetsis is still a threat. But I guess that's just water under the bridge now.

Claims: , , Turboblaze, Fusion Flare ➝ icon/banner ★ pixiv

I predict that everyone and his wife is going to say Unova, but it wasn't my favourite. N was kind of milquetoast to me (basically a woobie being used for evil purposes - so Draco Malfoy without the leather pants assholishness), and I didn't like the constant 'EVERYONE'S IDEAS ARE EQUAL MMKAY?' thing being bashed into our skulls every five seconds. It felt like we'd taken a step backwards from the more mature themes of D/P/Pt into kind clumsy, heavy-handed Aesop territory. Like, if Cheren wants to be a power-seeking jerk, just let him, okay Alder? Don't be all philosophical and 'power isn't everything' with us when you're gonna come at me later with a bunch of overpowered level 70 something creatures, ya big fat hypocrite.

BW2 was admittedly better, and mercifully almost N-free...but I really didn't like how you're supposed to be all 'boo, Ghetsis is evil for using the DNA splicers' and then 10 seconds later 'oops he left them behind! let's play with em LOL'. Like, wtf GF? Is it wrong to mess with a pokemon's dna or not? Veeery mixed messages there. And it also scares me how few fans seem to realise that Colress is a total sociopath o__O

I vote Sinnoh as the best storyline - particularly Platinum - not just because I think it was the franchise's first concerted effort at an excellent, engaging plot (gen 3 would've won if they hadn't split the evil team into 2, I didn't like that at all), but because I personally really love stories about mythology, creation and time/space warping. Cyrus was an awesome villain to come up against, Looker was a fun part of the plot, and there was some nice wrapping-up bonus content post-game with stark mountain. So yeah - gotta hand it to Sinnoh! :3
    Last edited by LadySasaki; 15th March 2013 at 08:05 PM.

I breed egg move pokes & DW females.

Silver Strategician LadyScathach's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I'm a huge fan of the generation III games. The intertwining of Team Magma and Aqua was great. That being said, Gen III's plot was that and the typical "become the champion and return to your hometown to do it again" plot. And to be quite honest, gen III's plot was gen I and II's plot in disguise; maybe you're fighting two teams, but they mostly progress as one.

B/W was different. I liked the new, more philosophical approach to the storyline. I really do hate going with the newest, but B/W had the best plot (as I would argue). B2W2 were okay. It was mostly a revert to the old with sparse references to BW. To be honest, it seemed more of one of many of the disappointing sequels. I wanted more links to the BW games and a deeper plot.

Blog Entries

I loved the plot in DPPt: The creation trio, the nihilistic concept behind Cyrus, his objective that was of destroying and rebuilding the Pokémon world, etc. It felt very fresh and original, especially compared to the almost non-existent plots of Generation I and II.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast