B/W complainers.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: B/W complainers.

Registered Poké-Addict Strato Lucario's Avatar

Talking B/W complainers.

Quote Originally Posted by sciqueen
    The new Pokemon are awful and you know it.

The series peaked with Gold and Silver and no Pokemon game will ever capture the magic of the first two generations.
    This was posted by a user on the forums of Official Nintendo Magazine forums, called, as you've probably seen, 'sciqueen'. I find these very... lopsided comments quite amusing.

So, users of Bulbagarden, let's see what posts you found on the interwebs along the lines of 'B/W ruined Pokemon... FOREVER!'

P.S. This thread is just to post funny, complaining comments, not to complain about it yourself.

WARNING: The above link links to tv tropes, a highly addicting site. Do not follow link unless you have hours to sink into browsing the interwebs.
    "I bought the Christian version of Pokemon the other day. But for some reason, my Pokemon won't evolve..."- Anonymous.

Yes, I am THAT gli. :P Gligar13's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default Re: B/W complainers.

I see those kind of people all the time. And not just in the Pokemon Fandumb.

The Digimon fandumb has a similar issue, where they are stuck in 1999 and complaning when they get a new series (then asking for a new one when there is none on).

As for the game haters, people hated gen IV too. Even though that site is a parody, it shows how the fandumb reacted in the past.
    dA::YT::furaffinity::Yes, I DID claim Gligar.

Follow Usagi-Zakura on Tumblr Visit Usagi-Zakura's Youtube Channel

Pokèmon was RUINED FOREVAH in generation III and I'm still playing:B
    Hater's gonna hate.
    You're just jealous at Smugleaf, random Nintendo-poster, admit it.
    I got bored playing Generation III but not so much because of the Pokèmon (though that might have been ONE reason, it had some nice ones too, like my favorite dark type Absol, and the coolest grass starter second to Snivy; Treecko) but because the games felt like a setback from Generation II (the time-element was pretty much useless and day/night was removed etc)

Generation IV brought back much of what I missed from the second generation and so far V is looking pretty good.
    Going to pick up my white version tomorrow so then I'll know:B
    The first two generation will always have a special place in my heart for being the first, and thus they have a nostalgic value, that doesn't mean all games after that are crap.

Blog Entries

Follow Baka-kun on Tumblr

What I love about Pokémon fandumb is that most of the time, they'll end up playing the games that they apparently loathe. XD
    The moment man devoured the fruit of knowledge, he sealed his fate… Entrusting his future to the cards, man clings to a dim hope. Yet, the arcana is the means by which all is revealed. Beyond the beaten path lies the absolute end. It matters not who you are… Death awaits you - Nyx (Persona 3)
    <- banner by TheEroKing of animesuki forums.

What is tv tropes about? :P

My favorite gen of Pokemon was Gen 2 by far, but this gen has some really cool concepts that I am surprised they managed to think of, and obviously the overhaul of graphics etc make the game so much more awesome :P

Yes, I am THAT gli. :P Gligar13's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by FangJoker View Post
    What I love about Pokémon fandumb is that most of the time, they'll end up playing the games that they apparently loathe. XD
    Which is also why I like the Digimon fan dumb. They hate everything after Season 3, yet I saw them watching Xros Wars...and liking it.

*facepalm*
    dA::YT::furaffinity::Yes, I DID claim Gligar.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Gligar13 View Post
    I see those kind of people all the time. And not just in the Pokemon Fandumb.

The Digimon fandumb has a similar issue, where they are stuck in 1999 and complaning when they get a new series (then asking for a new one when there is none on).

As for the game haters, people hated gen IV too. Even though that site is a parody, it shows how the fandumb reacted in the past.
    That site was so close to what people actually say about later generations that I had a hard time telling it was a parody at first.

One thread in IGN had so many complainers that a guy commented we were getting worse than the Sonic fandumb.

That's right, the fandumbiest of all fandumbs is more civil than the nostalgia-blinded Pokemon fans.

That makes me laugh and cry tears of sorrow. At the same time.
    Yes, I am coming out of the closet as a Brony. Problem, manly men?
    http://bmgf.bulbagarden.net/images/signaturepics/sigpic34657_1.gif

Check out the TVTropes Fanon Pokedex project! (especially the articles written by Umbramatic, which is most definitely not my alternate username ;) )
    Also, my recently-resurrected fanfic. And something N fans would love to read.

Blog Entries

GameFAQs. Just GameFAQs.
    Step into the Fairy circle

Blog Entries

I used to debate with the "Pokemon is ruined!" crowd on a daily basis either on Youtube, Gaia, or other message boards I frequented. Usually these people would compare every single aspect that they knew about to the first or second generation.

What bugged me is some of them would say, "If you played since the first generation, you will agree with me." or "These Pokemon suck, and if you think otherwise you must be in denial." It seems like some fans cannot accept that there are other opinions out there, and not everyone will agree with you.

Blog Entries

Pokemon was ruined forever when it was released in Japan 15 years ago as Pokemon Red and Green versions.

But on a serious note, if we don't have a fandumb thread already to merge this into, shouldn't we move this to general Pokemon discussion? Because it's not just B&W
    Ultimately, I serve only one master... pure logic.
    Fanclub for an underloved Trash Pokemon...
    JP White FC: Joey 5457 5199 6851
    EN Black FC: Lipanda 3825 7876 0484

I shot a god Ryuutakeshi's Avatar Social Media Editor
    Blog Entries

Just a note: There shall be NO FLAMING OR FIGHTING IN HERE.

Evil Figment (7:59:44 PM): Ryuu, however shakily you started, I've got to hand it to you that you earned my respect the hard way.

Blog Entries

Follow Owain on Tumblr

^^ not like BW brought all those ''mechano'' ones, Magnemite's line says hello!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ShinyBreeder View Post
    I know it doesnt totally go along with this thread since its kinda making fun of people complaining about it but i do have one or two complaints...

My pogymons can no longer follow me :(
    I dont like the mechano looking ones
    Like Serperior said, there's always been "Mechano looking" Pokemon :P

But I do miss the following Pokemon, however, the improvements brought in BW aren't worth complaining for following Pokemon back.
    Ultimately, I serve only one master... pure logic.
    Fanclub for an underloved Trash Pokemon...
    JP White FC: Joey 5457 5199 6851
    EN Black FC: Lipanda 3825 7876 0484

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Serperior View Post
    ^^ not like BW brought all those ''mechano'' ones, Magnemite's line says hello!
    true very true but i was talking more the ones that look like robots and aliens but we better stop i just noticed that the thread rules were modified to not complain about it yerself
    Last edited by ShinyBreeder; 3rd March 2011 at 07:57 PM.

Please Help Hatch My Team :) I do my best to repay the favor but im sorry if i miss you

My favorite is when people say each new set of Pokemon looks like Digimon.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast