Bad Pokemon movepools. - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Bad Pokemon movepools.

I'm gone.
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Bad Pokemon movepools.

Entei. Absolutely horrible movepool, with only ONE Physical Fire-type move, which is Fire Fang. Not very powerful. I wish they'd make better use of him 'cause he's pretty awesome. The other Physical move he learns is Stomp, which again, isn't very powerful.

Quote Originally Posted by Power of Aura View Post
    Entei. Absolutely horrible movepool, with only ONE Physical Fire-type move, which is Fire Fang. Not very powerful. I wish they'd make better use of him 'cause he's pretty awesome. The other Physical move he learns is Stomp, which again, isn't very powerful.
    well technically there's an event in which entei gets flare blitz/extremespeed; that, combined with stone edge and hidden power grass, make entei a rather powerful physical attacker in the lower tiers.
    but i don't think you're talking about events. in that case, i agree with you.

anyways, flareon, escavalier, zapdos. it was unfortunate that zapdos didn't receive hurricane in 2(bw), but it was for the best, i suppose: lightningrod zapdos with hurricane/thunder/roost/hidden power (ice/grass) in the rain would be able to beat practically anything slower than it, sans blissey.
    Last edited by metempsychosis; 10th August 2012 at 03:52 PM.

I'm gone.
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Scheisskopf View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Power of Aura View Post
    well technically there's an event in which entei gets flare blitz/extremespeed; that, combined with stone edge and hidden power grass, make entei a rather powerful physical attacker in the lower tiers.
    but i don't think you're talking about events. in that case, i agree with you.

anyways, flareon, escavelier, zapdos. it was unfortunate that zapdos didn't receive hurricane in 2(bw), but it was for the best, i suppose: lightningrod zapdos with hurricane/thunder/roost/hidden power (ice/grass) in the rain would be able to beat practically anything slower than it, sans blissey.
    Oh, yeah, I have that event. XD Another is Pikachu, with Attack being higher than Sp. Atk (Not by much, though), he only learns 3 Physical moves thru level up, none of which are Electric. Luckily, he can learn Volt Tackle and Wild Charge through TM and Breeding.

Blog Entries

Butterfree/Beautifly/Mothim/Dustox have the awful typing, stats and movepools. I wish Ninjask/Shedninja got more physical moves. A lot of Water types have the same issue sans typing problems.

Happy NintendoDay Europe! Joshawott's Avatar Forum Head
    Blog Entries
    Follow Joshawott On Twitter
    Add Joshawott on Linkedin Follow Joshawott on Tumblr Visit Joshawott's Youtube Channel

Fantastic attack stat, no good physical moves, ability doubles the mediocre special attack stat into respectable stat...few good special moves.

Bringing Shinx to Hoenn! Shiny Shinx's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Visit Shiny Shinx's Youtube Channel

I wish Luxray had a bit more of an awesome movepool.

I so wish Lulidicolo had the ability to learn Aqua Ring. I know it would be useless competively, but it would be so cool to have the ability to drain an extreme amount of health.

I'm a full time Pokemon Breeder! But please visit, I really do appreciate the help.

Klinklang. It's an absolute tragedy. Good attack stat and hardly any good physical moves it can use. I can only hope it gets to shine in BW2. :(
    I claimed Beedrill. <3

Harukaze Doremi is my waifu

I can go all day on this, but I'll keep it short.

I don't care about getting the strongest pokemon, but I like using one with versatile movepools(I don't even care if I have to use a TM to do it). I especially hate it when they can't learn attacks that take advantage of their stats; for example, why the hell can't Flareon learn Flare Blitz. I could never use it in any of my teams because of that and how it could hardly learn any strong late-game moves(it gets Bite and Quick Attack, but not Crunch and Extreme Speed. It's choice of TMs are terrible with most of them being Special Attacks).

A true gamer is one plays who for fun and appreciates a decent storyline.....even if some games frustrate them.

Typhlosion's special movepool is absolutely barren, it's like the game designers were so busy filling it out with physical moves that they forgot Typhlosion was a special attacker.

Bringing Shinx to Hoenn! Shiny Shinx's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Visit Shiny Shinx's Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by Gothic_Geekk89 View Post
    I can go all day on this, but I'll keep it short.

I don't care about getting the strongest pokemon, but I like using one with versatile movepools(I don't even care if I have to use a TM to do it). I especially hate it when they can't learn attacks that take advantage of their stats; for example, why the hell can't Flareon learn Flare Blitz. I could never use it in any of my teams because of that and how it could hardly learn any strong late-game moves(it gets Bite and Quick Attack, but not Crunch and Extreme Speed. It's choice of TMs are terrible with most of them being Special Attacks).
    Yeah. That is so true about Flareon. I mean, Crunch and Flare Blitz are reasonable moves for it to learn! I don't know about Extreme Speed though. I don't think Flareons going to run really fast anytime soon.

Sealeo doesn't seem to have that big of a movepool.

Oh yeah, and freakn' Umbreon. I can't seem to find a different attack for him to use other then Hyper Beam on Emerald.

I'm a full time Pokemon Breeder! But please visit, I really do appreciate the help.

Music is Fun! Enzap's Avatar Moderator
    Blog Entries

Follow Enzap on Tumblr

Quote Originally Posted by Joshawott View Post

Fantastic attack stat, no good physical moves, ability doubles the mediocre special attack stat into respectable stat...few good special moves.
    Although it would be nice if it had some more offensive moves, I've found a set of Protect/Substitute, Toxic, Gear Grind, and Shift Gear is very effective.

Blog Entries

I definitely agree with Mawile. Its moves suck.

Visit Rocky505's Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by chibichernikova View Post
    Mawile's movepool is kind of crappy. I have one, and I'm disappointed it can't learn really any good steel-type moves.
    Iron head.

"I'm just a passing through Pokemon Trainer,"

Quote Originally Posted by Winterdaze View Post
    Typhlosion's special movepool is absolutely barren, it's like the game designers were so busy filling it out with physical moves that they forgot Typhlosion was a special attacker.
    I agree with this so much. There's some odd choices going into his movepool... they'll give him something out-there like Gyro Ball and yet can't give him a decent special move that fits like Earth Power.

Starters of choice.
    Claimed Volcarona on 03/04/12.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Winterdaze View Post
    After the Physical/Special split, Sceptile is on the same boat as Typhlosion. The only Special coverage moves it gets are Focus Blast and Dragon Pulse (and Hidden Power.) Never mind that Sceptile is primarily a Special attacker or anything. <_<

If this thread had been made before the release of BW2, I would have to have said Serperior got the shaft as far as Starters went, but the new Tutor moves have helped to alleviate some of it's movepool problems (it still could be better though.)

As far as Starters go, right now I have to say that Meganium has gotten the shaft. It gets literally nothing (outside of Aromatherapy) that makes it stand out from other Grass types. It has no niche whatsoever, even though the Pokemon is clearly made to be a supporter and should have the movepool of such. (ie. Wish, Baton Pass, Dragon/Quiver Dance, Spikes, U-Turn, anything.)
    SoulSilver FC: 1334-2716-6164
    Platinum FC: 1591-7683-8872

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast