Best characters to bring back in Gen 6! - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Best characters to bring back in Gen 6!

CottonSheepFairy 33Whimsicott33's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Best characters to bring back in Gen 6!

Professor Oak.

Haha, but more seriously, it would be neat if we could see some of the remaining plasma sages in their own separate ways that aren't the two in bw2.

Talking spinoff wise, I have no idea. But Pokemon ranger as a sub series tends to be continuous enough to make lots of references to older characters anyway.
    Oh?

I'd like to see some old PCs show up, ALA Red. Would be more interesting than simply fighting the Gym Leaders and Elite Four guys (plus Red, Cheren and Bianca) in the world tournament, and it'd be neat to see what the "canon" versions of the various PCs had.

Lost in the numbers :S Jacko19863's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I want to play as red again.
    I've claimed
    Pokémon
    Zoroark (26/9/12)

Moves
    Earthquake (26/9/12)
    Items
    Tidal Bell (26/9/12)
    DeepSeaTooth (26/9/12)
    Abilities
    Magnet Pull (26/9/12)

Blog Entries

Follow Setra on Tumblr

The only ones I really want to see are N, Cynthia, Prof. Oak and/or Prof. Juniper.

I'd like to see a pervious player character besides Red make a come back. Don't get me wrong, Red is still one of my favorite protagonist, but I was seriously disappointed that Red made another come back while Hilbert/Hilda were nowhere to be seen in B2/W2. It wouldn't have been so bad if it wasn't for the fact that it was the sequal to the games they stared in. I mean, give some of the other previous protagonist some love too, Gamefreak. I still would really like to battle Gold/Ethan... Also, being able to battle a previous champion in the main game that isn't Cynthia would be nice too. (The champion tournament is nice, but the fact that it's basically a battle battle tower/frountier replacement and both sides could only use three/four Pokemon each rubbed me the wrong way. Doesn't help that Cynthia got another fully batteable appearance as well as being in the tournament. :/)

Other than that, maybe the rivials from previous generations could make some battleable appearances too. I would also say N, but I'm kind of worried that they might end up reusing him too much because of his popularity. It's really easy for people to go from 'Cool, my favorite character is back' to 'Ugh, this character again?'. I know that's starting to happen to me with both Cynthia and Red, as I've said above.
    My FC: 3265-5103-3870

Safari type: Water with Gyarados, Bibarel, and Poliwhirl catachable.

Looking for FS that have either Riolu, Audino, or Vulpix in them. Please PM if you have one.

Blog Entries

I'd like to see Leaf make a cameo appearance (or a return as a major character). Giovanni too. Outside of that, give me new people.

My real father lost his head at King's Landing. I made a choice, and I chose wrong. ~ Theon Greyjoy

I'm trying to think of what the rosters for the other PCs would be. Given the fact that Red's teams took a lot of cues from Ash Ketchum mixed with the events of his game and mascots, I'd have to guess that some of them would look like this:

Ethan (Gold/Silver Protagonist, taking inspiration from "Jimmy" in Legend of Thunder, his brief appearance in M13 and such):
    Typhlosion (presumably Silver would have a Feraligatr)
    Donphan
    Sudowoodo
    Togetic (would be a Togekiss in a rematch after Ethan finds a shiny stone)
    Red Gyarados
    Steelix

Lyra/Kris:
    Meganium
    Azumarill
    Ratticate
    Girafarig
    Xatu
    Misdreavus (is a Mismagius in a rematch)

May (taking inspiration from Anime):
    Blaziken
    Glaceon
    Beautifly
    Delcatty
    Cradily
    Sceptile

Brendan:
    Swampert
    Tropius
    Magcargo
    Ludicolo
    Aggron
    Shiftry

Dawn:
    Empoleon (Barry would have Torterra)
    Lopunny
    Pachirisu
    Mamoswine
    Lucario
    Chatot

Lucas:
    Infernape
    Magmortar
    Bibarel
    Rotom
    Bastiodon
    Staraptor

Quote Originally Posted by Gamingboy View Post
    I'm trying to think of what the rosters for the other PCs would be. Given the fact that Red's teams took a lot of cues from Ash Ketchum mixed with the events of his game and mascots, I'd have to guess that some of them would look like this:

Ethan (Gold/Silver Protagonist, taking inspiration from "Jimmy" in Legend of Thunder, his brief appearance in M13 and such):
    Typhlosion (presumably Silver would have a Feraligatr)
    Donphan
    Sudowoodo
    Togetic (would be a Togekiss in a rematch after Ethan finds a shiny stone)
    Red Gyarados
    Steelix

Lyra/Kris:
    Meganium

-snip-
    If you're going to base Ethan's team off of Jimmy's, wouldn't it make more sense to base Lyra/Kris's off of Marina's and give her a Feraligatr?

Leaf Blade, not Protect. leafeon007's Avatar
    Follow leafeon007 On Twitter Add leafeon007 on Google+

N. Nuff said.

Has converted to Helixism Miles101's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I like it when characters make cameos in other generations as bonus bosses you can fight. I find it fun to see them again without them interfering with the new people.
    All of the Frontier Brains need to return. They appear once, have massive potential, and then BAM, goodbye. It'd be cool just to fight them in bonus battles, just to see them again, you know?

Quote Originally Posted by YamiiDenryuu View Post

If you're going to base Ethan's team off of Jimmy's, wouldn't it make more sense to base Lyra/Kris's off of Marina's and give her a Feraligatr?
    I thought about that, but I realized that if Jimmy is the hypothetical player character (giving him priority over Lyra and Kris due to the fact that he was the only choice before Crystal came out), Silver would need the Feraligatr.

BTW, I thought a bit of what Leaf would have, since Red canonically already has all three (four if you count Pikachu) G1 starters. So I decided maybe she'd have a team of identifiable Pokemon from G1 that Red doesn't:
    Jigglypuff (going on the logic that after Pikachu, Jigglypuff was probably the most popular non-starter/non-legendary in G1)'
    Clefable (evolved form of Clefairy, which like Jigglypuff was one of the most popular non-starters in G1)
    Poliwrath (the Polis are apparently Satoshi Tajiri's favorite evolutionary line)
    Ditto (because Dittos are cool)
    Chansey (would be Blissey in rematch)
    Pidgeot (the full evolution of the first pokemon a lot of us caught)

I'm a Biotic God. FEAR ME sonic10158's Avatar

Just Oak

Top game series: Pokémon, Mass Effect, Mario, Sonic, Batman Arkham, Ace Combat, Forza, GTA, Sly Cooper, etc

Follow Gram On Twitter
    Visit Gram's Youtube Channel

Giovanni, Colress, Looker.

Blog Entries

N. His character is just that great. Actually, I'd like Ghetsis and Colress too, though I don't know how they could come back without bringing up the Plasma plot again.

[sources: sig gif|avatar]

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonfyre View Post
    N. His character is just that great. Actually, I'd like Ghetsis and Colress too, though I don't know how they could come back without bringing up the Plasma plot again.
    I doubt Ghestsis will ever show up again wasn't his mind totally shattered at the end of B2/W2? He's pretty much a vegetable... I say N and Croless could show up though along with Cynthia (who should be a given now lol)
    Black: 4727-9836-9051
    White: 3396-7767-9032
    Platinum: 0003-5833-1618
    Soul Silver: 3138-3094-2458

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast