Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree11Likes

Thread: Battle Maison

Zeb
    making a splash Zeb's Avatar Deputy Head Administrator
    Blog Entries

Follow Zeb on Tumblr

Default Battle Maison

Anyone else love this place? You get BP after every battle now which is a godsend, and it just seems so much more fun than the Battle Tower or Subway.

I've been doing Singles and the Multi-battles (Multi with an AI partner, but with a friend will be fun too and I intend to try it out), and I have to say that I'm really enjoying it - especially in comparison to the Battle Tower/Subway. (I like Multi-battles with the AI partners because they use a lot of the unreleased stuff, so it's good chance to view their 3D models :3)

The AI is still as cheap as ever, and your moves will miss waaaay more than they should while your opponents always seem to land their attacks, even lower accuracy ones like Hypnosis, multiple times in a row.
    Zeb: 0361-6364-1279 | Thunderbolts and Lightningrods!

Bringing Shinx to Hoenn! Shiny Shinx's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Visit Shiny Shinx's Youtube Channel

Default Re: Battle Maison

I love this place too! The only complaint I would have, is that you can't do a Multi Battle Challenge with a Human Player Online. It has to be Wireless for some stupid reason... Game Freak/Nintendo should release an update or patch that allows you to have a Human Multi Battle parter Online, ya know?

I'm a full time Pokemon Breeder! But please visit, I really do appreciate the help.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Shiny Shinx View Post
    I love this place too! The only complaint I would have, is that you can't do a Multi Battle Challenge with a Human Player Online. It has to be Wireless for some stupid reason... Game Freak/Nintendo should release an update or patch that allows you to have a Human Multi Battle parter Online, ya know?
    awww i was hoping to multibattle with a friend :/, even more reason for me to move to America
    omg i just checked cos i didnt want to beleive it and youre right! you need to use the infrared ><
    Last edited by Snugglefox; 4th November 2013 at 05:57 PM.

Proud claimer of Sylveon, She is a sneaky Magician who
    loves to pounce out of nowhere and Nuzzle me!
    ♡♥♡5 Signatures! Only 499,995 to go!♡♥♡
    US EBAY SELLERS BEWARE!

You Are (Not) Fine Winterdaze's Avatar Moderator
    Blog Entries

Follow Winterdaze on Tumblr

The Maison is so much better than the battle tower or subway, giving BP after every battle and having a nice variety of battle styles to choose from. The same old hax from the older facilities is alive and well though, so getting to 50 battles to re-challenge the Chatelaines on the super difficulty is hard even with a good team.

I also like how some of the memorable NPCs from the Battle Subway return in XY, like the otaku maid who wants to live a world of anime, comics and games forever.

Too bad there's no inverse battle challenge, that would have been really fun.
    Charles Dunois likes this.

I love it too. Only thing that irks me is that some weak, not fully evolved Pokemon are knocking out my IV bred EV trained fully evolved Pokemon with neutral hits lol. Even with super effective moves, a freaking little Flabebe shouldn't OHKO my Salamence, especially one with 31 IVs in Sp. Def. THE AI'S CHEAT I TELL YA!
    Pokemon Y Friend Code: 4012-4584-1628
    IGN: Beetle K-Lee
    Trainer Shiny Value: 3683
    Friend Safari: Grass- Quilladin, Sawsbuck, Sunkern

.................................................................................................... .................................................................................................... .............

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Harmonica View Post
    I love it too. Only thing that irks me is that some weak, not fully evolved Pokemon are knocking out my IV bred EV trained fully evolved Pokemon with neutral hits lol. Even with super effective moves, a freaking little Flabebe shouldn't OHKO my Salamence, especially one with 31 IVs in Sp. Def. THE AI'S CHEAT I TELL YA!
    This. Dem protean frogadiers >:(
    I love this place too, it so much easier to save up BP
    Charles Dunois likes this.

TF2/Pokemon/OFF
    Vice Head Moderator of PokEdit

Claimer of Farfetch'd, Flying Press and Toxic Orb

Video Games Modegator GatoRage's Avatar Moderator
    Trophies
    Blog Entries

Follow GatoRage on Tumblr

It's great but it really needs a Battle Factory mode where you can rent random Pokemon.

It's very challenging though, sometimes nothing goes right and I lose the first battle like 3x in a row and then I'll suddenly go on a streak. Longest so far in Super Singles is only 24 though.

I'm a bit out of my game, I lost after 4 battles. |D; But earning BP after every battle is a very welcome change.
    Signature is a WIP for the moment.
    For now, I have claimed: Mewtwo, Member's Card, Wide Lens, Honey Gather, and Psystrike.

Blog Entries

So you gain 1 BP after each battle? Thank god, there's nothing more frustrating than losing at the last battle in the Battle Tower/Subway specially in the Super Battles in the Battle Subway.

Claimer of Garchomp and Steam Eruption

You Are (Not) Fine Winterdaze's Avatar Moderator
    Blog Entries

Follow Winterdaze on Tumblr

Quote Originally Posted by Norzan View Post
    So you gain 1 BP after each battle? Thank god, there's nothing more frustrating than losing at the last battle in the Battle Tower/Subway specially in the Super Battles in the Battle Subway.
    Better, you get one extra point for every 10 battles in your winning streak after each battle, and one more if you're doing the super challenge.

So if you have a 30 win streak on the super challenge, you're getting 5BP after every battle.

I like it. I tried the Double battle format and got 12 wins in a row ( I was attempting to verse the leader in double format ) and I thought it would be after defeating 10 trainers but it wasn't so I got a bit tired of battling over and over without gaining XP for my Pokemon so I just gave up. I'm really liking getting 1 BP after a win though :D.

It is much better and more enjoyable than all the past battle facilities. I love how you can interrupt your battles anytime and pick them back up anytime. Plus BP after every battle is so much better. In the past, the time and effort it took to get even a small amount of BP was ridiculous.

Quote Originally Posted by Winterdaze View Post
    [...] So if you have a 30 win streak on the super challenge, you're getting 5BP after every battle.
    Hmmm, good to know that: I only played at the Battle maison for like 5 battles and I went straight to the battle institute, since I only had to win 5 battles to get around 15 BP (and u get some bp's after 5 battles even if u loose some of them).

It's not just the acquisition of BP from every battle, but the fact that you can 'interrupt' at any time and come back where you left off with a completely different team that I like. Of course, it still suffers the Tower's pitfalls of cheating AIs.

Mega Stones and Crackers TheRealJDawgz's Avatar

I love how the AI uses hidden ability Pokemon now. It gives more diversity, challenge, and makes me feel more justified about using hidden ability mons as well. The ability to do as many battles as you like is a welcome change for me, because you get BP from each battle and if you messed up any orders or item placement you can end it and switch your team around.

I'm still dissapointed about the lack of a battle fronteir, but I feel like we're gonna see it soon.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast