Answer that Pokemon trivia

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Answer that Pokemon trivia

追放されたバカ
    Blog Entries

Default Answer that Pokemon trivia

I think this thread belongs here and not Fun and Games, but I guess I could be wrong.

~~~

OK, here's a new fun game I thought up. Someone asks a Pokemon trivia question, and then people can answer that question. As soon as a user posts a correct answer and the poster of that question acknowledges it, that user may then ask another question. And it goes on and on like that.

I guess the only rules are:
    1. Do not post a question until your correct answer for the previous question has been acknowledged by the original user. Otherwise, your question will be ignored.
    2. Keep it video game related. Don't suddenly ask a question about the anime, manga or TCG, because this is the 'Pokemon Video Games' section.
    3. Do not ask a near impossible question such as 'How many trainers have used a Rattata in-game?'.
    4. And finally, when you ask a question, make sure you know the answer yourself, OK?
    5. New rule: If a user is allowed to post a new question, but does not do so within 24 hours, any user may assume the role and post their own question instead.

Here's the very first question: 'Which is the only move that can only be learnt by one Pokemon, as of Generation V (excluding Sketch)?'
    Last edited by Pidgeot; 1st November 2012 at 03:23 AM.

Default Re: Answer that Pokemon trivia

Is the answer Judgement? D8 AFAIK Arceus is the only one who can learn Judgement.

This applies to a lot of Pokemon, that question. Signature Moves are moves that can only be learned by one Pokemon. D: Psystrike and Mewtwo, Dark Void and Darkrai, Lunar Dance and Cresselia, Aero Blast and Lugia, Sacred Fire and Ho-Oh, Transform and Ditto...

That's all I can remember off the top of my head.
    Signature is a WIP for the moment.
    For now, I have claimed: Mewtwo, Member's Card, Wide Lens, Honey Gather, and Psystrike.

I won't bite... much. SharKing's Avatar Moderator
    Blog Entries
    Follow SharKing On Twitter
    Visit SharKing's Youtube Channel

Actually, there's Smeargle with Sketch, which permanently copies all of those signature moves; you could say that Judgment could only be learned by Arceus and Smeargle, so to speak. The only one it can't copy (for some reason) is Chatter, so Chatter gets that honor.
    This post brought to you by
    SharKing Productions

If you want to battle me, trade with me, or use my Friend Safari in X/Y, my FC is 1220 7381 3516.

I'm not just on BMGf. Check me out on:
    YouTube | Twitter | Smogon Forums | Marriland Forums

...ohh. OH. Oh wow! I forgot what Sketch did for a moment there. 8D; Oh my goodness. So Chatot with Chatter is the answer. Wow, okay!
    Signature is a WIP for the moment.
    For now, I have claimed: Mewtwo, Member's Card, Wide Lens, Honey Gather, and Psystrike.

追放されたバカ
    Blog Entries

@SharKing; Yes, you're right, Chatter is the only move that just one Pokemon can learn - even Smeargle can't Sketch it. So you get to make the next question. :P

Blog Entries

Will do.

Every starter Pokemon has a basic attack move and an equally basic stat move at Lv.5. Which starter Pokemon is the only one whose stat move raises its own stat instead of lowering the opponent's?
    SharKing Productions

If you want to battle me, trade with me, or use my Friend Safari in X/Y, my FC is 1220 7381 3516.

Quote Originally Posted by SharKing View Post
    Will do.

Every starter Pokemon has a basic attack move and an equally basic stat move at Lv.5. Which starter Pokemon is the only one whose stat move raises its own stat instead of lowering the opponent's?
    That would be Turtwig, who knows the move Withdraw.

Which of the your Pokémon's stats should you take into account when using Low Kick?
    -Special Defense
    -Speed
    -Evasion
    -Attack

Blog Entries

Might want to get a better look at the thread's rules, @Anser.
    1. Do not post a question until your correct answer for the previous question has been acknowledged by the original user. Otherwise, your question will be ignored.
    2. Keep it video game related. Don't suddenly ask a question about the anime, manga or TCG, because this is the 'Pokemon Video Games' section.
    3. Do not ask a near impossible question such as 'How many trainers have used a Rattata in-game?'.
    4. And finally, when you ask a question, make sure you know the answer yourself, OK?
    Anyway, your answer is correct, and I believe the answer to your question is Attack.
    SharKing Productions

Anyway, your answer is correct, and I believe the answer to your question is Attack.
    Then posting new questions is going to take forever... What if the poster of the last question spends a week without logging in? Will the thread stop until they return?

Your answer is correct, by the way.

Blog Entries

Hmm. We'll have to see what @Pidgeot says about it.

What Pokemon was the only one that a player had absolutely no hope of seeing in Red, Blue, and Yellow without trading?
    SharKing Productions

追放されたバカ
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Anser View Post
    Then posting new questions is going to take forever... What if the poster of the last question spends a week without logging in? Will the thread stop until they return?
    Yeah, I just realised that... Anyhow, I added a new rule in to cover that. Thanks anyway.

What Pokemon was the only one that a player had absolutely no hope of seeing in Red, Blue, and Yellow without trading?
    I'm pretty sure it's Golem?

Quote Originally Posted by Pidgeot View Post
    Yeah, I just realised that... Anyhow, I added a new rule in to cover that. Thanks anyway.

I'm pretty sure it's Golem?
    You're welcome. Are other users allowed to interfere in others' answers in case they have something else to say? In this question, for example, it's not only Golem, but also Machamp, Alakazam and Gengar.

Blog Entries

Pidgeot is correct. There are several Pokemon a RBY trainer could never see without trading, but that depends on things like starter choice. Only Golem was definite. (FYI, Anser: Alakazam could be seen with Sabrina and Gary, Gengar could be seen with Agatha, and Machamp could be seen with Bruno.)
    Last edited by SharKing; 1st November 2012 at 08:54 AM.
    SharKing Productions

追放されたバカ
    Blog Entries

You're welcome. Are other users allowed to interfere in others' answers in case they have something else to say? In this question, for example, it's not only Golem, but also Machamp, Alakazam and Gengar.
    Yeah, you can if you want.

Pidgeot is correct. There are several Pokemon a RBY trainer could never see without trading, but that depends on things like starter choice. Only Golem was definite. (FYI, Anser: Alakazam could be seen with Sabrina and Gary, Gengar could be seen with Agatha, and Machamp could be seen with Bruno.)
    As of Generation V, what is the Pokemon with the most signature moves? And what three moves are they?

needs a new avatar Shiny Staraptor's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Pidgeot View Post
    As of Generation V, what is the Pokemon with the most signature moves? And what three moves are they?
    Vespiquen, with Heal, Defend and Attack Order. It's still pretty useless though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Neoflare
    star i have your eevee
    Quote Originally Posted by Light Yagami
    IF YOU EVER WANT TO SEE IT AGAIN, COME TO ... AVENUE
    Y Friend Code: 2578-3150-3027

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast