B2/W2 Grievances and Disappointments
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 36

Thread: B2/W2 Grievances and Disappointments

  1. #1
    Registered User Ambipom666's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    548
    Blog Entries
    5

    Default B2/W2 Grievances and Disappointments

    As the title says.

    Some people have expressed disappointment with these games over aspects such as what the plot does and doesn't cover for example. What problems do you guys have with the game, if any? Where/How do you think it failed, and why?

    3DS name: DuckNasch, Friend Code: 1177-7926-0353, Friend Safari: Doduo, Hoothoot, Fletchinder

  2. #2
    I poke your snoot UnovaCastaway's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Gender
    Female
    Location
    Aspertia City
    Posts
    1,439
    Blog Entries
    70

    Default Re: B2/W2 Grievances and Disappointments

    While I thought these games were great, had tons of postgame content, and addressed SOME of the loose threads left at the end of the BW plot, the one thing I didn't like was the lack of the BW player characters. They get referenced multiple times, you visit their mother, N wants to thank them, and the Memory Link would have been perfect for a battle against them. You hear about and meet N and his dragon, why not the hero/heroine and opposite dragon who beat them?

  3. #3
    Registered User bubbie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Gender
    Female
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Posts
    86

    Follow bubbie on Tumblr

    Default Re: B2/W2 Grievances and Disappointments

    Quote Originally Posted by UnovaCastaway View Post
    While I thought these games were great, had tons of postgame content, and addressed SOME of the loose threads left at the end of the BW plot, the one thing I didn't like was the lack of the BW player characters. They get referenced multiple times, you visit their mother, N wants to thank them, and the Memory Link would have been perfect for a battle against them. You hear about and meet N and his dragon, why not the hero/heroine and opposite dragon who beat them?
    I agree with this. It would've been nie to have a red style showdown a la gold/silver

  4. #4
    En Route to Kalos Narcisse's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Vermilion City
    Posts
    205
    Blog Entries
    31

    Default Re: B2/W2 Grievances and Disappointments

    Quote Originally Posted by bubbie View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by UnovaCastaway View Post
    While I thought these games were great, had tons of postgame content, and addressed SOME of the loose threads left at the end of the BW plot, the one thing I didn't like was the lack of the BW player characters. They get referenced multiple times, you visit their mother, N wants to thank them, and the Memory Link would have been perfect for a battle against them. You hear about and meet N and his dragon, why not the hero/heroine and opposite dragon who beat them?
    I agree with this. It would've been nie to have a red style showdown a la gold/silver
    Totally. They missed a trick there. It's downright illogical that they didn't involve the PCs in some way.

    This is a tiny, tiny grievance but I kinda wish they'd given the shiny Dratini Multiscale. I'm not sure why they chose not to. Seems odd to me.
    Oh and a slightly larger grievance for me is the overall appearance of the player characters. So, so, so bad.

  5. #5
    Registered User bubbie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Gender
    Female
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Posts
    86

    Follow bubbie on Tumblr

    Default Re: B2/W2 Grievances and Disappointments

    Quote Originally Posted by Confidemus View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by bubbie View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by UnovaCastaway View Post
    While I thought these games were great, had tons of postgame content, and addressed SOME of the loose threads left at the end of the BW plot, the one thing I didn't like was the lack of the BW player characters. They get referenced multiple times, you visit their mother, N wants to thank them, and the Memory Link would have been perfect for a battle against them. You hear about and meet N and his dragon, why not the hero/heroine and opposite dragon who beat them?
    I agree with this. It would've been nie to have a red style showdown a la gold/silver
    Totally. They missed a trick there. It's downright illogical that they didn't involve the PCs in some way.

    This is a tiny, tiny grievance but I kinda wish they'd given the shiny Dratini Multiscale. I'm not sure why they chose not to. Seems odd to me.
    Oh and a slightly larger grievance for me is the overall appearance of the player characters. So, so, so bad.
    haha yeah i also agree with that. the pcs have kinda been looking weirder and weirder with each generation. there's always something that ends up bothering me, usually the hair. r/s had like the only decent looking pcs in both genders, imho.

    another thing that sorta bothers me, though this is less about the game and more about the dream world, is that since they included pokemon you can get in the game (so you an get the hidden abilities, obviously), is tat i always seem to run into these pokemon i don't need and can never find the pokemon i'm actually looking for (i've been searching for slowpoke and rotom since day one) but i run into ducklett and drilbur a million times. i mean sure its nice to get the hidden abilities for them but half the time its not even worth it.

  6. #6
    Humanity's Strongest Shiny Celebi's Avatar Administrator
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Gender
    Uncertain
    Posts
    23,558
    Blog Entries
    200
    Follow Shiny Celebi On Twitter
    Follow Shiny Celebi on Tumblr

    Default Re: B2/W2 Grievances and Disappointments

    I didnt like that the Shadow Triad were so easy to beat in battle. I think they shouldve made them tougher. I like that they were able to be battled though.

    I too thought the shiny Dratini should have Multiscale. Other than that, I dont really have any problems with the game as of now.
    tumblr(not spoiler free)

  7. #7
    I poke your snoot UnovaCastaway's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Gender
    Female
    Location
    Aspertia City
    Posts
    1,439
    Blog Entries
    70

    Default Re: B2/W2 Grievances and Disappointments

    One more thing: where were Ryoku, Bronius, and Giallo? Which Team Plasma faction did they side with?

  8. #8
    User Title Groudon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Gender
    Genderless
    Location
    Cave of Origin, Hoenn
    Posts
    110

    Default Re: B2/W2 Grievances and Disappointments

    I was excited when I knew about the Challenge Mode/Easy Mode.When I knew these were version exclusive and not available until post game, I was deeply disappointed in Game Freak.

  9. #9
    So you want to be a hero? Stuntology's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Beautiful British Columbia
    Posts
    978

    Default Re: B2/W2 Grievances and Disappointments

    Quote Originally Posted by Shiny Kyurem View Post
    I was excited when I knew about the Challenge Mode/Easy Mode.When I knew these were version exclusive and not available until post game, I was deeply disappointed in Game Freak.
    I have to agree. It's barely going to be used.

    Goblins and Saurus and Cheetaurs, oh my!

  10. #10
    真実の英雄 smalllady's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Gender
    Female
    Location
    Nuvema Town
    Posts
    1,386
    Blog Entries
    4

    Default Re: B2/W2 Grievances and Disappointments

    So many unanswered questions...



    Like this here broken bridge near the entrance of Giant Chasm. Now we'll never know why it was put there.

    Yes, I realize I'm more upset than I should be over a stupid choice of landscape, but here we are.

    Claims: , , Turboblaze, Fusion Flare ➝ icon/banner ★ pixiv

  11. #11
    Super Moderator Hidden Mew's Avatar Forum Head
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Gender
    Female
    Location
    Somewhere dreaming forever
    Posts
    4,778

    Default Re: B2/W2 Grievances and Disappointments

    I enjoy the games and I really love how they added a lot of post-storyline content, which was seriously missed in the first games, but I am disappointed that they didn't include the protagonists from the first game in there somewhere. They're referenced a lot and I would have loved to see a scene where they meet up with N again, if only because of how awesome and sweet it would be. After meeting with N again, it would have been really cool to battle with them too. If they didn't want to give them official teams like with Red, then they could have used the Memory Link feature so that they would have whatever team you have in the first games and you can battle them multiple times, instead of only once. That would have been terrific.

    I was also kind of disappointed that the Shadow Triad wasn't the Striaton City Gym Leaders. While it was probably clear with the B2/W2 trailer that they weren't the same, I still really liked that theory and it could have been interesting if that was the case. I was also kind of disappointed that they didn't freeze up more of Unova like on that map from the initial promotional images for the games. That would have been a better reason for not being able to travel through parts of the region than the bridges being repaired or tested.

  12. #12
    Mrs. Steven Stone Kyriaki's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Hoenn
    Posts
    7,748
    Blog Entries
    428

    Follow Kyriaki on Tumblr

    Default Re: B2/W2 Grievances and Disappointments

    Quote Originally Posted by Hidden Mew View Post
    I was also kind of disappointed that they didn't freeze up more of Unova like on that map from the initial promotional images for the games.
    This. I had been expecting more places freezing up rather than just around Opelucid... I mean, with that big of a ship, they could've easily frozen Lacunosa, Village Bridge, and maybe some other areas on the way - perhaps even Segiha as well.

  13. #13
    Call me Yusuke Venator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    California
    Posts
    1,461
    Blog Entries
    2

    Default Re: B2/W2 Grievances and Disappointments

    Quote Originally Posted by Hidden Mew View Post
    I was also kind of disappointed that they didn't freeze up more of Unova like on that map from the initial promotional images for the games. That would have been a better reason for not being able to travel through parts of the region than the bridges being repaired or tested.
    This so much.

    The rest of my complaints are basically the same as BW (except for the fixed lack of post-game content). Especially the "Level 9 or below Zekrom" trade center.

    "If everyone is thinking alike, then somebody isn't thinking." -George S. Patton
    Arceus is a false god. Only science knows the true answer.

  14. #14
    Registered User Boyblunt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Northeast
    Posts
    112

    Default Re: B2/W2 Grievances and Disappointments

    It would have been nice to get more than three new Pokemon. Different forms of existing Pokemon is not a new Pokemon.

  15. #15
    Hψ=Eψ H-con's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    63°25′50″N10°23′42″E
    Posts
    4,676
    Blog Entries
    52
    Follow H-con On Twitter Add H-con on Facebook Add H-con on Google+ Add H-con on MySpace
    Add H-con on Linkedin Follow H-con on Tumblr Follow H-con on Flickr Visit H-con's Youtube Channel

    Default Re: B2/W2 Grievances and Disappointments

    Quote Originally Posted by Hidden Mew View Post
    I was also kind of disappointed that the Shadow Triad wasn't the Striaton City Gym Leaders.
    You know, of all the little things in BW2 that pleased me, this was one of the biggest. So many theories, gone to waste. I loved it.

    I was also kind of disappointed that they didn't freeze up more of Unova like on that map from the initial promotional images for the games. That would have been a better reason for not being able to travel through parts of the region than the bridges being repaired or tested.
    While I agree on the bridge part (well, the dancers were pretty lame as well, but whatever), having one ice puzzle is enough, to many just gets tedious. Well, for me at least.

    That, and the fact that they have better things to do when it comes to adding content compared to something that is only going to be there for a short while, giving it better longevity.


    One disappointment, Challenge mode. While I got their intention, in any region that's basically not Japan, it's a god damn stupid idea that should have never been implemented in the way they did.
    Challenge mode is still a pretty nice thing though.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •