B2/W2 Grievances and Disappointments - Page 2

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 36
Like Tree18Likes

Thread: B2/W2 Grievances and Disappointments

  1. #16
    Time Traveler Silktree's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    8,396
    Blog Entries
    8

    Default Re: B2/W2 Grievances and Disappointments

    The fact that N's journey in the unnamed faraway region meant absolutely nothing.

  2. #17
    zzz YamiiDenryuu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Gender
    Genderless
    Posts
    1,816
    Blog Entries
    4

    Default Re: B2/W2 Grievances and Disappointments

    Quote Originally Posted by Boyblunt View Post
    It would have been nice to get more than three new Pokemon. Different forms of existing Pokemon is not a new Pokemon.
    ... Why would they introduce multiple new Pokemon for B2W2? It's not a new generation.
    sonic10158 likes this.

  3. #18
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    2,852
    Blog Entries
    3

    Default Re: B2/W2 Grievances and Disappointments

    Quote Originally Posted by Silktree View Post
    The fact that N's journey in the unnamed faraway region meant absolutely nothing.
    Perhaps they'll touch on it in a future game. I mean, the timeline for the generations isn't... clear per say. Who knows? Maybe gen 6 will have him cameo in a game where the region he went to is revealed.

    Or I'm just a hapless optimist who should just zip it.

  4. #19
    El_
    El_ is offline
    Registered User El_'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    N's Puzzle Cube
    Posts
    1,440
    Blog Entries
    5

    Default Re: B2/W2 Grievances and Disappointments

    No Original Dragon.

    No Original Genesect.

    Team Plasma reduced to being typical thieves and them not being as epic as in BW 1.

    Plot wasn't nearly as focused on. (I did actually enjoy the plot, but it wasn't as good as BW 1 where there was always good development)

    No Hilda/Hilbert.

    Iris the Champion was not as involved as she should have been in the "plot".

    No closure to Unova and Gen 5 in general.

    I do want to say that I actually did enjoy playing the game, it was enjoyable enough and I did love its good points (loved how much Cheren/Bianca have grown as characters, rival Hugh was pretty cool as well, Gym redesigns and Unova after 2 years were well done), but it wasn't perfect and it missed out on some key opportunities to be as epic as its predecessors.

    The optimist in me... wants Hilda/Hilbert to appear as the "true champions" of Gen 6 much like Red in Gen 2 on top of a mountain with an incredibly high leveled team and a reward for defeating them... *Original Dragon restoration event*

    Well see though. The main problem with BW2 is that it wasn't planned out to be a sequel to begin with, but IMO despite the screw ups (LOL key system) if they actually did have a plan in mind the next time then things will be much better.
    Hidden Mew and SirOni like this.

    N set by smalllady
    Ideals/Truth

  5. #20
    I'm a Biotic God. FEAR ME sonic10158's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Nashville, TN
    Posts
    1,286

    Default Re: B2/W2 Grievances and Disappointments

    Quote Originally Posted by smalllady View Post
    So many unanswered questions...



    Like this here broken bridge near the entrance of Giant Chasm. Now we'll never know why it was put there.

    Yes, I realize I'm more upset than I should be over a stupid choice of landscape, but here we are.
    I think that was just for aesthetics, nothing more. Like the place just before you get on the Skyarrow Bridge that is just there and you can't even ride your bike on, the place in the hometown in B2W2 where we can see far away places (although something happens there [we meet with Bianca there], it was unnecessary), etc.



    On topic:

    1. The fact they didn't do anything with the Abyssal Ruins and the Desert Ruins (minus it being buried). I was hoping to see a sidequest involving those two places, because I find it weird that there are two different ancient ruins that are polar opposites, so I thought there had to be some sort of connection.

    2. Those annoying breeders you are forced to battle each time you pass by them. I'm okay with rebattling trainers, but don't force me to do it when I am just trying to go from Nimbasa to Castelia...

    Top game series: Pokémon, Mass Effect, Mario, Sonic, Batman Arkham, Ace Combat, Forza, GTA, Sly Cooper, etc

  6. #21
    100% Tsundere BMGF Anime Master's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Lastation
    Posts
    10,510
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: B2/W2 Grievances and Disappointments

    Those annoying breeders you are forced to battle each time you pass by them. I'm okay with rebattling trainers, but don't force me to do it when I am just trying to go from Nimbasa to Castelia
    You can avoid them both

    1.Use the rocks on route 4 to your advantage
    2.The one on route 15 can easily be missed(just use lower half of the bridge)

    I have one of my own in

    Why are the stands in Big Small Stadiums accesible but you can't see anything going on

  7. #22
    Magical Girl Shiny Celebi's Avatar Super Moderator
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Gender
    Genderless
    Posts
    22,001
    Blog Entries
    199
    Follow Shiny Celebi On Twitter
    Follow Shiny Celebi on Tumblr

    Default Re: B2/W2 Grievances and Disappointments

    Im also one of those people that found the lack of the Original Dragon dissapointing. I felt that we could have at least seen it, I was curious as to what it looked like. I also wanted to know about the cube N carries around. Nothing about that was explained at all, so maybe it doesnt have any significance, but he always carries it so I dunno.

  8. #23
    Winged man prefers night Ziggy Stardust's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Rage City
    Posts
    1,212
    Blog Entries
    20

    Default Re: B2/W2 Grievances and Disappointments

    Quote Originally Posted by Confidemus View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by bubbie View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by UnovaCastaway View Post
    While I thought these games were great, had tons of postgame content, and addressed SOME of the loose threads left at the end of the BW plot, the one thing I didn't like was the lack of the BW player characters. They get referenced multiple times, you visit their mother, N wants to thank them, and the Memory Link would have been perfect for a battle against them. You hear about and meet N and his dragon, why not the hero/heroine and opposite dragon who beat them?
    I agree with this. It would've been nie to have a red style showdown a la gold/silver
    Totally. They missed a trick there. It's downright illogical that they didn't involve the PCs in some way.
    Totally agree. The "s/he went to search N to thank him" excuse gets more ridiculous since N is back in Unova and it appears to have been in Unova for a while.

    Quote Originally Posted by Confidemus View Post
    This is a tiny, tiny grievance but I kinda wish they'd given the shiny Dratini Multiscale. I'm not sure why they chose not to. Seems odd to me.
    Oh and a slightly larger grievance for me is the overall appearance of the player characters. So, so, so bad.
    I disagree. Actually, I disliked how cheap has become to get Shiny dragons. Shiny Dratini, shiny Gible, shiny Haxorus, just because. Adding them DW abilities would have been too much. At least, back in HGSS, red Gyarados had some plot.

    Me verás volar por la ciudad de la furia...
    - Pokémon games are like boobs; designed for children, but more enjoyed by adults. (Someone on twitter)

  9. #24
    So you want to be a hero? Stuntology's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Spielburg
    Posts
    863

    Default Re: B2/W2 Grievances and Disappointments

    Quote Originally Posted by Aquanova View Post
    Im also one of those people that found the lack of the Original Dragon dissapointing. I felt that we could have at least seen it, I was curious as to what it looked like. I also wanted to know about the cube N carries around. Nothing about that was explained at all, so maybe it doesnt have any significance, but he always carries it so I dunno.
    I disagree. I'm glad that the 'original dragon' didn't make an appearance, because it just adds to the mystery and wonder of it. I also think that seeing the 'completeness' would kind of ruin the 'incomplete' black/white dichotomy that we have.

    Goblins and Saurus and Cheetaurs, oh my!

  10. #25
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    2,852
    Blog Entries
    3

    Default Re: B2/W2 Grievances and Disappointments

    The lack of the BW protagonists was disappointing but not too much. Their inclusion would've been nice but I can live without them.

  11. #26
    I shot a god Ryuutakeshi's Avatar Social Media Editor
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    With Feliciano, my true love
    Posts
    35,471
    Blog Entries
    256

    Default Re: B2/W2 Grievances and Disappointments

    I haven't even finished the game because it just feels too much like a rehash of White 1, but with a less compelling plot and not enough change to warrant me wanting to go through it again. I mean, I hardly replay pokemon games anyways but I have never had an incentive to replay White 1. And now that feels exactly like what I'm doing. Feli tells me that the game picks up after Opelucid City, but I don't get a lot of time to play and I've only just gotten there. If it takes the game this long to get "good" then I don't really care too much. I'll finish it eventually I guess...
    The Outrage likes this.

    Evil Figment (7:59:44 PM): Ryuu, however shakily you started, I've got to hand it to you that you earned my respect the hard way.

  12. #27
    Time Traveler Silktree's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    8,396
    Blog Entries
    8

    Default Re: B2/W2 Grievances and Disappointments

    Quote Originally Posted by Ryuutakeshi View Post
    Feli tells me that the game picks up after Opelucid City, but I don't get a lot of time to play and I've only just gotten there. If it takes the game this long to get "good" then I don't really care too much. I'll finish it eventually I guess...
    The story gets better as it reaches the climax, but even then, that doesn't necessarily make it good. I find it considerably lacking.

  13. #28
    Registered User scarlettpeony's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Gender
    Female
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    139

    Follow scarlettpeony on Tumblr

    Default Re: B2/W2 Grievances and Disappointments

    The games are great in terms of content. I kind of feel overwhelmed at how much I have to do and I don't really know where to start with the post-game content. It is the first time I felt that the game could be termed as "endless" at least in the sense that I will not actually beat the game completely for a long time yet to come. However one thing that bothers me is the key aspect, especially in regards to Challenge Mode and Easy Mode. You can only access Challenge Mode after beating the game and only if you are playing Black 2 (which I am), and cannot get Easy Mode unless you exchange the keys between White 2 etc. Now I don't mind doing this with the Regiis as Pokemon have always made exclusive version content and that is in the true spirit of the francise when you need two people to use the opposite version to complete the Pokedex and access other areas (Like the ability to go to White Forest/Black City).

    But with the difficulty levels, it felt pointless.

    I also think the storyline took a step back as it didn't answer all that many questions about aspects introduced in BW and did not really feel like a sequel (but rather a spin-off) unless you played BW first and then did the memory link. With BW2, to get the full experience, it feels as if you HAVE to play the originals first... which is fine but still. But I feel the Memory Link robbed something from the game a bit. Not least because the original you from BW is only ever mentioned but NEVER APPEARS. Given that s/he was the one who beat N and saved the world, I think s/he deserves a cameo much like Red got in GSC. I know its personal preference but it is one of things I held most against the game... the fact that you never appear to the new you and you couldn't even use the memory link to replicate the original you from BW and fight you, once. :P

  14. #29
    Keeper of Time Ange's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Gender
    Female
    Location
    Temporal Dimension
    Posts
    737
    Blog Entries
    2

    Default Re: B2/W2 Grievances and Disappointments

    - The fact that we didn't get any new information about the Abyssal Ruins. I remember I was really excited to find out what cool stuff they might have put in there, but nope, nothing. All we got was a book that could decipher the stone texts (which were already deciphered in BW) and black dots for the unknown symbols. I guess they kept it out to continue speculation and I understand the fun of that, but I wanted answers.

    - Easy/Challenge Key system. What a load of disappointment.

    - A lot of move animations STILL suck (Solarbeam...).

    - No Hilbert/Hilda in the post-game. Using Memory Link to battle your BW self would have been awesome imo. I guess you would need to "re-sync" with your BW game to re-battle them if you want to use different parties though, but having a separate menu in the Unova Link could fix that I suppose. Seriously, I don't think it would've been hard to incorporate. No NPC can match a real player, but giving them higher AI than any other would be something at least.

    - The appearance of Black/White Kyurem was extremely short lived. The "final duel" was so sudden I thought Ghetsis would appear before you again when he disappeared after being defeated. I kind of wanted Ghetsis to run away with it with the player and N in hot pursuit or something. Like, actually USING B/W-Kyurem towards a goal.. but all that happened was that it fused (which included a really cool animated clip though) with Reshiram/Zekrom, battled you and then, upon its defeat, reversed the fusion. I felt more could've been done there.

    And that's all I got for now. I love B2W2 a whole lot, but I felt it didn't really.. give it all as I wanted it to do?

  15. #30
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    2,852
    Blog Entries
    3

    Default Re: B2/W2 Grievances and Disappointments

    Quote Originally Posted by Angela-Samshi View Post
    - The fact that we didn't get any new information about the Abyssal Ruins. I remember I was really excited to find out what cool stuff they might have put in there, but nope, nothing. All we got was a book that could decipher the stone texts (which were already deciphered in BW) and black dots for the unknown symbols. I guess they kept it out to continue speculation and I understand the fun of that, but I wanted answers.
    Somehow I have a feeling they intend to pull an HGSS Arceus-like event to expand on it and left this open for such a possibility. Maybe in Gen VI (if they make it connected to Unova in a way like GSC or something). You never know with Pokemon.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •